• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EC tuner brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be less effective on heavy contour barrels? I am running MTU

Would it be less effective on heavy contour barrels? I am running MTU
You’ll just have to shoot a lot more while you go through more of the tuners settings on a thicker contour barrel.

This new ec brake uses a small and light weight which isn’t ideal but would be one of the limitations of that design. The standard for tuners is a weight around 4oz.

Check out the tmb. It’s designed to work better with thicker contour barrels.

B71EAEB3-120D-4BEE-960C-C89EB145215A.jpeg

www.strikewithoutwarning.com

I would love to see some real reviews of the "EC" tuner. Or any tuner. Even if the theory on the barrel harmonics behind those tuners is correct, I miss reliable range reports.

You’ll just have to shoot a lot more while you go through more of the tuners settings on a thicker contour barrel.

This new ec brake uses a small and light weight which isn’t ideal but would be one of the limitations of that design. The standard for tuners is a weight around 4oz.

Check out the tmb. It’s designed to work better with thicker contour barrels.

View attachment 7512179

www.strikewithoutwarning.com
when will the preorders open?

Seemed like a pretty genuine question to me, also you didn’t answer my question. How many people actually swap between a suppressor and brake on the same rifle?

We don’t have suppressors in Australia but if we did I don’t see why you would do that. A suppressor mount with the tuner built in so you can use one suppressor between multiple rifles is something I could see being a good idea.
I do depending on where is shooting. Half the country is communist and is scared of them and the other half is going that way fast.

What setup do most run that swap between a brake and suppressor?
Well, to start I always dope a rifle both ways. I zero for suppressed and note the offset for unsuppresed. Now if I’m going to California to shoot said rifle, I have to live the silencer at home so I shoot it with a brake. Again, for me, I’m not a big smallest tiniest group guy. I don’t shoot BR and currently I’m not reloading. these aren’t my thing. but Again, to those of us in the states, yes silencers are legal, but some states ban them. We shoot in all the states and sometimes with the same gun so we have to shoot both ways. Maybe when we r full blown communist up here it won’t matter because all the silencers will be lost in boating accidents

edit to add, not all,states allow hunting with silencers either.

Reactions: rydah
Thanks for the replies, so what's the ideal way to swap between the two? Both direct thread, or a setup like area419 with both items mounting onto the same adapter?
I use the 419 system exclusively for 2 reasons. The taper is solid and I can protect the barrel threads. If I accidentally cross thread and adapter and jack it up, well just replace it. Not so easy if you jack up the barrel threads.

Thanks for the replies, so what's the ideal way to swap between the two? Both direct thread, or a setup like area419 with both items mounting onto the same adapter?
I use 419 as well. It’s a direct thread basically but better. I can take my can off and put my brake on any rifle I have with the universal adaptor... so all of them lol.

If I were to add a tuner it would be the kinetic solutions so I could just have it behind the 419 stuff.

Reactions: lash and rydah
I use 419 as well. It’s a direct thread basically but better. I can take my can off and put my brake on any rifle I have with the universal adaptor... so all of them lol.

If I were to add a tuner it would be the kinetic solutions so I could just have it behind the 419 stuff.
This^^^. I just got the Kinect Solutions tuner for Christmas. Can’t wait to test it.

I run the 419 setup because I really like their brakes. I don't have a can yet, but my plan for when I get one is to run a muzzle brake for matches and a can for everything else including practice. APA makes a brake that is a little more effective in my opinion, but it requires a wrench to take off.

During a match, I don't get any benefit from running a can. Everyone else runs brakes, so I still have to double up on ear pro and if I run a can, I don't get the reduction in recoil.

For anything else, I can just run standard ear pro and I won't go deaf if I take a few shots with no ear pro. The increased recoil is better practice, and the neighbors won't complain about noise so much.

My only complaint with stuff like this is that we're mounting a brake on a mount on the barrel threads. For a can, it's mounting a can to an adapter, to a taper mount to the threads. There's an awful lot going on there and tolerance stacking can be a bitch. Tossing a tuner in the same spot leaves a hell of a lot going on in a critical part of the system.

Reactions: rydah
Seriously? I am a Florida resident but could potentially get stationed in CA. That my biggest concern, I can’t use my suppressor?
I wouldn't recommend taking legal advice from a random on a forum lol. That being said, the issue would probably be that you're "living" in the state because you're stationed there.

deleted.

Last edited:
I can do a tuner/adapter that stays torqued onto the barrel, then have an adapter that screws into the suppressor and then the suppressor screw onto the tuner/adapter but there's a lot going on there. Which is my biggest issue with the ats tuner, it's not torqued onto the barrel and then you're stacking other devices on top of that. I deliberately made the tmb as simple as possible with the way it mounts and with the least amount of parts.

I guess the way I would be most comfortable with would be a tuner/adapter (see picture below) and then an adapter that replaces the end cap of the suppressor like the q plan b to eliminate as many parts as possible. But how many suppressors is that possible with?

View attachment 7512308
If you could do a collaboration with area 419 (419 style taper mount machined into the end) to piggyback off the system they already have in place, it would give you access to their whole array of suppressor adapters and brakes. But, I have no idea how the business end of that would work.

deleted.

Last edited:
Yeah, theres an exemption form you can fill out that allows out of state residents to bring suppressors if traveling to an organized shooting event inside the state.

You have more rights here than actual residents.

Other than certain FFL, LEO, or IDGAF. But I wouldnt know anything about that.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Yeah, theres an exemption form you can fill out that allows out of state residents to bring suppressors if traveling to an organized shooting event inside the state.

The brake just needs standard 5/8 threading. His tuner requires something special.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶

The only exemption I’m aware of is you can pass through the state on your way to another state but you cannot use it or Posses (ca definition) it. It needs to be locked up and never mounted on a rifle and you cannot spend the night in CA. I have good friend in the CA bureau of firearms. I’ll ask him Monday.

ima native Cali boy. I’m very familiar with their bullshit. its one of the reasons I bailed.

Reactions: CaptNemo
The only exemption I’m aware of is you can pass through the state on your way to another state but you cannot use it or Posses (ca definition) it. It needs to be locked up and never mounted on a rifle and you cannot spend the night in CA. I have good friend in the CA bureau of firearms. I’ll ask him Monday.

ima native Cali boy. I’m very familiar with their bullshit. its one of the reasons I bailed.

CA Born and raised. Reason I know theres a event that is one of those spartan physical/ shooting challenge on a mil base and they had links to actual form for competitors. looked into it and its legit. The event post is here on SH somewhere.

CA Born and raised. Reason I know theres a event that is one of those spartan physical/ shooting challenge on a mil base and they had links to actual form for competitors. looked into it and its legit. The event post is here on SH somewhere.
On a military base is a whole nother animal. That technically isn’t California That be federal land.

Reactions: Alienta
If you want to use a suppressor with an EC tuner, just get his original. It requires having your barrel turned and threaded, but it works with any brake or suppressor you want. It’s also much larger so you don’t have to worry with the possibility of the weight being too small.

There’s also the ATS others have mentioned. I’ve only used the original EC tuner, but the ATS is getting good reviews and doesn’t require added threads.

I wish the ATS wasn't so expensive. By the time I get an ATS I could just grab an EC Tuner and have it installed for the same amount

Could you please post your test results with a tuner...show us your groups at 200 yards without/with a tuner.

Area 4-19 probably thinks they invented the Morse taper. They don’t want to share their patented Morse taper technology with anyone.

Actually, my guess is that area 4-19 is working on their own solution.

• Haha
Reactions: Estes640
Area 4-19 probably thinks they invented the Morse taper. They don’t want to share their patented Morse taper technology with anyone.

Actually, my guess is that area 4-19 is working on their own solution.
with how quickly the ATS/KSS has blown up. i wouldn't be surprised

Reactions: lash
...My only complaint with stuff like this is that we're mounting a brake on a mount on the barrel threads. For a can, it's mounting a can to an adapter, to a taper mount to the threads. There's an awful lot going on there and tolerance stacking can be a bitch. Tossing a tuner in the same spot leaves a hell of a lot going on in a critical part of the system.
I don’t know about the others but the EC tuner mounts to the barrel itself (you have to have a length behind the threads machined to a specific diameter) and not the threads.

I don’t know about the others but the EC tuner mounts to the barrel itself (you have to have a length behind the threads machined to a specific diameter) and not the threads.
the ATS uses the threads but doesnt need any special machining

On a military base is a whole nother animal. That technically isn’t California That be federal land.
It’s both. Federal property such as mil bases, post offices etc fall under state AND federal jurisdictions so you have to comply with both sets of laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.