• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eclipse 2024 ..Let the madness begin!

If you are in the middle of the path of totality, the total eclipse will last for about 3.5 minutes. That's about 2 minutes longer than most people need. LOL.
They claim it will last over 4 minutes here ?
Also here they will close I-40 and the Arkansas River bridge when it starts until it ends. 🥱

Forecast is for mostly cloudy here (near Knoxville TN), scattered showers, etc., so I will say I got a 50/50 chance of seeing the eclipse, and knowing the local TV weather experts miss the forecast about 50% of the time, so.. I'm sure I will notice it getting darker in a couple hours. LOL

1712597341237.png

It's partly overcast here west of Austin. My $2.00 eclipse glasses suck!

Anyone who travelled from MN. or Oregon all the way down here and spent a buttload of money to see this is stupid and should feel stupid.

Russellville would be my choice because Hot Springs traffic is bad on any day , can’t imagine the next few days 😖 Hot Springs has many more things to do and drink ,give them that 👍
Russellville meh ..I stay on the other side of the river , plus Pope county is Dry 🥴
Business that serve beer & liquor are few , maybe 5 of them ? But it is wide open and traffic is better than Hot Springs.
Im staying put at my crib Monday , I live across the street from the Arkansas River. I watched the last one from Mt Nebo. Hear they are restricting access to residents and paid guests ,plus Nebo has some tight zig zags that flat landers ain’t used to. 😳

🍻
Pretty sure I read my own license plate at least 3 times going up the last time. BMW+manual tranmisson+that road = One HELL of a fun drive! I'm sure the park rangers would have been pissed if they caught me. Hot Springs has honestly been suspicuiously quiet. Been out out at Echo Canyon (Past Mountain Pine to the Spillway) the last two nights partying with friends and haven't seen hardly anyone coming in. Might be the $399.00/night with a 3 night minimum for an RV space. 🤷‍♂️ And the little campsite at Blakely Damn? 3 RVs.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Almost 1/2 way here in ne fl. Watching through a welding hood

Pretty cool halo in the sky around it We will only get bout 64-65% coverage or so. Thays supposed to be around 3:30 or so here

Well that suc't. I had to take my glasses off to glance at it see it during it's total stage.

Not a total blackout by any stretch. About like a real dark cloud before a thunderstorm.

The birds that were singing have gone quiet.

I imagine they will go hug trees after this and then go worship Biden! I suspect most these motherfuckers are commies out celebrating this. Then they will say there’s no God!

Well, as an "I don't give a fuck." guy all I can say is that was impressive! Glad I got to see it, especially from the comfort of my yard with a beverage. BTW, the temp drop was wild!

Last edited:
I imagine they will go hug trees after this and then go worship Biden! I suspect most these motherfuckers are commies out celebrating this. Then they will say there’s no God!
Some Satan worshipper on Nextdoor said he wanted to invite 'Like minded people' for a gathering during the eclipse to honor the gods.

Eastern NC has some blockage, the sky looks hazy. Nothing an 11 shade welding lens can’t look into

Well, as an "I don't give a fuck." guy all I can say is that was impressive! Glad I got to see it, especially from the comfort of my yard with a beverage. BTW, the temp drop was wild!
Agreed!

I wouldn't have driven hundreds of miles. But as it was right over The Schloss... I loved seeing it!

Sirhr

The sky turned a bit yellow, but that's all I got to see. I was driving the other direction and I wasn't going to bother stopping to look at something I've seen before.
The dog never noticed anything, nor did most of the people driving.

When do all of the Bible prophesies start happening? It’s been over for about an hour and nothing has kicked off yet
I think the locusts gotta hatch out first? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
When do all of the Bible prophesies start happening? It’s been over for about an hour and nothing has kicked off yet
The red heifer awaits. Along with the devil comet.

Reactions: The D
Hmmm… I hope they’re not as bag as love bugs in FL
  • For the first time since 2015 a 13-year brood will emerge in the same year as a 17-year brood.
  • For the first time since 1998 adjacent 13-and 17-year broods will emerge in the same year.
  • For the first time since 1803 Brood XIX and XIII will co-emerge.
  • You will be able to see all seven named periodical cicada species as adults in the same year, which will not happen again until 2037.
And....
More than a trillion cicadas will be coming to the U.S. in an event that has not happened since Thomas Jefferson was U.S. president in 1803.

Gonna be a noisy summer!

• For the first time since 2015 a 13-year brood will emerge in the same year as a 17-year brood.
  • For the first time since 1998 adjacent 13-and 17-year broods will emerge in the same year.
  • For the first time since 1803 Brood XIX and XIII will co-emerge.
  • You will be able to see all seven named periodical cicada species as adults in the same year, which will not happen again until 2037.
And....
More than a trillion cicadas will be coming to the U.S. in an event that has not happened since Thomas Jefferson was U.S. president in 1803.

Gonna be a noisy summer!
So what you are really saying is that we will have less cicadas in the US than illegal aliens.

• Haha
Reactions: nikonNUT
going to class might help.

Heck, if you watched the coverage on Nat Geo or NASA Select, you would think that the Amish were 98 percent of science and were responsible for discovering everytihing from the Zero to Dark Matter. (No pun intended.)

Unobtainable? Black Science Man has billions and billions of stolen Bicycles in his Garage.

Right now NASA is 100 percent about putting Persons of Color and, especially, Muslims front and center. Oh and women. Which is sad, because the 'real' history of NASA has some incredible women who did more-than-incredible things on merit. But now it's such blatant DEI crap that all the 'real' accomplishments of great Americans like Margaret Hamilton, Katherine Johnson, Charles Bolden are totally being crushed because the current crop of DEI hires are pieces of garbage.

NASA was a tough place for minorities in the '60's through the '80's. But the best and the brightest managed to shine through because they were intellectually-tier-one people whose brains made them contributers and noone could deny that.

Fast forward to today and you get complete morons who get all the TV time because they are Brown or have tits or have cut their dicks off...

I watched the %$#@ing coverage of the Eclipse from Burlington on 'one channel' and they had a %$#ing Tranny doing the eclipse coverage. Fucking TRANNY. Not the best scientist. A %$#@ing Tranny.

These retards disgrace the incredible intelleectual contributions of the 'real' NASA and science hero's who, regardless of their Melanin Levels or X-Y Chromo patterns were Genius. And hard-ass workers. And made NASA.

Fuck DEI and science. The best science wins. I don't care if you are a fucking Bund member or a LGBTQRIMZ--BRPPPPPT cock-gobbler with blue hair and a Subaru. IF you do the best science.

But none of them do. They do 'science' to support their racial or political or dick-sucking predilictions. And expect a Nobel Prize.

Ok... THIS is a rant. Some say I can't rant. But I can. If deprived of coffee, beer, honey-roasted nuts and cracklins.

Sirhr

• Sad
Reactions: NoDopes