• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eclipse

I have and it's not worth looking up. Yay, it got kinda dark for a few minutes.... Who cares?

I guess I fail to get all hot and sweaty about celestial events that are happening constantly and we have zero control over.
Yeah, to each his own... I'm a nerd and an amateur astronomer, so I get pretty excited about a total eclipse. I've seen a ton of partial ones, but only one total eclipse. The partial ones don't do it for me other than curiosity. The total one blew me away.

The only thing that would make it worthwhile for me to attempt to look at it would be if there was a pretty decent corona. Most of the time, you don't get one unless you're right on it and are able to capture it as it's happening. If I were certain there would be one, I'd set up a digital camera to record it and then watch the recording, rather than attempt to look directly and damage my eyes.

It's going to happen right over our heads here is SW Arkansas. DOT has stated to expect significant increase in traffic. You can't get to this area without traveling at least 60 miles of 2 lane highways thru the mountains of Arkansas. Roads are already busy, much of it vehicles towing mobile homes. Most local service oriented businesses are closing on Friday thru at least Monday.

We're just gonna sit back and watch the chaos. Having been a firefighter/paramedic, I feel for the first responders, especially having to respond to traffic incidents on these narrow, twisting roads.

Checked out a couple cameras for the trip.
K-r, 1000mm mirror, solar filer, FZ80, UV-IR cut and ND400.
Got a dozen glasses and a couple cell phone filters.
K3II0130B.jpg

K3II0131b.jpg

Supposedly 100k people coming to my small town south of Dallas...

Also supposed to be cloudy all day LOL...

Reactions: mtrmn
Out in the yard @ 1PM for some solar practice.
View attachment 8388411
Well the big dark is upon us. Looks like it will be overcast if not raining at my AO.
The madness is in full swing already. Stores and gas stations are already busy , was a effin zoo getting around town.

First outsider I saw was in an old Saab station wagon straight out of Burning Man.
Bad dirty , a plethora of bumper stickers , shit strapped on top. Cali license tags.
My town is charging $ 20.00 a spot for a place to park on the River bank. 🤨
Porta Pottys and dumpsters all over town. Saw a NASA van at Walmart , panic buying for gas and grub has begun…Wally’s was packed , not a parking spot available.
Quite an economic windfall for such a short even. 🤨
That Said , hope it’s 1/2 as cool as they claim it will be. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the experience ,then clean up their messes they will leave , then go away 😎

I was trying to figure out how to make some xtra money, think I will set up a stand on my porch advertising “ Affordable on sight Pap Smears and Piggy Back Rides” 😜
Some reason my GF doesn’t feel my passion for helping other women out
Have plenty of water , food , Beer , glasses 🤓 !

Best description I heard “this is Solar Burning Man” and every retard has to be there.

The Schloss is right in the Totality. I will have Hmmwv fired up to run over anyone I catch on my fields.

It is going to be a total shitshow all weekend. “look at me… I’m eclipsing.”

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: JIMB3AM
Getting closer…
I may take Monday off just in case stupid people decide to do stupid people shit.

Yeah, to each his own... I'm a nerd and an amateur astronomer, so I get pretty excited about a total eclipse. I've seen a ton of partial ones, but only one total eclipse. The partial ones don't do it for me other than curiosity. The total one blew me away.
I'll be bringing out the refractor for certain. We aren't in the path of totality but it should be 90%

This is half the people in here bitching about the eclipse. 😆

This is half the people in here bitching about the eclipse. 😆

The Ukrainians and the Israelis are teaming up with the Illuminati to get us all outside so they can spray us with Chemtrails they will make us all into Bigfoot so we can eat Zee bugs!

I see it now!

Thank you for this!!!

My eyes are open. I took the red pill!

• Haha
Reactions: earthquake
I'm gonna go to town tomorrow and stock up on groceries and bourbon, just incase the crowds do show up, I'll also fill the tank on the jeep so I can cruise the beach, with the lake 20ft low you can drive for miles without any gates or blocked access , probably end up pulling some stuck fools out of the muddy sand , who knows might even meet my next exwife.hairy armpit hippies need not apply.
Dont discount the hippy broads. You can wash the hippy off, shave them down and fuck it out of them. Once they get the taste of clean water, good food and a man that can do things they snap out of it pretty quick.

I'm at ground zero, the bullseye for the total eclipse. They expect at least a million people to arrive in my rural area. There are No Parking signs everywhere along public and private roads, short term rentals charging $1,500.00 a night... all for less than four minutes of viewing the eclipse.

1500 divided by 240 seconds comes out to $6.25 a second of trying to see the eclipse through shitty glasses.

But wait, there's more. Monday is going to be overcast with a 40% chance of rain and cloud cover and a 70% Tues. of severe weather. That means 1M pissed off mentally-ill people from God knows where are going to be clogging the roads and playing bumper cars in the rain.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Im going to go on with my day like normal.. I dont get the hype, Ive seen it twice before and didnt care. Im sure there will be millions of pics and videos that are way easier to see on my computer. Are people this bored and just need some idea and thing to cling to? If the media says its important or hypes something up, everyone follows. CrAzY. The the whole hoarding toilet paper.... as soon as the media started reporting on it.... BAM!! it set in motion for everyone to go do it.

But wait, there's more. Monday is going to be overcast with a 40% chance of rain and cloud cover and a 70% Tues. of severe weather. That means 1M pissed off mentally-ill people from God knows where are going to be clogging the roads and playing bumper cars in the rain.
Sounds like you've hit the trifecta. Put the cat away and grab your gun. LOL

Sounds like you've hit the trifecta. Put the cat away and grab your gun. LOL
They declared a state of emergency and say to have enough fuel and preps for two weeks? Wtf are these people going to hang around here for two weeks for?

Is it a status symbol for the jetsetters to say they travelled to Machu Picchu to see the eclipse or like the verse in Carly Simon's song 'You're So Vain?' "..."you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun."

Wtf are these people going to hang around here for two weeks for?
Probably because a lot of them will unknowingly paint themselves into a corner with a lack of planning. If that many people are going to be in one place and attempt to egress after the eclipse has passed, it's going to be a complete shit show of stupidity. Horns honking like it's NYC, idling in the traffic jam for hours without having fueled up before they arrived... Cars stalled out blocking the roads out of gas...

All it takes is for just a few of these people to block a road and create the domino effect. Now others who did try to prepare are blocked by the people who didn't, they start getting mad because of the stupid people... You can see the cascade I'm getting at.

It lasts just a few minutes. Stop on the side of some country road out in the middle of nowhere and watch it like I did in 2017 in Kentucky. I had zero problems.

The Ukrainians and the Israelis are teaming up with the Illuminati to get us all outside so they can spray us with Chemtrails they will make us all into Bigfoot so we can eat Zee bugs!

I see it now!

Thank you for this!!!

My eyes are open. I took the red pill!

So if you have ever watched the movie "the day of the triffids" then you will probably never want to look at any "sky type" event again...

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Well, it's Saturday and no crowds in the hood, only a couple of unfamiliar cars driving through the neighborhood, some of us , about 12 , got together for a fish fry , two more days of eclipse apocalypse to go , one of the Karen's in the hood did post on our neighborhood FB page about some goth looking people ,all dressed in black and buecue tattoos at the nearby convenience store (the horror,the horror) but so far a non event around here .but there is that dog in the blue bonnets

Attachments

• 20240401_094807.jpg
    20240401_094807.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Grim's Reapers
Did anyone see the eclipse in totality? I went down to Indiana yesterday and saw my first total eclipse, perfect weather, full 4 minutes. Definitely one of the coolest things I've ever seen, and saw it with my wife and kids.

I understand "not getting the hype" for anyone that's only seen partial eclipses...even seeing 99% but not totality is absolutely NOT the same thing. That's how I was in 2017, walked outside, looked at it with glasses for a few minutes and thought "meh". But now I get why people go crazy for total eclipses, and I'm kinda bummed it's another 20 years til we get one in the US and I'll be 60 years old when that one happens.