• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Efile form 1, some questions

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
Please bear with me as this is my first. Doing the BT APC9 Pro
I have a form 4 in limbo, so I just ordered my FP cards from Silencer Shop.
I just took my own(wife) photo on my phone, so I will download those to laptop
I have an Eforms account with ATF of course(form4)
Overall length-as I understand with brace folded?
Get cover letter, print and send in with FP cards
Reason "investment and all other lawful purposes" ok?

Please advise if I'm missing anything?

Mark

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Have your finger print cards done before you click submit, you only have so many days to get them to them. Also, you can get the cards free from the ATF.

You have 10 business days after your email from BATFE of "submitted in progress" to submit your 2 sets of prints....check your email / junk / bulk mail every day for the "eforms" subject line BATFE response to your application which is often within 24-28 hrs after your successful online application submission.

Your "responsible person" (your passport styled photo) and your receiver photo of the firearm serial number, must be less than 3 mb.
Before you upload the file, click on your photos for "info" and verify file size. Your photo is uploaded under responsible person section, your receiver photo when you are done clicking all the firearm information, "electronic documents".....they are not the same sections and it's confusing.

Make sure you select the correct "firearm" from their pull down mfg. menu, i.e. only the model number that is inscribed on the receiver your are doing.

"Any lawful purpose" suffices for reason to build, don't elaborate further.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 6.40.29 PM.png

Have your finger print cards done before you click submit, you only have so many days to get them to them. Also, you can get the cards free from the ATF.
Silencer Shop has them digitized since I've used the kiosk.

You have 10 business days after your email from BATFE of "submitted in progress" to submit your 2 sets of prints....check your email / junk / bulk mail every day for the "eforms" subject line BATFE response to your application which is often within 24-28 hrs after your successful online application submission.

Your "responsible person" (your passport styled photo) and your receiver photo of the firearm serial number, must be less than 3 mb.
Before you upload the file, click on your photos for "info" and verify file size. Your photo is uploaded under responsible person section, your receiver photo when you are done clicking all the firearm information, "electronic documents".....they are not the same sections and it's confusing.

Make sure you select the correct "firearm" from their pull down mfg. menu, i.e. only the model number that is inscribed on the receiver your are doing.

"Any lawful purpose" suffices for reason to build, don't elaborate further.

View attachment 7803091
I missed the part, when do I upload a pic of the gun sn? Also, isn't the responsible person section for trust?

It is almost the last part of the application form...."Electronic Documents" section but you will be viewing the manufacturing dialogue boxes which are pretty self evident, this is the section where you will define your firearm length, single caliber (no longer "Multi-caliber" acceptance), serial number and upload a photo of the "serialized part", i.e. the receiver with the serial number engravement as well as any other pertinent photos of the receiver to support your firearm fabrication. .......Responsible person for a non-trust individual is entered as "Owner".

It is almost the last part of the application form...."Electronic Documents" section but you will be viewing the manufacturing dialogue boxes which are pretty self evident, this is the section where you will define your firearm length, single caliber (no longer "Multi-caliber" acceptance), serial number and upload a photo of the "serialized part", i.e. the receiver with the serial number engravement as well as any other pertinent photos of the receiver to support your firearm fabrication. .......Responsible person for a non-trust individual is entered as "Owner".
Excellent! thank you, doing this tomorrow as my prints arrive from SS.

Well, it's in! My advice is to make sure you disable pop up blocker prior to starting, that was the hardest part for my dumbass. Now, wait and not jump the gun and do engraving.
Thanks a lot!

One more, any preference for the cover letter and FP cards, paper clip, etc?