• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elberstock,has anyone ever tried one of these stocks.

Spent round

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2013
Western nebraska
in the wold of stocks,does the elberstock have anything that would set themselves apart from the the rest of the industry.Price seems steep but looks are very modern.They claim it doesn't need to be bedded.I have never had any consistency without bedding.just the smallest amount of transport could through everything off enough to go from kill to failed mission.has anyone had experience with this company.

Never heard of ES building stocks, and after a quick google search, can't say I dig the looks of em....

Sent from my galaxy s3 aka the iPhone destroyer

I played with both of them at SHOT this past January and both seemed to be solid units. I also recently played with one again that had a 700 SPS-AAC put in it with no need for bedding and the owner has been happy with the results. Of the two I do prefer the M11 as it is a folder and designed to fit into their Cherrybomb pack.

Was the system heavy,could you tell if vibration would be a problem.I know tapping the rifle in his presence would be uncouth but did you anyway.how solid was the riser.was the stock fairly grippy and ergonomic .please give as much detail as possible.

I'm a chasis fan, but that thing is ugly!

Why do you think it's ugly,too unconventional .what is the most important thing about a stock,useable in all conditions.solid.utmost accurate.do you remember everyone thought new cell phones were ugly at one time.thank you for your opinion.

Why do you think it's ugly,too unconventional .what is the most important thing about a stock,useable in all conditions.solid.utmost accurate.do you remember everyone thought new cell phones were ugly at one time.thank you for your opinion.

No the front half looks good, and I like unconventional. I think it's mainly the slope and thinness, if that's a word, of the butt stock. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems using gear that is not aesthetically pleasing to me, as long as it works good.

It was slightly on the heavy side but not to the point that it would be bad to carry it around for a day or match. As for vibration it didn't seem like there would be any issue at all there, and the riser is rock solid while still having adjustment for comb height and position foreword or rear. The texturing wasn't anything special but it does take standard ar-15 grips which can be stippled and grip tape would easily adhere to the forend if so desired.

Eberlestock makes great packs. The chassis is okay, but they are damn proud of it (notice the price). I would look at a McCree, XLR, or Rock Solid before I even fathomed the Eberle. Rock Solid looks most like the Eberle, IMHO.

Never heard of ES building stocks

Funny, because rifle stocks are what the company was originally based around. They just moved into packs down the road as the GWOT exploded demand.

Funny, because rifle stocks are what the company was originally based around. They just moved into packs down the road as the GWOT exploded demand.

Thank you for that bit of info. I honestly thought their claim to fame was nylon gear, which I know is badass, and which I am also saving pennies up for.

Sent from my galaxy s3 aka the iPhone destroyer

Eberlestock makes great packs. The chassis is okay, but they are damn proud of it (notice the price). I would look at a McCree, XLR, or Rock Solid before I even fathomed the Eberle. Rock Solid looks most like the Eberle, IMHO.

Agreed the price is high considering the market price. IMO, they have put themselves in the ludicrous price level with the likes of Ashbury/Drake. The funny thing is, if you look at an AICS without the skins, the rock solid looks like it as do all the other bare bones chassis out there, they all share very similar lines once all the fat has been trimmed off of the design.

Last edited:
I honestly don't quite get it with the M11 - I think it is a great stock, spent a fair amount of time checking it out at the last shot show. The folder is rock solid, it feels great (to me), it is not overly heavy, in fact it's fairly light for a chassis. I would buy one in a heartbeat if it wasn't twice the price it should be. When they first announced it I thought ok - a grand, maybe 1200 - wrong. I honestly believe they need to work on the program that cuts the damm thing, too many little cuts to make it "look cool". But again, after fondling one for a while, I would buy one in a second if it was ~a grand.

Agreed the price is high considering the market price. IMO, they have put themselves in the ludicrous price level with the likes of Ashbury/Drake. The funny thing is, if you look at an AICS without the skins, the rock solid looks like it as do all the other bare bones chassis out there, they all share very similar lines once all the fat has been trimmed off of the design.

I do agree with you too, sir. And I say that as a proud Ashbury owner. Between the two (I have the Mod 0), there is no comparison. The APO smokes the Eberle and it is a couple hundred bucks cheaper. I wouldn't pay more than 7-800 for the Eberle.

I saw them at SHOT earlier this year and they are very cool and streamlined. I didn't have a change to handle one with a barreled action in it so I cant really comment on weight/balance ect. I think is a interesting design and I like how they are full featured yet minimalist. I already knew the price but there were a lot of people who seemed interested until they found out the MSRP. I'd like for someone on the Hide to take the plunge and review it! I'm sure it's a great stock and it will be just what some folks are looking for.

I played with both of them at SHOT this past January and both seemed to be solid units. I also recently played with one again that had a 700 SPS-AAC put in it with no need for bedding and the owner has been happy with the results. Of the two I do prefer the M11 as it is a folder and designed to fit into their Cherrybomb pack.

I'm in agreement here ^^^. The engineering & ergonomics are well thought out with both Chassis models, and I think there is/was a lot of cost associated with bringing the stock to market.

While I hate to say this online, shelling out close to $2,000 for the M11 is a bit much. I've yet to sell one of their stocks, but imagine the guys who have bitten the bullet to get one are satisfied. Just not a very large market who can justify the investment when there are so many good options out there at 1/2 the cost...