• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

elftmann 3 gun trigger, anyone tried one yet?

bloodsport06

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2012
nebraska
i just came across this trigger and am curious if anyone has got their hands on one yet. i seen a video on youtube and it looks like there is basically no pre travel and the reset is super short.
hope its ok to post the link to the video. i just sold my geissele sd3g to either get a sd-e or the hipertouch 24c, then came across this trigger. very interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZxJFlJaEIY

I wouldn't buy it solely because they brought this abortion to market:
Elftmann Tactical AR-15 DTR Dual Trigger Aluminum Black ELF1001

I wonder if they are ever going to live that down....

We met the rep in our shop about two weeks ago. He brought in several versions of their triggers, and they are pretty nice. I like the 3G trigger. It uses a flat skeletonized trigger. Break and reset are very short and crisp. Very innovative with a bearing system on the hammer and trigger pins.

Tough call between the Hyperfire 24c and the Elfmann. We carry both. We have sold about 50 Hyperfires in the last five months. It's the hot trigger right now with easy adjustability and the most powerful hammer spring of any trigger.

Play with both, go with the one you like.

Interesting. I wonder why there isnt a locking screw on top of the initial set screws like you see in Timneys. Also odd that the hammer and trigger pin holes seem to be oversized. Tightening it down like that would seem to negate any positive effect the ball bearings would give you. I like the skeletonized flat trigger bow though.

In another video I watched the guy said they use nylok screws which arent supposed to back out.
Also I cant really play with both unless I buy both and sell one. Im in nebraska and no where close to where I live has anything aftermarket for ar's. Not that I know of anyways. Have to do most my shopping online.

I saved $55 making the total 204 shipped on the 3 gun trigger. If anyone is interested in buying one go to kickbackcoatings website and enter "trigger" in the coupon code spot. Not sure how long the coupon will last, cant recommend the trigger yet either. Kickbackcoatings seems to be pretty nice to deal with so far. Will update once I get my new trigger.

We have a 3G set up in a display. I've fired it about 100 times. I think it's a nice trigger. You'll like it.

Holy cow, talk about multiple modes of failure. Go with a Hiperfire, you won't be sorry. Takes all of 2-3 minutes to install and is easy to change trigger weights out. I run a 24E and a 24 3G in my guns with no complaints or issues. Just my 2 cents.

Son of a bitch. I kinda want to try one of these out. If for nothing else, just to prove to myself that my SD-3Gs are still the shit. The cash im floating on all this is starting to get stupid. Ill try and get some feedback up on it as well in a few weeks....

Im having problems with mine resetting while dry firing! If I go real slow it does not reset. Ive maxed out the adjustment screw so I'm not to light. I am going to contact them. Not looking good tho.

Sending me a new trigger. Seems like a real nice guy. I will update when I receive the next one. For my troubles hes sending me a set of their anti walk pins and paying for the shipping back. I just hope the next one works. Sucks having my rifle down

Did you try letting the hammer fall through its full motion all the way forward? Ive seen that make a difference on some units when it comes to resetting properly.

Yes it was doing this with the upper attached. Its not adjusting to the proper weight either. With the adjustment screw almost all the way out its still pulling above 3lbs. I should have a new trigger by friday. Hopefully the one I received is defective and its not a common problem

Did you try letting the hammer fall through its full motion all the way forward? Ive seen that make a difference on some units when it comes to resetting properly.

Holy cow, talk about multiple modes of failure. Go with a Hiperfire, you won't be sorry. Takes all of 2-3 minutes to install and is easy to change trigger weights out. I run a 24E and a 24 3G in my guns with no complaints or issues. Just my 2 cents.

as of now im wishing i would have

The problem we have discovered is there is a right way and a wrong way to install them. We also had one that wouldn't reset.

After speaking to the company owner he had us back everything out. Put the trigger in and tighten down the two front screws, then start adjusting the rear screw from there. It worked perfectly after that.

i talked with him on the phone and he decided to just send me a new trigger. heres what i did. took the safety out, placed the trigger in, installed the kns pins, installed the safety, then tightened the two set screws that push against the receiver ( each side a little at a time so it was even). right away i had this happen before i even adjusted the weight. then i slowly adjusted the screw to increase the pull weight to see if that would cure the problem. with the screw all the way down it was not as easy to get it to mess up but that was a 5lb trigger pull. if i lowered it at all it would not reset reliably, also with the screw that adjusts the weight almost all the way backed out, i was still getting over 3lbs, more towards 4lb trigger pull. should have been 2.75lbs.
does it sound like it might have been in the way i installed the trigger? i watched his videos before installing it. i just hope the new one is good to go. i sold my geissele sd3g and got this. so far from what ive felt in the trigger pull and reset. i favor the geissele. but from talking to him it sounds like somehow i received a defective one.
one thing i noticed tho, in his videos when he installed the pins, they were loose and almost wanted to fall out. the kns pins i have were not like that. they were snug. i wonder if that has anything to do with it. i just now thought of that since i was remembering watching his installation videos. hes sending me some anti-walk pins with the new trigger, im going to try them with the trigger i have now and see if that has any effect on how it operates.

Hopefully it works out for you. There are so many good single stages on the market (Hiperfire, CMC, Accuracy Speaks, Timney, JP, POF, Jard, Wilson Combat) that I just don't have the balls to roll the dice on an unknown product.

i talked with him on the phone and he decided to just send me a new trigger. heres what i did. took the safety out, placed the trigger in, installed the kns pins, installed the safety, then tightened the two set screws that push against the receiver ( each side a little at a time so it was even). right away i had this happen before i even adjusted the weight. then i slowly adjusted the screw to increase the pull weight to see if that would cure the problem. with the screw all the way down it was not as easy to get it to mess up but that was a 5lb trigger pull. if i lowered it at all it would not reset reliably, also with the screw that adjusts the weight almost all the way backed out, i was still getting over 3lbs, more towards 4lb trigger pull. should have been 2.75lbs.
does it sound like it might have been in the way i installed the trigger? i watched his videos before installing it. i just hope the new one is good to go. i sold my geissele sd3g and got this. so far from what ive felt in the trigger pull and reset. i favor the geissele. but from talking to him it sounds like somehow i received a defective one.
one thing i noticed tho, in his videos when he installed the pins, they were loose and almost wanted to fall out. the kns pins i have were not like that. they were snug. i wonder if that has anything to do with it. i just now thought of that since i was remembering watching his installation videos. hes sending me some anti-walk pins with the new trigger, im going to try them with the trigger i have now and see if that has any effect on how it operates.

Definitely keep us updated, im curious if you end up liking the ELF more so than your SD3G. I run the SD3G in 4 rifles and would certainly be interested in your feedback. If you end up having the same issues with the new trigger, id mention one thing. It looks like youre using a SanTan lower. I have one also and recently was messing with the take up adjustment screw machined into those lowers to get the SD3G just how i liked it. I would get the same issues youre describing if that adjustment screw was too far into the lower. It pushed up the trigger too much and it had a hard time resetting. Just one more thing to double check if nothing else. GL!

I will keep this post updated. I will check into that. I haven't adjusted that overtravel screw yet, I will back it out some to be on the safe side tho. Thanks for the heads up. The trigger has the potential to be great. Resets very short and virtually no pre travel. I should have the trigger either tomorrow or friday. Ill let you know as soon as I can.
Thanks

Definitely keep us updated, im curious if you end up liking the ELF more so than your SD3G. I run the SD3G in 4 rifles and would certainly be interested in your feedback. If you end up having the same issues with the new trigger, id mention one thing. It looks like youre using a SanTan lower. I have one also and recently was messing with the take up adjustment screw machined into those lowers to get the SD3G just how i liked it. I would get the same issues youre describing if that adjustment screw was too far into the lower. It pushed up the trigger too much and it had a hard time resetting. Just one more thing to double check if nothing else. GL!

Hope you get everything worked out. However, it sounds like it's one of those triggers you're going to have to stay on top of and tweak and re-tweak every so often just to keep it running well. I am not a fan of triggers like that personally as they tend to shit the bed when you need them the most or when you least expect it. I know I am biased but the features you are looking for or hoping that this trigger can provide you with are all found in the Hiperfire 24 3G or the 24C models and there are no set screws to tweak or that can walk on you over time. Even the Geisslle triggers and others mentioned in this thread all are easier to install and maintain. In the end, they are all mouse traps and some are better built than others. Let us know how this pans out for you once you get it tweaked.

received the new trigger, this one is much better but there is one thing and only one thing bothering me. there is some over travel on this one. the first trigger i received had no take up and no over travel, hardly any anyways. i was expecting the same. he did say the new triggers are being cnc machined in a diff shop and the tolerances might be a little diff. im posting a video to show what im talking about. the guys over at elftmann tactical are super nice and have awesome customer service. i was told if im not 100% satisfied i can send the triggers back for a full refund. i received 2 packages of their anti-walk pins with the 2nd trigger. thats a $40 value. im shipping those back as well obviously but that just goes to show they take care of they're customers. the new trigger came to me pulling right about 1.5-2lbs. i adjusted it just above 2lbs and had no problems with the trigger resetting. these triggers are super easy to take apart. would be nice if all triggers were like this. the break is super crisp and the reset is very audible. i have decided to send them back tho, im going to give them some more time to be on the market and see if anything improves. i will probably check back in when i build my sbr. im curious to find out if anyone else has ordered them and if your trigger differs from my experience. i honestly think they have an opportunity to produce one of the best single stage triggers on the market, just needs a little quality control.
ps. i dont make many videos so its not perfect! sorry for the f bomb
well i will work on the video later. i sat here for almost 3 hours uploading it just to be told at the end the file is to large. im going to bed!