• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Elk Hunt 2011

mram10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2010
Idaho
Great year so far. Got this guy on opening morning at 633yds with my 338 Edge. The 300gr smk worked great. It went through the ribs, heart, lungs and stopped inside the hide on the opposite side. I will have to take a picture of the bullet. It did a great job. It surprised me though, that he didn't drop straight down. He walked about 20 ft, like I never hit him and fell down behind some trees. It scared me to death thinking I had missed him at that range, after shooting very consistently at 900yds 2 days before to get ready.

IMAG0159.jpg

Re: Elk Hunt 2011

Thanks Skinney. Not a monster, but a nice mature bull. I wish I had time to film it.

Thanks guys. It was a blast. All that practice and hundreds of rounds throughout the year paid off.

We have 4 freezers with only top racks so I can hang the meat at 40f for 10-14 days. Get a little mold layer and then cut it up
smile.gif

very nice, great long range shot in the vitals

a beautiful animal! Looking forward to using my Edge in a month!

nice! i'm going around dillion mt next year if everything goes as planned. congratulations on a nice animal, and they taste good too!

Nice bull and great shot too. Congrats on your trophy AND full freezer too!

Congratulations on a good bull and a great shot!