• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes EOTech Question

rick983

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
I just got my first EOTech today. Its a XPS3-0 and am a little dissapointed with the quality of the reticle. Its quite fuzzy and not near as sharp as my cheaper sights. I wrote the distributor and they sent me an explanation sheet from EOTech stating thats how a true holographic sight is. Am I being over critical? Thanks in advance.

Re: EOTech Question

The EOTech reticles are grainy by nature. EOTech's outer reticle and tic marks are some characteristics I wish my Aimpoint CompM4 had...better for referencing and CQB conditions, but my Aimpoint is pretty clear when I turn the brightness down to make accurate shots.

I like my eotech much better for accurate shooting than my aimpoint. My aimpoint has the 4moa dot- imo too big. You can really get a precise dot with the eotech when you turn it down. The graininess doesn't bother me at all, but I know what you are talking about

I prefer an aimpoit just for that reason stated by rick983.... fuzzy= no bueno.

The 2 MOA dot on the Aimpoint can be dialed down much more clearer compared to the EOTech's.

I have one of each... I have likes and dislikes about both. I don't like the "tunnel" feel my aim point has for CQB. My EOtec has had the SHIT beaten out of it and it still goes strong.

I like the EOTech over the aimpoint. It gives you close fast big aiming point, fuzzy around the edges but bright and unmissable. I keep mine dialed up for matches and dial it to a dimmer setting for shooting further out. I have shot coyotes out to 140 yards with it dialed down.

If you get a magnifier the sight becomes crystal clear. The holographic sight is made of a series of pixels so it looks a little bit blurry.

also not mentioned, that if you have an astigmatism (sp?)that the EOTech reticle will appear fuzzier than normal, not to sound like an ass, but depending on your age you might need to have your eyesight checked, because we all know that it starts to go down hill the older we get. or if you have a very minor astigmatism it might not bother you from day to day but when looking through your HWS it is more pronounced. sorry for the rambling i've had 4 cups of coffe and nothing to do all morning