• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Eurooptic has KAC PVS30 Army Buyback Grade A, $4700.

Anyone made contact with AADMount to make a lens cap?

About to make the dive here and order one. Question I have a razor gen II 4.5-27x56 the objective lense rides really low on my front rail, not touching. But So low as I can only use thin front lense covers. Will I have any alignment issue with the mount on the 30?

About to make the dive here and order one. Question I have a razor gen II 4.5-27x56 the objective lense rides really low on my front rail, not touching. But So low as I can only use thin front lense covers. Will I have any alignment issue with the mount on the 30?

that will be less than ideal and probably not work. your day optic doesn't necessarily need to be in perfect alignment but the closer to center the better for many reasons including image, you really need 1.5" on center mounts to be lined up for the 30.

that will be less than ideal and probably not work. your day optic doesn't necessarily need to be in perfect alignment but the closer to center the better for many reasons including image, you really need 1.5" on center mounts to be lined up for the 30.
I’m currently running a 1.51” vortex prs rings, on a 20 moa rail, so maybe put it on a 0moa rail. I think the problem is my scope is a 56 mm objective lense where most are 50mm.

What are yall using for illuminators. Mine works pretty good with a full moon but needs some help when there isn't much moonlight. Im not trying to do anything too crazy as far as distance but would like to be able to engage a coyote out to about 600 yards or so.

Is there a good contact to get the power knob replaced with the scalloped version? I wouldn’t mind doing that

night vision depot is the authorized knights service center

Their website does not list the PVS-30 as a unit they service

"Night Vision Devices (NVD) has more than 30 combined years experience in the evaluation and repair of American Made night vision systems. Our highly trained staff can repair and service the following systems: AN/PVS-2, AN/TVS-2, AN/PVS-4, AN/TVS-5, AN/PVS-5A/B/C, M912/915, AN/PVS-7A/B/C/D, AN/PVS-13, AN/PVS-14, AN/PVS-15, AN/PVS-18, AN/PVS-22, and AN/PVS-23, along with their many commercial derivatives."

http://nvdevices.com/parts-service/

If it is otherwise, let us know

Attachments

• D55DB8C7-E9C6-4012-A94D-56FAC71E3A92.jpeg
    D55DB8C7-E9C6-4012-A94D-56FAC71E3A92.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 118
What are yall using for illuminators. Mine works pretty good with a full moon but needs some help when there isn't much moonlight. Im not trying to do anything too crazy as far as distance but would like to be able to engage a coyote out to about 600 yards or so.

Get a peq 2. Some people also recommend the Luna

If you can find a full power PEQ2 or PEQ 15, they are great (got to play with them, now want them). I prefer the smaller size of the 15 though. I am also looking at the Luna and the Steiner SPIR.

Probably need to mount the illumination at 3:00 or 9:00. Between the optic and the pvs-30, you are not going to find much real estate at 12:00 on a 15" handguard.

Got the brown lenscaps in. They look... like you'd expect

View attachment 6930153

Exactly the same as the black one I have, just new. Not shown, but the bottom relief is not so much chewed up as badly molded. The part number does end in "-1" so they are cataloged differently, so that's interesting.

One note... they are not especially well engineered as far as picking the rubber. Maybe this is why they are surplussed? Because, they let light through. Now, not MUCH light. You cannot tell when pointing at something bright or not. But, turn on the power and the eyepiece will glow green, instead of not at all when the black cover is on.

I choose to think this as a feature, not a bug. I like daylight pinholes for full function check (if not zeroing etc), and think this helps to confirm that the system is operating, like the batteries are good, without popping off the cap with it ON during the day.

But, some may worry about that and hate this. For them I say: make it light proof. Add a layer of something (even just lots of black tape) to the back side, where no one can see it.

Boy does the new one make my original look bad now.

Where did you get this witchcraft from?

It was an eBay deal. He sent me two more for some reason, and if anyone is desperate I can surely share at least one for some very minimal cost. Like, rounding up to the nearest dollar for shipping cost minimal.

I'm curious about one. The cover I have on my PVS30 looks different.

You should be. I have rifles that are a bit more out of line than that and they shoot just fine. If you can see through it when it’s powered on it will work. I think the lack of alignment really comes into play when I zoom in - seems to loose image quality easily. Others with more knowledge can chime in, but I’d shoot that all night.

Reactions: Bmoore0062
Anyone make a mount to attach an IR light/Laser on top of the PVS 30, I figure less wash off the barrel/handguard, compared to a rail mount. I know return to zero will be off a bit, but this way you do not need an IR source for each rifle.