• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Exciting scopes coming from Bushnell the ERS & XRS Gen II

ETZoomin - oh fine, I'll buy that. Haha!!!! Thanks a ton for your help and info. It's awesome to have access to the reps on the Hide. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Man now I wished I'd been able to take a look through it now. I saw his rifle sitting on the table outside the office right after we finished up and looked it over. It looked excellent visually, I liked the new turret markings. No one was around it and I wasn't about to pick up someones rifle and start creeping on their scope lol. I'm shooting a gen 1 XRS now and have no complaints with it really but the new glass and the lower profile turrets will be awesome.

Man now I wished I'd been able to take a look through it now. I saw his rifle sitting on the table outside the office right after we finished up and looked it over. It looked excellent visually, I liked the new turret markings. No one was around it and I wasn't about to pick up someones rifle and start creeping on their scope lol. I'm shooting a gen 1 XRS now and have no complaints with it really but the new glass and the lower profile turrets will be awesome.

Yeah i was very impressed. I will definitely own one. You didn't have trouble with the XRS on the KYL stage? That last target in the shade i couldn't make out with the ERS, cause the paint was all taken off.

But yeah i can't wait for the new ERS.

Reactions: ed99
ETZoomin I hate to be "that guy," but I'm gonna be. Can you give any time frames on the XRS? Maybe a, "it will be out in less than three months," or am I just grasping at straws? HAHA!!! I just have a rifle that the 4.5-30 mag range would be perfect for, and was just going to pull the trigger on a Gen 2 3.5-21 when I stumbled upon this post. Couldn't have been better timing for me, but if the XRS is far off, I'll still grab a 3.5-21.

Hopefully we'll hear something official from Bushnell soon FALex, but since the scope hasn't even been announced yet, I would say the most optimistic we could be at expecting this scope to ship would be sometime in the fall and that's if everything falls into place. If you needed a scope for the rifle you mentioned by this summer I would not expect the XRS II by then but we'll hopefully hear soon from Chris with something official from Bushnell.

Reactions: 5RWill
Yeah i was very impressed. I will definitely own one. You didn't have trouble with the XRS on the KYL stage? That last target in the shade i couldn't make out with the ERS, cause the paint was all taken off.

But yeah i can't wait for the new ERS.

We shot the KYL stage fairly early and I can't remember it being too bad in the shade. Now the mirage off the IPSCs out to 1,100 on the stage right next to it sucked real bad lol. Spotting hits was tough on that stage.

Glass is as good or better than ATACR!? :eek:

Supposed to be as good. The ATACR is the only scope of the bunch i've spent the least time behind. As i said though a good friend of mine said he couldn't tell a difference between it and his razor gen II. Of course there was a huge difference between it and my Gen I ERS.

HuntinBuddy80 said:
We shot the KYL stage fairly early and I can't remember it being too bad in the shade. Now the mirage off the IPSCs out to 1,100 on the stage right next to it sucked real bad lol. Spotting hits was tough on that stage.

Yeah i had trouble with both of those. My ERS didn't handle the mirage well on the 1100yd stage or the 550yd reset. I actually shot that 2 shot known distance IPSC stage on 15x all the way out to 900yds. It was a great time though overall. If i hadn't botched two stages i'd have broken top 30 for once. Damn rocks and the pipes...i hate those stages lol.

Hopefully we'll hear something official from Bushnell soon FALex, but since the scope hasn't even been announced yet, I would say the most optimistic we could be at expecting this scope to ship would be sometime in the fall and that's if everything falls into place. If you needed a scope for the rifle you mentioned by this summer I would not expect the XRS II by then but we'll hopefully hear soon from Chris with something official from Bushnell.

Yes sir, I believe you're right. It's just wishful thinking on my behalf. I'm just jacked that there has been so much innovation in the optics world these past several years. Bushnell has really been doing well with keeping pace with their customer base. Big nod goes to Vortex as well, they wrote the book on that shit.

Any idea when they might be for sale? I was about to buy a razor Gen 2 4.5-27, but maybe I will wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subscribed for updates. Ready to get my hands on one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to look at one a few weeks ago. It's the real deal. Think DMR II with sharper feeling turrets and really awesome glass. It doesn't look dark at all at 30 power.

If anyone at Bushnell is listening, I'd love if there was a tree reticle option with .2 mil hashes on the horizontal stadia. I went H59 on my DMR2 just to get them, and wish often for the lower clutter of my old G2 reticle.

Thanks,
Carl

I'd like to see an open center version of the G2 myself. That would pretty much have me sold on it.

Me too! I'm holding off on purchasing something until I see the new offerings. What's the word??

Same... I was just about to order a DMRIIi, but if this is within 500 bucks street price, I think it would be hard to pass up.

That being said if it has Razor GenII glass, its probably going to be 2500ish.

I've not heard anything since either. Waiting on ETZoomin to give us an update or Bushnell to officially announce.

​​​​ scintillatinggridillusion2010G50Ls.jpg

I say skip right to Tremor 5!

Last edited:
A few thoughts while we wait. The original ERS had some features the DMR didn't like 10 MIL/turn turrets and a zero stop. What would differentiate an ERS2 from the DMR2?

Maybe part of the reason for the rebate is to blow out existing inventory prior to release of the Gen 2 stuff. If the only thing that makes it an ERS2 is glass... we'll likely see a drop in the price of the DMR2.

Watching this all with interest.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
That's an interesting take on it. Difference would be locking diopter and glass to my knowledge. That's really about it, but i doubt we see a price drop in the DMR2, if there is, it wont be substantial. I think we're set for the LRTS taking up the 1000-1300$ spot, the DMRII at the 1600$, and then the ERS Gen II at 2000$, XRS Gen II at 2500$. If there is an ERS II.

Either way i'm ready to see some more info on it, it's been nearly 4 months.

My biggest complaint on my ERS is the diopter. I wish it was more like NF if they fix that and keep the price point the same that's a good mid range optic.

My sources say that the color will be gunmetal, msrp is $3290 and it will be available sept 15. The old xrs msrp is $3008

So likely retailing above the 1999$ XRS price. I hope you're right about the release date. Any mention of whether there actually is an ERS gen II? Or is it just the XRS?

longshot2000 said:
A little off topic, but I wonder how this scope from Bushnell would compare to the Burris XRT II ? I don't know either brands, but trying to expand my horizons.

While i've not looked through an XTR II, i'll go ahead and say they're not comparable. Two totally different scopes. One's a budget oriented entry level optic and the other is the soon to be flagship of it's brand. The XRS Gen II has glass that's right there with the Gen II Razor and ATACRs, I can attest to that much. That's not to say the XTR II is bad i just think you're comparing totally different optics. The XRS Gen II is likely to be almost double the price of an XTR II.

Last edited:
No mention of an ers 2, just the xrs 2. If they are on track to drop the xrs2 in September, they will probably spend the next three months filling orders. Highly unlikely an ers 2 will show up this year, if it's even in the works,

No mention of an ers 2, just the xrs 2. If they are on track to drop the xrs2 in September, they will probably spend the next three months filling orders. Highly unlikely an ers 2 will show up this year, if it's even in the works,

I'm starting to think the same. The more i think about the DMR II's mag range and the XRS sitting notable above it makes less sense to actually field an ERS II.

I'm starting to think the same. The more i think about the DMR II's mag range and the XRS sitting notable above it makes less sense to actually field an ERS II.

I was under the impression that the DRM 2 does not have a locking turret. Wouldn't the step up to the ERS2 be the addition of the locking elevation turret feature like it is in the current generation? They dropped the 5mil per rev vs the 10mil per rev difference apparently. The XRS 2 would then be in direct competition to the Vortex gen2 27X and the Atacr and such, while the DMR2 and ERS2 would be updated mid magnification options. Personally, I'm interested to see the ERS2 when it's released.

I was under the impression that the DRM 2 does not have a locking turret. Wouldn't the step up to the ERS2 be the addition of the locking elevation turret feature like it is in the current generation? They dropped the 5mil per rev vs the 10mil per rev difference apparently. The XRS 2 would then be in direct competition to the Vortex gen2 27X and the Atacr and such, while the DMR2 and ERS2 would be updated mid magnification options. Personally, I'm interested to see the ERS2 when it's released.

The locking turrets are technically gone across the board. They're all using the new low profile turrets that were introduced with the DMR II and LRHS. Same thing on the XRS II except with numerical 1/2 Mil indicators instead of just a different sized hash mark.

Ahhh, I was assuming that since the windage turret locked on the DRM2 that the ERS2 would offer both locking turrets. Thanks for the info.

Ahhh, I was assuming that since the windage turret locked on the DRM2 that the ERS2 would offer both locking turrets. Thanks for the info.

It might have a locking windage. I was under the impression the elevation and windage knob were the same. If the DMRII has a locking windage i'm sure the XRS II does as well.

The real question is, what will the Mil/LEO price be? When you can get a Gen 2 Razor 4-27 for $xxx, thats going to be hard to beat.

Last edited: