• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Exciting scopes coming from Bushnell the ERS & XRS Gen II

At $2249 MSRP ya have to wonder if the street price will be $300-$400 less in a few months the same way the XRS fell in price. Irritated a lot of people who purchased early then realized it wasn’t a $2000 scope...

At $2249 MSRP ya have to wonder if the street price will be $300-$400 less in a few months the same way the XRS fell in price. Irritated a lot of people who purchased early then realized it wasn’t a $2000 scope...

No matter how good something is or is supposed to be, never be the first guy on the block to buy anything.

The XRS is a good scope with great reticle and the XRSII seems to be improved, but this offering will be out for some time before I take it seriously. The long range hunter scopes at this time are probably the best scope Bushnell offers. I do have to say that Bushnell is trying to offer a decent package with the average guy’s wallet in mind...

I honestly don't remember the ERS/XRS dropping that quickly. There were some sales every now and then for 1500$ but it was 1999$ for a while.

I'm almost positive that $2250 is MAP on the XRS2, not the MSRP. As long as that's the case, don't expect that price to drop any time soon. Plus I am hearing rumor of something new coming to fill the slot between the DMR2 and XRS2, so there's even less reason for the price to come down.

It would have to be an ERS II if i guessed but i don’t see the point truthfully. DMR II is 1599$ XRS at 2249$. Wouldn’t be against it but i feel like the prices are already pretty close.

It would have to be an ERS II if i guessed but i don’t see the point truthfully. DMR II is 1599$ XRS at 2249$. Wouldn’t be against it but i feel like the prices are already pretty close.

Not an ERS2, but it's going to be a nice option. If what I am hearing is what shakes out, I could see it being very popular for gas gun guys.

Not an ERS2, but it's going to be a nice option. If what I am hearing is what shakes out, I could see it being very popular for gas gun guys.

I'm interested to see what you're talking about. We talking around ED prime glass?

Any updates? Mine should ship tomorrow. Wish I could have kept my XRS 1 to compare them side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got the glass right. I will hopefully have mine next week so I can post pics.

That was December 1st when you posted, are you able to post pics of this mysterious scope? Gas gun friendly with top tier glass, I'm very curious, especially if it's something that could give the EoTech Vudu Super Short 5-25 a run for its money...

Read the whole thread didn’t see this mentioned. Did they retain the same setscrew-less zero they had on the ERS and XRS. I run an switch barrel rifle and being able to rezero the turret that easy is a big deal.

On a side not I have an ERS and absolutely love it. This new XRS seems to adress the weak points of the old ones. If it keeps with Busnells quality it will be an excellent buy.
Interested in getting one even if it will be awhile.

I'm also very interested in this scope. I would love some feed back on it. I can get a PST Gen ii, or this for 600 more, or a Gen ii for another 500 more (so 1100 more than PST Gen ii) (LE discount, don't want to give rates out if not acceptable). Really stuck on which to get....

My apologies for the delay. I received my scope last month and have yet to zero it. Bushnell sent it without an instruction manual. Attached is the draft version I received.

These are photos of my XRS 2 mounted.

View media item 8
View media item 9
View media item 7
Still waiting to get range time to zero it.

Attachments

• EliteTacticalXRS-II ET46305GI ET46305GZ ET46305GZA ET46305Z Instruction Manual.pdf
    798 KB · Views: 153
Anymore from Shotshow on the XRSII? 4.5 -30 x50 is a nice mag range.

I now forget where I saw it, but recently read somewhere about a DMR 'Pro' being introduced with ED glass?
Mis-named or is this actual? If so, a bit sad, considering I just got a DMR2.. ?

I now forget where I saw it, but recently read somewhere about a DMR 'Pro' being introduced with ED glass?
Mis-named or is this actual? If so, a bit sad, considering I just got a DMR2.. ?
It was quoted in the Year of the Ultra Shorts thread -
Vista Outdoor News Release said:
Bushnell’s DMR line of riflescopes are trusted by military, law enforcement and PRS champions – shooters who know every shot counts. The new DMR II Pro Riflescope combines that performance with ED Prime Glass. The best glass Bushnell offers, ED Prime Glass brings out rich color and the finest details, even (and especially) in low light. The DMR II Pro has all the other great features of its predecessor, and remains the only choice when precision is a requirement.

http://news.vistaoutdoor.com/2018-19-01-Bushnell-Announces-Dozens-of-New-Optics-at-SHOT-Show-2018

Reactions: rtpguy
Damn that makes me wonder where the price falls? Also would make sense how there were so many sales going on for the DMRII.

I think it would make things interesting if they dropped the DMR II to 1300$ and put the DMR II pro at 1600$. Though i'm inclined to think 1799$.

Having said that all these new scopes being released from Bushnell i still don't know anyone who actually owns an XRS II nor have i seen a single review of one. Only looked through it briefly and that was nearing a year ago.

Reactions: Nathan11B
Check with or call GA Precision, they have XRS II’s in stock and mounted on rifles in use. At least they did...

I've been looking for some reviews myself. Nothing out there on this yet that I've found either. Would love to hear some personal experiences of it.

I'm in Oz and just placed a deposit on an in stock XRS Gen 2 4.5-30x50 G3 for $1,890 AUD. Which is about $1,500 USD.

To good to pass up on really. I'll let you all know soon how it goes up against a PM2.
Too true man
First time in forever there is a product thats cheaper to Buy in OZ lol ,, thanks to tasco losing the distribution ,i got myself a LRTS 4.5-18 x 44 for the Street Price in the US but in Aussie dollars
I was like Sign me up lol
like the DMR II 3.5-21x50 is cheaper in AUD than there selling for in USD

Too true man
First time in forever there is a product thats cheaper to Buy in OZ lol ,, thanks to tasco losing the distribution ,i got myself a LRTS 4.5-18 x 44 for the Street Price in the US but in Aussie dollars
I was like Sign me up lol
like the DMR II 3.5-21x50 is cheaper in AUD than there selling for in USD

Yeah it's bizarre! I have a LRHS 3-12 which I love, so I figured I should give the XRS 2 a go.

So do you know much more about the Tasco situation? How does it equate to cheap scopes is my question.

Wait so Vista Media Group doesn't own Bushnell anymore or am i misinterpreting this?

I do have my XRS2 in hand,I’m just waiting to get it out in the field.
First impressions are really good though.

I'm contemplating spending the extra $100 AU for the H59 model. I've never used a Horus reticle, but the .2 mil wind holds are really interesting me. And a $100 is still pretty cheap for the Horu premium.

What say you?

I'm in Oz and just placed a deposit on an in stock XRS Gen 2 4.5-30x50 G3 for $1,890 AUD. Which is about $1,500 USD.

To good to pass up on really. I'll let you all know soon how it goes up against a PM2.
Who was this through mate?

Yeh just got my LRTS 4.5-18X44 today , took 4 days from the east coast
Man its nice , great glass cannot wait to get it on the Creedmoor
If your keen on one i would strike whilst the iron is hot , we all know How Nioa loves a good margin lol

And fail pics of the ret

Reactions: Simia Dei
Any opinions on the G3 vs H59? I think the H59 will be more suitable for longer ranges and comps. Is it useable at all below 7 power?

Well I’ll have some more information and pictures to come but here is what I just recieved today finally!
DED61B91-551C-45EE-8A0F-3AB46D07D572.jpeg

Reactions: demolitionman