• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Explain Alex Jones

Dunraven

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
How is he legally libel for denying that a school shooting happened?

When, many denied that 9-11 happened

When, many denied the walk on the moon

When, the left made up the Russia hoax, etc

When there are conspiracy theories out there on any number of topics all the time

I can understand how this could add to the parents' agony, but how does that make Jones legally responsible? Doesn't that come under the 1st amendment?

Last edited:
If oñly Joe Rogan could get away with the shit Alex Jones has.......

Explain Joe Rogan

When there are conspiracy theories out there on any number of topics all the time

I can understand how this could add to the parents' agony, but how does that make Rogan legally responsible? Doesn't that come under the 1st amendment?
What are you referring to?
I know theyre going after Alex Jones because while they rail against cops/judicial system when its convenient, they absolutely are using them as allies against anyone who dares go against the libtard narrative(even attacking their own eg: Tulsi).

Reactions: ken226
Austin...full of commie retards. A jury box full of those people makes the verdict understandable.
So that jury decided that a person is libel for millions in damages because someone's feelings were hurt?!

So that jury decided that a person is libel for millions in damages because someone's feelings were hurt?!
Apparently. Fighting disinformation...they're heros now. Maybe they'll get an interview on The View or Morning Joe.

Civil law is about damages not true or false.

People were able to make a compelling argument his actions caused them harm.

Imagine if you lost your child, then someone with a massive national influence says your child didn't exist, you work for Deep State as an actor and are trying to get guns taken away from everyone.
Then that person's supporters stalk you, make death threats, make it hard to go out in public, or morn your child or have a job.

Alex Jones is a shock jock, he makes money on outrageous claims that motivate sponsors and donors. He knows the law and tries very hard to make as much money as he can by almost crossing the legal limits of the constitution. He went over the line this time and all his delay tactics and lawyers could not save him.

Last edited:
My wife's brother was murdered years ago in a traffic stop. He was a small town Marshall. I can only imagine how it would have affected the family to have a shock jock like Jones claim we were all actors and it never happened but was a hoax designed by the .gov to grab guns.

It took me years to shake the nightmares and other members of the family still have horrid ptsd symptoms and to have it all turned into a hoax?

I guess perspective is everything. Jones has made millions harnessing the families horror and loss by claiming them to be actors....fakes and Co conspirators in a government hoax. It's only fair the families get as rich as Jones on his lies and bullshit.

VooDoo

Civil law is about damages not true or fslse.

Imagine if you lost your child, then someone with a massive national influence says your child didn't exist, you work for Deep State as an actor and are trying to get guns taken away from everyone.
Then that person's supporters stalk you, make death threats, make it hard to go out in public, or morn your child or have a job.

Alex Jones is a shock jock, he makes money on outrageous claims that motivate sponsors and donors. He knows the law and tries very hard to make as much money as he can by almost crossing the legal limits of the constitution. He went over the line this time and all his delay tactics and lawyers could not save him.
I don't agree with the verdict. But let's say this case is the standard by which all others are judged. Wouldn't every commie liberal talk show get sued out of existance?

This was pure politics and nothing more. Commie jurors, activist corrupt judges and propoganda state run media all collided for a circus level festival of bullshit.

Close to $120 million so far this year in payouts to the parent and lawyers.

My wife's brother was murdered years ago in a traffic stop. He was a small town Marshall. I can only imagine how it would have affected the family to have a shock jock like Jones claim we were all actors and it never happened but was a hoax designed by the .gov to grab guns.

It took me years to shake the nightmares and other members of the family still have horrid ptsd symptoms and to have it all turned into a hoax?

I guess perspective is everything. Jones has made millions harnessing the families horror and loss by claiming them to be actors....fakes and Co conspirators in a government hoax. It's only fair the families get as rich as Jones on his lies and bullshit.

VooDoo

You had nightmares?

VooDoo

When the government has lost its credibility by being caught in fuckery red handed.....fast and furious, IRS/Lois Lerner.......yet there is no repercussions, that is how conspiracy thrives.

It has only gotten worse - Las Vegas, yes nothing to see there, we don't know what happened.

Alex Jones is more credible than our government.

I'm sure people will defend Jones here, and probably attack me.

Anyone pro 2A should understand that tin hat conspiracy theorists hurt our image. When the left attacks us it is by showcasing the most outrageous and unpalatable they can find. He has no credibility with most Americans.

Last edited:
Civil law is about damages not true or fslse.

So, if someone's feelings are hurt by the opinions if someone else, they should be financially liable?

I'm amazed you haven't sued most SH members.

I can understand how this could add to the parents' agony, but how does that make Jones legally responsible? Doesn't that come under the 1st amendment?
He is liable because he had a dumbass for an attorney who emailed the wrong texts to the attorney(s) for the plaintiffs. Which left Alex in a position to either cede to the plaintiffs or double down and commit perjury. The 1st amendment allows a person to say what they want, it does not protect from the consequences of what is said; hence the civil suit.

It's not "hurt feelings". Free speech typically has a few well-defined boundaries, with libel and slander being established concepts.

I'm a Jones fan and have been since the early days of GWOT, but publicly stating that the Sandy Hook families lied about their dead kids went too far. Say whatever you want about the government or media involvement in that situation and you're almost certainly OK, but slander the parents of a kid who got shot to death and you're on shaky legal ground. I don't have a problem with that.

Do I think this was worth the $150M sought by the plaintiffs or the $44.5M awarded? No, absolutely not.

As a side note, Jones' lawyer is an idiot for his handling of discovery, and Jones is a monumental idiot for both hiring this guy and for lying about something in court. He of anyone should have known that a lawyer won't ask a question in court to which he doesn't already know the answer.

So, if someone's feelings are hurt by the opinions if someone else, they should be financially liable?

Do you have anyone who can help you with the big words in my post or draw pictures to help you understand my point?

Come on, you are about as far right as anyone here. Drink all the red Kool-aid you want, that was a weak retort.
fb 944kw.jpg

I'm sure people will defend Jones here, and probably attack me.

Anyone pro 2A should understand that that tin hat conspiracy theorists hurt our image. When the left attacks us it is by showcasing the most outrageous and unpalatable they can find. He has no credibility with most Americans.

But he is more credible than our govt.....I'm betting he can define the word "woman".

He is liable because he had a dumbass for an attorney who emailed the wrong texts to the attorney(s) for the plaintiffs. Which left Alex in a position to either cede to the plaintiffs or double down and commit perjury. The 1st amendment allows a person to say what they want, it does not protect from the consequences of what is said; hence the civil suit.

Note that his lawyer didn't just upload "the wrong texts", he apparently transferred the entire contents of Jones' phone.

That thunderous sound you heard was Roger Stone's butthole clenching shut. This sets up an interesting question - has anyone ever received a presidential pardon on two separate occasions? We may find out sometime around January 2029.

I bet there are many others who have spent the last few nights trying to figure out what they might have shared with Jones via SMS over the past several years.

Let this be your regular reminder of "don't share anything electronically that you wouldn't want read by a lawyer in court."

It's not "hurt feelings". Free speech typically has a few well-defined boundaries, with libel and slander being established concepts.

I'm a Jones fan and have been since the early days of GWOT, but publicly stating that the Sandy Hook families lied about their dead kids went too far. Say whatever you want about the government or media involvement in that situation and you're almost certainly OK, but slander the parents of a kid who got shot to death and you're on shaky legal ground. I don't have a problem with that.

Do I think this was worth the $150M sought by the plaintiffs or the $44.5M awarded? No, absolutely not.

As a side note, Jones' lawyer is an idiot for his handling of discovery, and Jones is a monumental idiot for both hiring this guy and for lying about something in court. He of anyone should have known that a lawyer won't ask a question in court to which he doesn't already know the answer.

Why wasn't Harry Reid sued for slander when saying Mittens didn't pay his taxes......even admitted it was BS.

How can you defend truth in an age with no truth?

But he is more credible than our govt.....I'm betting he can define the word "woman".

That's the standard neither for libel & slander nor being confirmed for SC justice.

Why wasn't Harry Reid sued for slander when saying Mittens didn't pay his taxes......even admitted it was BS.

How can you defend truth in an age with no truth?

Oh crap, here goes the whataboutism.

First, Mitt would have needed to sue him, which would have brought on the messy process of discovery which I'm guessing he would not have enjoyed (neither would have Reid, but that would have been a distant secondary concern). Next, Mitt would have needed to convince the judge and jury that he, a public figure, was injured by this libel & slander, and that would have been a steep hill to climb.

I'd like to see this play out in court, without a doubt. But it'd take a squeaky-clean politician to pull it off and we know those are pretty hard to find.

Even better than your example would have been Tulsi suing Clinton for the accusations of being a Russian asset.

Reactions: FWoo45 and 232593
Now we have standards?

Are they universal?

Like literally everything applied by the hands of imperfect humans, nope, they are far from standard.

You going get any better with your trolling attempts this Saturday morning, or did I log off and get on with my day?

This is not about our government, it is about the limits citizens have in harming other citizens.

My right to throw a punch ends before it hits your face.

What is wrong with our government is not the Democrats or Republicans, it is some of the Democrats and some of the Republicans.

Our government has turned into a school playground with a handful of kids fighting while everyone either cheers for one side or stares with morbid curiosity.

We need a couple adults who don't have to like each other, but can break up the fight.
Red Kool-Aid, Blue Kool-Aid, all the same hate filled crap.

Like literally everything applied by the hands of imperfect humans, nope, they are far from standard.

You going get any better with your trolling attempts this Saturday morning, or did I log off and get on with my day?

No ones keeping you here but you.

Take the high road all you want but the fact is the roads have been ruined. Continue to believe it matters, you will be t-boned by someone coming at you 90 degrees from your direction of travel.

Guessing you vote establishment republican and will be shopping for a silver belly open road to be like Dick Cheney.

...and you as about as far left.

Guess I could switch to your party and sue you.
I am a registered Republican but libertarian if you must know. Mostly I believe government should not tell us how to live our lives.

Note that his lawyer didn't just upload "the wrong texts", he apparently transferred the entire contents of Jones' phone.
Noted. I don't follow Alex so I just skimmed through the story I read on yahoo for whatever that was worth. But yeah, Alex's only (slim) hope now is to file suit for incompetent legal counsel, which Alex will still have to pay the current suit until that case goes through should he decide to go that route.

Noted. I don't follow Alex so I just skimmed through the story I read on yahoo for whatever that was worth. But yeah, Alex's only (slim) hope now is to file suit for incompetent legal counsel, which Alex will still have to pay the current suit until that case goes through should he decide to go that route.

Weird how this shit happens....look at all the trouble Hunter is in because someone mistakenly uploaded his IPad.........never mind, just more whataboutism.

I vote nullification for violation of the 14th Amendment unequal application of the law.

We are in a banana republic, truth is subjective.

Retards on both sides are free to retard unless both sides are treated equally.

Jones handed his phone to the prosecution during discovery. His lawyer didn't email anything. It's all a show. There is a professional production company recording and it was approved by the judge. The documentary will be out within the year. Only question.. HBO or Netflix

Jones handed his phone to the prosecution during discovery. His lawyer didn't email anything. It's all a show. There is a professional production company recording and it was approved by the judge. The documentary will be out within the year. Only question.. HBO or Netflix

Truman Show.

We are the unwitting dupes.

Reactions: Average guy

My thoughts exactly. Pretty dangerous Precedent.

Jones was right about sandy hook and other school shootings being used to go after the 2A, just look at the recent assault weapons ban that made it through the house. What was the main subject they harped on ?
Free speech is next on the docket.

This ruling doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t like Jones, but just because your kid was murder and some fat mildly retard guy thinks it was a gov conspiracy doesn’t entitle you to shit.

This country is a dumpster fire... fuck

This ruling doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t like Jones, but just because your kid was murder and some fat mildly retard guy thinks it was a gov conspiracy doesn’t entitle you to shit.

This country is a dumpster fire... fuck
I agree with you,for once. Free speech is absolute. And no, Jones did not communicate slander or defamation. In fact, any employer who rejects an applicant based on what Jones thinks is clearly getting the good weed.

As for political party mine is the keg party. My favorite political candidate back in the day was Frank Zappa because of his campaign slogan, "a troubled man for troubled times."

My religion is frisbeetyrian. When I die, my soul goes up on the roof and you cannot get it down.

I actually told that to a Catholic priest and he gave me an odd look.

Reactions: HD1911
I agree with you,for once. Free speech is absolute. And no, Jones did not communicate slander or defamation. In fact, any employer who rejects an applicant based on what Jones thinks is clearly getting the good weed.

As for political party mine is the keg party. My favorite political candidate back in the day was Frank Zappa because of his campaign slogan, "a troubled man for troubled times."

My religion is frisbeetyrian. When I die, my soul goes up on the roof and you cannot get it down.

Did he have a special gleam in his eye?

I didn't see it mentioned yet, but there was no trial to determine guilt in Austin courts. The judge decided he didn't do enough discovery because he didn't turn over something she wanted, whether it existed or not (some kind of social media analytics is what I've heard) so she rendered a default judgement against him.

They then went to trial for damage totals to be paid.

Zappa you say...

Reactions: Ronws

This is the best explanation of what this trial is about. There is a lot more to it than most people understand. Or can fathom. It certainly opened my eyes. Robert Barnes explains it.