• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory .50 ammo questions.

03humpalot

Private
Minuteman
Gents,
what factory loaded ammo would you recommend for a 34 inch Lilja (1/15 twist) on a McBros single shot action? I intend to reload for it in the future but would like to send some hate downrange when im home next in the mean time.

Ball ammo weight/manufacturer?
AP/API?

Thunder Ammo worth a shit? They have a 750 grain lathe turned projo but im new to .50 so any help would be much appreciated.

Yes i tried the search function but got hundreds of hits on shit that wasnt related to my search. Thanks much in advance.

Re: Factory .50 ammo questions.

Buck:

Later is the mac daddy of ELR stuff...

Roll with this bro & you'll get sorted out well...

keep yer head down bro & be safe...

cheers!

-Wil

Wil,
roger that. Later has helped me not look like a retarded epileptic monkey fucking a football in the past when i started shooting .408. Anything you want me to pass to Fin let me know.

Late,
Buck

For what it is worth, I have used Hunting shack 750 grain A-Max rounds in my State Arms .50 and it shoots very good! Has put 3 rounds in one ragged hole @ 200 yds many times.

The rifle specs are close to yours. Custom Lothar Walther 36" bull barrel ( 1-15" twist ) standard chamber.

There really isn't any that is worth what you pay some is upward of $6 to $10 a pop. You need to invest in some reloading supplies or have someone load for you. Just loaded up 25 rounds the other night and they shot beyond my expectations with AMax and pulled 690AP. I have all .50DTC dies and am putting together some CH4D and Hollywood dies for BMG and will start loading for people within the month.

Later,
its a standard chamber.

The Mechanic,
im in the states maybe 65 days a year,i spend that time drinking whiskey,chasing anything in a skirt,and hunting/shooting/training. When im back stateside full time i will reload for it,right now that isnt an option.

ok...best results on the accuracy thingie from factory/surplus boolits would be them black tipped AP stuff....they are inherently the most accurate because of the tungsten striker under the copper jacket.....its just the way of the world

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok...best results on the accuracy thingie from factory/surplus boolits would be them black tipped AP stuff....they are inherently the most accurate because of the tungsten striker under the copper jacket.....its just the way of the world </div></div>

Roger that,
appreciate the word. Any recommendations on a manufacturer in particular? Dont want to eat a facefull of disentegrated rifle over joe shmoe's gun show reloads if i can avoid it.

+1 On the AP. When I reload and use pulled projo's the 690 AP shoot the best. Just shot this weekend with pulled and sized projo's and I was getting about .7 MOA with 225gr of H50BMG CCI arsenal primers IVI brass with a fireform load! Obviously fireformed topped with AMax should cut that almost by half if I do my part

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">03,
I have had good success with Hunting Shack Ammo and AAA Ammo as well as from Ben listed above by Gopher711.
Thanks and Stay Safe </div></div>

+1 on both 750 A-Max HSM/ Hunting Shack and AAA 750 A-Max Dominator (ask for Romona).

whats up guys about the 50 ammo i have a shit load of hsm 690grn fmj and 50rnds of hornady 750grn soft points i shoot a black arrow five shot bolt action with a vortex vipforer scope and what a combo i paid 200 bucks even for fifty rounds soft point or fmj but i also relode barnes bulletts too for my 50 hope to get in on the conversation (thanks steve)

can you elaborate on what you need to know?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoythunter307</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats up guys about the 50 ammo i have a shit load of hsm 690grn fmj and 50rnds of hornady 750grn soft points i shoot a black arrow five shot bolt action with a vortex vipforer scope and what a combo i paid 200 bucks even for fifty rounds soft point or fmj but i also relode barnes bulletts too for my 50 hope to get in on the conversation (thanks steve)</div></div>