• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Factory Ammo for .223/5.56

Rediculous

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
South Carolina
Lower receiver is at the house and my palmetto state armory kit is on the way. Anyone know the best factory loads for coyote and pig slaying?

Re: Factory Ammo for .223/5.56

My vote would be for the Barnes VorTx or the CorBon DPX. Both have the Barnes TSX bullets. I have an admitted bias for the Barnes bullets from 40 plus years of hunting and 30 plus years of deer and hog processing. Lots of guys like the Hornady Superformance stuff and they would be my second choice.

I am finding more and more that factory ammo is the answer to my hunting needs, and that Hornady has my attention in a very favorable manner.

The V-Max is good and nasty, ballistically.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silentbushmaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hornady has very good line. </div></div>

Greg Langelius * said:
I am finding more and more that factory ammo is the answer to my hunting needs, and that Hornady has my attention in a very favorable manner. [/quote

Why is that Greg?

C_K

I've been plug and playing with JBM calc and it's very consistent with all hornady loads regardless of bullet weight that @ 300yrds they are all around 850 ft/lbs...I'm trying to narrow down at what range i'll still get good expansion.

Hornady ammo, but skip the superformance stuff--total crap in an AR15. Shot like a shotgun out of my 18" SPR rifle length AR, which is typical of other's experience with this load/rifle as well, and they state it should not be used in a carbine length gas system--blown primers is the typical result.

So, skip the superformance but the rest of Hornady's line-up should be good to go.

Settled on the hornady Vmax 55g for the yotes and piglettes...I'll keep a mag of 69g sierra's if bambi sticks his head out, considering my fridge is empty right now.

www.usaammo.com
Go ahead and laugh but this shit is good. Plus you get LC brass to reload with. And they support the Hide as well. Why spend three or four times as much on a name. this ammo is made with top notch components and very consistent lot to lot.