• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes falcon or SS scope

Re: falcon or SS scope

The SS only comes in fixed 10x,16x and 20x.Falcon comes in variable power.I've owned a couple SS and was satisfied for the price point.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falcon

SS is fixed, Falcon is variable, FFP and can be had in Mil/Mil.</div></div>

Yep, got rid of a SS for a Falcon and that was the reason for the switch...

Both are good for the price IMO but to re-say what thay said MIL/MIL and variable power settings were my big factor for sellign my SS and getting a new falcon. RWSnyder is GTG and sightwonders.com are great people to go through for the falcon.

Go falcon if you are set on the two.

ive got both, lovem both. the falcons glass appears to be a bit better, nothin scientific, just readin license plates across the farm. ive got way more rounds on the ss, and trust it fully. need to shoot the falcon more, till ill trust it as well.

Falcons do have a little better glass, SS are good also. Both are not the greatest of scopes but for the money you can't go wrong with them also. Go with the falcon or whatever you can get a good price on that meets what you need it to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wannabe sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thank you thats all I needed to know + I just readthat review on the 4-14 to look and perform as good as a $1000 scope sounds good for me </div></div>

My $.02, I read reviews saying the SS was on par with $850 sights and it would sale for this amount if SWFA did not cut out all the fluff and sell direct. I have a SS 10x and have compared it side by side to sights in the $800 range. In my opinion, it is not an $800 sight in turrets and glass but you do get a lot for the coin. I do not think the SS glass is as bright and crisp as my 30+ year old VXII 3-9 and my SS turrets are mushy and stuck solid at -25F. I tried all the tricks and nothing has improved them much and this sure seems like the norm not the exception hearing from all the SS users with the same issue but it is well worth $300.

I like the simplicity of fixed 10x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wannabe sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thank you thats all I needed to know + I just readthat review on the 4-14 to look and perform as good as a $1000 scope sounds good for me </div></div>

My $.02, I read reviews saying the SS was on par with $850 sights and it would sale for this amount if SWFA did not cut out all the fluff and sell direct. I have a SS 10x and have compared it side by side to sights in the $800 range. In my opinion, it is not an $800 sight in turrets and glass but you do get a lot for the coin. I do not think the SS glass is as bright and crisp as my 30+ year old VXII 3-9 and my SS turrets are mushy and stuck solid at -25F. I tried all the tricks and nothing has improved them much and this sure seems like the norm not the exception hearing from all the SS users with the same issue but it is well worth $300.

I like the simplicity of fixed 10x. </div></div>

I dont own (and probabl never will) an SS but I've spent quite of bit of time behind one. I think this is an honest and truthful post from an SS owner. Of course what do I know, I'm a Leupy fan
smile.gif

okie

I shot with an SS for two years until I could afford a USO. The SS held true and served me very well. If you can afford a USO, get one. There is no better glass. But if $400 is what you can afford, you will be very happy with its perfomance.

PUT'EM IN THE BLACK!

I have used the Falcon 4-14 and the glass is very good for the price. I am thinking about both the SS 10X and the Falcon 4-14 mil/mil, but after reading a little more and thinking about what I will be doing with my rifle, the Falcon seems to be my best bet. Nothing against SS, however.

I think i am going with the falcon 4-14 it will dowhat I want and have the variable power settings which I like. What is mrad? I can get a good deal on one but its mrad and can you switch it to moa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wannabe sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think i am going with the falcon 4-14 it will dowhat I want and have the variable power settings which I like. What is mrad? I can get a good deal on one but its mrad and can you switch it to moa </div></div>

Mrad is mils....short for milliradian. If its a mil reticle, you want mil adjustments.
If you want an moa reticle, get moa adjustments.

I have owned SS in 10x42 and 16x42, and I currently own a Falcon 4-14. I can tell you firsthand that the glass and turrets on the Falcon are better than the SS. Both of the SS I owned came delivered with internal debris, with very mushy turrets and glass that did not compare with other $300 optics. The Falcon, on the other hand, definitely has better glass. The clicks are more positive, but still far from perfect.

Of the two, the Falcon is definitely the better optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMOK CZK U</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like my Falcon Menace in 4 x 14 x 44 just fine... </div></div>
Same here -- especially for the price