• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fav protein shake recipe?

FunkBass2008

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2009
91784 California
Any gourmet protein shake makers out there?

I've been making a PB&J shake that is killer, (as long as you like peanut butter)

1.25 cup milk
1 cup strawberries
1 cup ice
two table spoon claws of peanut butter
2scoops of Whey Vanilla protein powder

Any recipes that you use?

Last edited:
I've never heard of Progenex, I'll have to look it up..

I've also been using Gold Standard w/ no artificial flavors and its pretty bland and kinda nasty with water... But it has almost no sugar and additives.

That looks more like a carb and fat shake than a protein shake.

If i'm making a meal replacement shake I use this blend of proteins as it takes a little longer to digest. Add fat and carbs as needed to suit your macro needs. It digest well and taste great in chocolate/peanutbutter cup.
True Nutrition | Team Skip Protein Formula (1lb)

If i'm drinking a post workout shake I use strait whey isolate with HBCD's makes a for a great recovery shake right after training
Protein : True Nutrition | Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade (1lb)
HBCD's : True Nutrition | Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (1lb)

Another cheaper alternative is to use liquid egg whites as a base rather than mailk , it digest easier , isin't loaded with carbs and is loaded with protein

Skim milk
Banana
Scoop of Peanut Butter
Protein Powder

Blend!

for a post workout, i like to shake a 1 gal. container of choc. milk, then drink some.

Last edited:
1/2 cup of raw oatmeal
2 tablespoons no fat yogurt
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3 scoops of True Nutrition Pea protein powder
3 drops of Stevia sweetner
20 oz Vanilla Almond milk
6 or 8 fresh strawberries
Blend and drink
This is enough for 2 large drinks.
Enjoy

This is my post workout shake, the only time i tend to have any shake that's not ice cream based...

1/2 cup uncooked oats
50g Allmax Isoflex Chocolate
1 banana
1/2cup blueberries
cinnamon
30g raw almond butter
ice coffee....

HEAVEN

Herbalife brand has the best flavors imo. I use the vanilla 24 series in plain rice milk.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Team skip protein powder mix. I use a standard glass blender I will put a spoon full of peanut butter and a frozen banana and fill with ice i will pour milk in and mix. The ice gives it a lot of fluff and water this is my favorite during summer training. Might be a little much but i do this for several people at a time not just me, so break up into your portion.

Every morning I do 4 to 5 ice cubes, 2 scoops @27grams each protein powder, 2 bananas, 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1 cup Acai juice. I have added spinach to it before and still tastes good. I cant really add too much more as the cup gets BIG!

For you guys that like peanut butter, look at PB2 for adding to your shakes. It's a powder peanut butter that I found in my organic food section and my local store. Makes adding peanut butter to a shake easy!

Reactions: Rerun7
I just bought 15lbs of ON chocolate coconut. Tastes great. Doesn't seem like you have a lot of protein in that shake. 15 grams at most?

KISS

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey
Double Chocolate
Water

Best tasting powder I've ever tried.

I use Prosource.net Nytro whey vanilla post workout with bannana, PB and cinnimon. but for a low carb meal replacement I use Fusion pb bannana flavor. the Fusion poweder is a mix of whey and cassin protiens which i get instant whey protien delivery and cassin and all the bcaa's which is a slower digesting to hold me till next feeding.

I'm a huge fan of Muscle Milk. The cookies and cream is by far my favorite, but chocolate is pretty good too. They say to use water, but I mix it with 2% milk.

Currently

in a Lg. Nalgene bottle

2 scoops Vanilla Muscle Milk
1/3 the bottle hot coffee
SHAKE
3 ice cubes
SHAKE
Top off with water or 2% Milk
used to add some sugar but since stopped

Like a cold coffee milk drink when I was a kid back in S.E. Mass.

Interested to hear of MM alternatives also

Last edited:
KISS

Double Chocolate
Water

I just started using the same powder in banana cream flavor and found this a tasty, simple recipe:

- ice
- OJ
- scoop of powder
blend

I use BPI stack - What are your trying to address here? Mass? Strength? Lean? Endurance?

KISS

Double Chocolate
Water

Powder and water.

Doesn't have to taste good for me. I've used unflavored powers in the past.

I like to buy bulk powders to save money and they don't have a bunch of fillers like most of the big brand powders do.

PlantFusion chocolate raspberry is the best tasting protein powder I have ever had, and it is also very good stuff. A lot of the protein powders out there cause cramping, bloating, and other digestive problems because they are not easily digestible. Some people have no problems, but a lot of people do and never think about it being their powder.
I like to add frozen strawberries and coconut milk (don't forget your good fats, body needs them to be efficient) to get some more nutrients.

Raw Meal is also pretty good, but doesn't taste any where as good as the PlantFusion chocolate raspberry.

This time of year- Egg Nog and a scoop of vanilla protein powder!!

Last edited:
1 scoop Synths 6 mochaccino
2 tbsp of dry instant coffee
8oz of Almond Milk
1/4 cup of raw oats
Ice

Enjoy

1 cup skim milk
1 tbs powdered peanut butter
2 tsp powdered coffee
1/2 tsp coconut oil
4 tbs powdered egg white
1/4 cup old fashion rolled oats

For breakfast (omit the coffee for afternoon and recover shakes)

The coconut oil keeps the egg white powder from becoming foam.

I've never tasted a better protein than syntha 6, it's so good by itself nothing needed to make it taste good.

Last edited:
I've used a bunch of different shakes in the past, but I'm pretty sold on Epiq chocolate right now. It's almost all protein (110 calories, 92 from protein IIRC) and the only downside is it's pretty pricey.

Gold Standard whey. It has always tasted good for me, and doesn't fill you up with a bunch of crap.

For a smoothie that replaces a meal I'll mix one scoop (vanilla or cookies and cream) with plain non-fat greek yogurt, a half-cup of oatmeal, some raspberries, and a little non-fat milk. There is still too much sugar in it from the milk to take after 6pm, but otherwise it is pretty damn good.

Been on a 5-2 diet also called the fast diet for almost a year now. Men are allowed 600 cal. per fasting day woman 500. Normal week I'll fast on Monday and Thursday and have a couple of protein shakes one in the morning one that evening. Has worked well for me and is easy to deal with. My standard shake is:
12 oz. Braums milk
34 grams of Nature's Sunshine nutritional shake mix (Smart Meal).
2 tbsp of Nesquick

gives me 25 grams of protein per shake and comes in right at my calorie limit. If you don't go nuts on your eating days, you can pretty much have whatever you want and still loose 1 lb. per week without added exercise.

My every morning shake.

1 scoop gold standard whey
1/2 apple
1/2 cup blueberries
2 strawberries
1 banana
1/2 pint glass of water
1/2 cup organic rolled oats

Hard to beat that for healthy.

Post workout I take 1st phorm fruity loop and meal replacement I take level 1 chocolate coconut. Its pretty good stuff.

I have used all of the above pretty much. I swim a few miles a week, workout, run and road bike/MTN bike every week. I say all this to say I burn through ALOT of calories and I have to really eat right along w/ supplements to keep up the energy and keep the muscles repairing and repairing effectively. I also take caution to take a recovery day and I sometimes will take a week off(usually every 2 months) to drink nothing but water and ingest ZERO supplements. Your diet will always be based upon your goals(mass building, loosing weight, leaning up etc), your age and your current and past health. I have friends I have helped with Dieting that what worked effectively for one did not work for the other.

All the suggestions above to some extend will work, but will it work for you? Meaning will you get out of it what YOU really need? I am almost 39 and I have found we are all so different and each of us process food/supplements so differently.

Alright..alright I fell back off the wagon. Post workout..1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla MTS machine whey, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, ice cubes and blend

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk