• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Favorite 9 mm plinking ammo

IAK

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2005
California
What do you guys like to shoot when practicing/plinking? American Eagle, Fiocchi, CCI Blazer, etc.? Looking for best bang for buck.

Re: Favorite 9 mm plinking ammo

Winchester from Wal-Mart, CCI Blazer "Brass" and Sellier & Bellot,
the latter has proven to be the best all around for me.

Winchester white box from walmart or if I don't want to pick up brass then wolf ammo.

walmart federal red box, 9.47 a box and always in stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys like to shoot when practicing/plinking? American Eagle, Fiocchi, CCI Blazer, etc.? Looking for best bang for buck.</div></div>

Speer Gold Dot or Federal HydraShok

My G17 and M & P like PMC 124 gr. I bought it on Gunbroker. I thought it was made here in the US. This PMC was made in Korea and f**k'n Mexico. But it shoots very well.

+1 for winchester white box, also have had good luck out of georgia arm 9mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CCI Blazer </div></div>

It's fast, consistent, accurate (in my gun), and it used to be cheap.

I have found that basically anything in 124 gr. shoots very well out of 4 different 9mm glocks(2-19's,2-26's).

The cheapest ammo that I can find. It is usually PMC at Academy or Winchester at Walmart. Fortunately, the G19 doesn't care if it is steel, brass, or cheap*ss sh!t; it shoots it all.

Whatever is cheap. I've had zero problems with Blazer Brass, Winchester white box, and the Federal red box.

3.4 of Solo 1000 under a 147 bullet that I sell for cheaper than you will find anywhere else on the Internet.

I load em for less than $150 a thou, and they shoot softer, flatter, and knock steel down better than any shitty factory 115 load.

I bought a bunch of 147gr Winchester winclean for this purpose.......it was anything but "clean". It left my guns dirtier than if they were .22 rimfires.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtm87tx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">walmart federal red box, 9.47 a box and always in stock </div></div>

+1

have tons of federal champion, decent and cheap y not

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you guys like to shoot when practicing/plinking? American Eagle, Fiocchi, CCI Blazer, etc.? Looking for best bang for buck.</div></div>

Speer Gold Dot or Federal HydraShok </div></div>

LOL, he said plinking not HD use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bladesmith2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Winchester Super Unleaded 147 gr. this stuf is very quiet out of my AAC suppressor </div></div>

This by the case for my suppressed 9mm AR. Good ammo, extremely quiet if running it with a can.

i think the federal redbox price is hard to beat...plus it does not seem to be quite as dirty as some of the other low end ammo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AQC440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Winchester from Wal-Mart, CCI Blazer "Brass" and Sellier & Bellot,
the latter has proven to be the best all around for me. </div></div>

Ditto on the Sellier and Bellot, Natchez was having a sale on it.

+1 on winchester white box...took 200 to range today 50 federal red box and 50 remington...mix it up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a bunch of 147gr Winchester winclean for this purpose.......it was anything but "clean". It left my guns dirtier than if they were .22 rimfires. </div></div>

I think the goal is to keep the air clean with lead and mercury free primers and brass coated bulets (Less lead in the air) I do think they advertise this as being cleaner burning. You say it isn't so? I am wondering if they just make more bio-degradable dirt but less toxic dirt with these green primers.

Any more insight on this stuff?

i like usaammo.com's load, works good, and best part is its cheap

Ive always had good luck with Winchester White Box. However now days I roll my own.

Anybody notice the price on the Federal went up a buck a box at Wal-Mart? I actually think this is just Wal-Mart figuring out people will still pay $10.47 so why not charge it. They still had 100 packs of WWB 15fmj for $23 and change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3.4 of Solo 1000 under a 147 bullet that I sell for cheaper than you will find anywhere else on the Internet.

I load em for less than $150 a thou, and they shoot softer, flatter, and knock steel down better than any shitty factory 115 load. </div></div>

Beat me to it. I use 124 or 147 FMJ's for jacketed guys and 147 cast for the really cheap suppressed ammo.

I used to buy Winchester white box. Lately federals are less expensive.

My gun guy told me he can get my 1000 rounds of USA ammo for 180 bux so thats probable going to be my new favorite.