• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Favorite IWB holster?

I have been using tacti-pac for a while. Extremely comfortable for all day wear.

Just got a new duty weapon, and since tacti-pac takes 3 months, I ordered a “bravobelt” belly band. I carried a full size glock with two spare mags all day in very tight quarters seating. No issues at all.

The tactipac has neoprene large enough that the grip/stippling can’t touch your skin. This is awesome as I used to wear an undershirt for this reason and don’t have to if I don’t want.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Anything made by Tim Thurner

When I carried a CZ P-01 with iron sights I used this when I needed to have the gun on all day long:

1605699087091.png

I'll be putting it up in the PX soon since I don't have that gun and it fits nothing else. Mine is cordovan in color.

The Stealth Gear arrived a few days ago. I've worn it a couple times and while it's a really nice holster, not working with at least one pair of pants will try some others. I keep finding myself coming back to the $34 BraDec.

Pistols with reflex sights are the future and the future is now. Leather holster makers need to get with the program.

I could not find an IWB holster that I liked, so I started sewing my own. Part of it is that I appendix carry and the other part is I'm too poor to churn through nice holsters to find what I want.

Hidden Hybrid for me. Used to carry with a variety of leather holsters but the Hidden Hybrids are just so dam comfortable and well made. Love the suede backing.

Milt Sparks, TT Gun Leather or 5 Shot for IWB. Kydex is not comfortable for a iwb holster. Carried a G19/17/22 for over 15yrs in a sparks vm2 full time for some long days. When I retired I bought a G48 and tried a TT IWB and it’s just as well made, comfortable and concealable as sparks.

My favorite IWB holster was a G-code Incog that I had for a G43 a years ago but unfortunately they don’t make any holsters for the combos I’ve been carrying.

I recently switched from carrying a USP9C to a P365XL and I’ve been carrying it in a Divito’s custom holster and it’s a very well make holster, just not quite as comfy as the G-code was. I have one for an M18 too and it’s also well done. I needed a couple new holsters for some new setups and McKinatec seems to be pretty highly regarded so I ended up ordering 3 of them including one for the same P365XL setup to compare it to the Divito.

I’ll necromance this thread.

I’ve got a P229 and out of all the companies and recommendations that have been made here, not many options for this model.

I’ve got a Tier 1 Agis that came with the pistol and I’ve been hesitant to try it out because it’s fucking huge and I’m not that big of a guy.

Have to run some errands today but im going to give it a shot and see what happens.

Normally, I carry a P238 with a sticky holster and throw it in a front pocket.

The problem with a pocket holster is a lot of Jean manufacturers are making pockets smaller and smaller.

I’ve got one pair and the pockets are so small, the butt damn near sticks out of the top of the pocket.

WTF?

If I’m going to switch to IWB, I’d like to start carrying something capable of holding more than 8 rounds.

Thanks to those that have contributed here as when searching for IWB holsters, not all these companies show up in the results.

41r5hRGS3.jpg

Tier 1 Xyphos: Make AIWB comfortable and ultra concealable again

Comptac mtac is good. Kydex and leather. The Kydex is changeable if you change guns. Had one since 08. Don't use regularly but still good.

I’m a AIWB guy these days. Big fan of JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 and Tenicor’s Velo4 (both with DC Clips) so far. I tried a sidecar style and didn’t like having the holster and mag tied together as I felt it gave me less flexibility with positioning of the holster.

Reactions: SmolPP
Love how brand new some these “carry” guns look. 🤣

Anyhow, large leather footprint gets hot in the South, and I personally can’t live with the eventually poor retention of hydrid designs. Milt Sparks SS II for leather, and JM Custom Kydex.

Werks M6 for AIWB. Carry a P365 XL with holosun 507k everyday for work. Only holster I’ve found that works for me appendix carry.

Another vote for RCS VG2. Once I went minimalist I can't go back

Attachments

• IMG_2990.jpg
    IMG_2990.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 40
I’m a AIWB guy these days. Big fan of JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.0 and Tenicor’s Velo4 (both with DC Clips) so far. I tried a sidecar style and didn’t like having the holster and mag tied together as I felt it gave me less flexibility with positioning of the holster.
I have a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 with a DCC monoblock and a Velo4 with snap loops and hate them.

Holsters with a single attachment point or with two of them very close together suck for me. They shift, they print, and they never lay correctly.

Reactions: Basher
I have a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 with a DCC monoblock and a Velo4 with snap loops and hate them.

Holsters with a single attachment point or with two of them very close together suck for me. They shift, they print, and they never lay correctly.

That’s why I run the Wing Claw 2.0 with DCs for my bigger/heavier pistols. The DC clips are farther apart, so they distribute the weight and stabilize the gun better.

The only Velo4 I have is for my G48, which is light enough that it does a fine job. The clips are also far enough apart (it uses two separate DC clips, not a DC Monoblock) that it still stabilizes things, and the clips themselves grab my belt firmly so there’s no chance of movement. I’ll concede that it doesn’t ride as close as the JMCK Wing 2.0 does, but it hides fine. But I do still have a JMCK Wing 2.0 for the G48, it just has the plastic clips and no wedge, so I wanted to try the Velo to see if the wedge helps (it does). I’ll be buying wedges for all my JMCK gear shortly.

That’s why I run the Wing Claw 2.0 with DCs for my bigger/heavier pistols. The DC clips are farther apart, so they distribute the weight and stabilize the gun better.

The only Velo4 I have is for my G48, which is light enough that it does a fine job. The clips are also far enough apart (it uses two separate DC clips, not a DC Monoblock) that it still stabilizes things, and the clips themselves grab my belt firmly so there’s no chance of movement. I’ll concede that it doesn’t ride as close as the JMCK Wing 2.0 does, but it hides fine. But I do still have a JMCK Wing 2.0 for the G48, it just has the plastic clips and no wedge, so I wanted to try the Velo to see if the wedge helps (it does). I’ll be buying wedges for all my JMCK gear shortly.

For me the answer is the Tier 1 Xyphos. The clips are a phenomenal design with height adjustment range and increments that are superior to anything else. The clips are far apart enough that the holster will not shift no matter how heavy/large a pistol I carry or how I move. On top of that the claw is height adjustable, has four thickness adjustments, and the claw screws are independent of the holster tension screw. I can conceal a P-09 under a t shirt without issues. I can get a full firing grip on the gun and I never scrape my knuckles on my belt on the draw.

Reactions: Basher
I greatly prefer leather, for IWB. Over the years, I’ve amassed a decent collection, which is constantly changing. One I like the most and that gets a large amount of use is my TT with elephant. Here it is with my G27.3:

BB4BF43B-6906-406B-BEE0-ADCAA9FFB7E4.jpeg

When I carry my 442, it’s usually in a DeSantis Nemesis or so NetInfos, a Brigade:

422074E3-90CA-4E27-BD4E-389E8E5C534B.png

50A5BE3D-7D3F-461D-B483-195FD01B9410.jpeg

Here are a few others:

9A19F208-9057-45B0-8392-5CE95ACBF405.jpeg

I’ve got a P229 and out of all the companies and recommendations that have been made here, not many options for this model.

I’ve got a Tier 1 Agis that came with the pistol and I’ve been hesitant to try it out because it’s fucking huge and I’m not that big of a guy.

Have to run some errands today but im going to give it a shot and see what happens.

Normally, I carry a P238 with a sticky holster and throw it in a front pocket.

The problem with a pocket holster is a lot of Jean manufacturers are making pockets smaller and smaller.

I’ve got one pair and the pockets are so small, the butt damn near sticks out of the top of the pocket.

WTF?

If I’m going to switch to IWB, I’d like to start carrying something capable of holding more than 8 rounds.

Thanks to those that have contributed here as when searching for IWB holsters, not all these companies show up in the results.

A52957D3-E153-4BC2-BE8D-8B49DDC90973.jpeg
0FDF8AAA-3F1D-4B01-B3DC-E2E2522DE62E.jpeg

Palmetto Leather has done well for me with my P229.

Palmetto Leather has done well for me with my P229.

For reference, here is my Sig 226R in a Milt Sparks VMII.

82B059E3-A036-4B1D-82E8-639465435FF0.jpeg

If you like premium leather, some other brands are:

TT Gunleather
Nightengale Leather
Privateer Gunleather
Exodus Gun Leather
Tucker Gunleather, Locked & Loaded, and Tucker & Byrd(under three different “business partnerships)
Ritchie Leather Works
5Shot
Bulman Leather

and a few others I can’t think of, right now.

If you find a Brigade, they are very nice, but Troy hasn’t put out new work in a while.

Leather for show Kydex for go