• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Favorite Potato Chips- Lets hear your favorite....

mrlhunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2006
North, Tx
I have to confess, I am a Potato Chip Junkie. Love them, and after reading the favorite beer thread, it got me thinking about chips.

My favorites are Boulder Canyon Original Plain, Dirty Chips Plain, and Hawaiin BBQ chips. The first two are available at Whole Foods, the third at World Market. Any local favorites you want to add as I am always on the lookout for a better one?

Re: Favorite Potato Chips- Lets hear your favorite....

I like Wise....its hard to find them in Vegas.....

I used to work for Frito Lay in one of their warehouses loading trucks in high school. Talk about the easiest way to get burnt out on chips all together. Its been 8-9 years since then and I am just getting back into the chips aisle at the grocery store. But my favorite is the Doritos Spicy Nacho.

cape cod are very good too, salt and vinegar are good but the vinegar kills me in the nose

UTZ................ no sense in going any further with this.

LOL> The Crab Season and BBQ are so great.

Martin's Bar-B-que waffle, I live in Utz backyard, but these are amazing, Utz crab chips are something to try before you die too.
Martin's are served on Air Force One.

Like the two above

Martin’s Kettle Cook’d are Awesome!

For a lighter chip Gibbles.

Washed down with a Yuengling!

Walt

Lay's BBQ man here. Nothing fancy, but gooood! Salt and Vinegar on occasion.

I agree any of the local PA chips are top shelf, screw Lay's

I love the sea salt and cracked pepper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like Wise....its hard to find them in Vegas..... </div></div>

As you said, Wise. There are two bags in the cabinet now. They MAY last three days at best. The nice part for me is that no matter how many chips or how much ice cream I eat, I don't gain any weight.

Mike Sells make great chips. It is a Ohio based company.

Screw the store bought chips. My wife slices the 'taters thin and fries them crisp and golden brown. I love 'em.

Cape Cod, Kettle Cooked Sweet & Spicy Jalepeno chips. they are amazing!

Poore Brothers Salt and Vinegar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rokbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lays carolina spicy BBQ. </div></div>

+1

BUT also Zapps "VooDoo"

I can't remember the name, but they are the ones in Hiwwaaiiaa that are cooked in pig fat.

Ohio's finest...

Grippo's BBQ, Golden Krisps, and Correll's!

Meijer's Kettle Jalapeno ! You can't eat just one. It is 6 miles from store to home, I have a hard time controling myself to not eat the whole 12 oz. bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pringles sour cream and onion. </div></div>

Pringles only in the Dill Pickle flavor.

thanks for the suggestions, I have ordered 4 ones recommended here to try.

thanks all

Mitchell

Tim's Cascade-Jalapeno

If i am hunting or fishing these chips and beef jerky are always in the truck or boat.

Golden Flake Sweet Heat Potato Chips

Gonna have to say a tie between Zapps jalapeño and their Cajun crawtators.

My Ohio favorit: Ballrich's BBQ

Bob's Jalapeno flavor chips found in south Texas.

Nacho Cheese Doritos=Greatest. Chip. Ever.

I also like Dakota style jalapeno chips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cnwrobb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
http://www.kitchencooked.net/store-item/original-potato-chips

It's an Illinois thing. This company has been kettle cooking potatoe chips since 1930. It has extremely small distribution mostly west central Illinois, but can be ordered and shipped online. Once you try 'em, you just gotta have more. </div></div>

+1 on kitchen cooked !!!! Can't get em over here, but I have friends that bring me some from time to time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roadwild17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zapps the voodoo are a mix of everything, but are strong salt and vinegar. The crawtators are my favorite though. Cajun chips at its best </div></div>

Zapps are great, and I really do not like to eat a lot of chips, but I love Zapps.