• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Favorite Scope Poll

Re: Favorite Scope Poll

i dont know, for me, i have used muellers on two rifles now, and loved them. before the latest one i had a very tough simmons 44mag, but it died

I have old MK4s , M1 & M3s , fixed power , Premier 3-15x50 & S&B PMII 4-16x50 mil/mil P4F lit .

At the lower price point a fixed power MK4 second hand is virtually impossible to beat( but it does not have any where the features of the current Tac scopes etc .

I donot like the fact the NXS F1 has a 5 mil turn turret ( I think they dropped the ball on that one ) .

Street price on the F1 , Premier & PMIIs are with in a few hundred dollars of each other , so you should choose the one that has the best feature set ( and for me its the 4-16x50 PMII ST , by a long way ) .

I would like it IF they also made a DT 4-16x50 PMII , as that would be Nice option for a 300WM or 338LM rifle .

Quite simply , nothing really approaches the PMII as far as I am concerned in reguards to the overall feature set .

I would like Zeiss to update its reticle & E knob from what they offer at the moment ( some of that is not really being that familar with How they adjust/set etc ) , I would still like a ST version .

Later Chris

I suppose everyone understands the original quesiton slightly differently, which effects the answer.

If the question was what I thought was the best scope out there, my answer would be different. As is the question is about my "favourite" scope. To me a "favourite" scope or scope line is the one that I trust to work well, offer enough versatility for most uses and be sufficiently affordable to keep me from getting kicked out of the house by my wife.

With that in mind, I voted for the Super Sniper. I have three Super Snipers: original 10x42, new 3-9x42 and new 10x42HD. All three work beautifully and cover almost any type of usage I might have for them. They do all that without breaking the bank.

I suspect that new Vortex PST scopes will occupy the same niche as the new Super Snipers do, but they are not available yet.

ILya

If I had the money available to get whatever I wanted, it would be a Nightforce NXS 5.5x22-50MM again. It had every single feature that I wanted, the size, the style, the reliability!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What were these "other" pieces of glass people picked? </div></div>
My favorite is the Unertl 10x USMC Sniper/MST-100. I like the way mine works. It is very clear and bright and I'd bet a good bottle of scotch that if you took the glass out of some other big tube {30-34mm} scopes and put them in a 1 inch tube they might not be as good as the Unertl. I have often heard it refered to as "the holy grail of scopes" not just because it's so tough or because it is effective but for 30 some odd years the only way to look thru one was to be a Marine and be a helluva shot among other arguably high qualifications{FBI/HRT.} There are several guns that have that profile that set them apart and are easily recognizable, the Luger, the 1911, Colt Peacemaker's, M1 Garand's, Lefever shotguns. There are many other better scopes out there for many reasons but this is the only scope to me that has it like that. I'd venture to say that many years from now when somebody writes a book about scopes some of the flash in the pan wonders we all rave about today might not be mentioned but you can believe the Unertl will have its place.

USO,as good or better than most and customer service that is OFF THE CHAIN!!!