• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fellow Savage Shooters need feedback

Re: Fellow Savage Shooters need feedback

Stangfish-I did understand head space-I just didnt understand what they were saying about how to set up the press, but thanks.

I understand it gets frustrating. In your post you were not indicating that you understood that a case that is larger than the chamber would not fit. Like it was Savage's fault or something. Just me but I try to not come accross as an expert on a forum becuase you will likely run accross someone who is. Enough of that. Sounds like you got things going now and that is a good thing. Good luck and have a great new year.

No I thought that my headspace on my rifle was smaller than my full length sizing die that's all. Thank and have a happy New Year. And the only thing Im an expert in is wasting time.;0)

Glad it worked out...

Now go kill some dogs
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: acloco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are actually better off buying a set of shell holders from Redding - height is different.

...or...

Instead of modifying your die, just take a thousandths or two off of the top of the shell holder. You are accomplishing the same thing.

$6 shell holder is a lot cheaper than a sizing die.</div></div>

+1