• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fighting the AI

You clearly don't compete. Sample size of 1. I live shoot and compete in the highest density of AI shooters in the world.

They are poser guns, unless your agency buys one.
8C036570-2277-4692-B898-3729925CCEBB.jpeg

I guess DickMountee had his internet taken away. Sigh.

Come on buddy, come tell us how badass you are with your ZCO/Impact/years of precision shooting. I know you want to.

I guess DickMountee had his internet taken away. Sigh.

Come on buddy, come tell us how badass you are with your ZCO/Impact/years of precision shooting. I know you want to.
He'll lie low after his usual douchebaggery then pop up again to shit or spread false info in a new thread (remember when he claimed that AI barrels cost more to chamber?) Apparently a group of AIs raped him as a youth and he has never gotten over it.

Man this is golden thread to read through.

These heathens said I would regret selling my AXSA couple years ago… and I do… but I’ll get into an AXSR sooner rather than later when they release it in sage green eventually.

Love my customs and DT though! Like @BurtG said… everyone needs some customs, DT, and an AI!!… I’m working on that AI part again.
View attachment 8145252View attachment 8145254
Those rifles are Hot. !

He'll be back. Maybe not in this thread but he's got a habit of being a walking erection...give it time
He'll be back. Damn it, I just heard Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice. "I'll be back."

However, he has changed. In the newest streaming show, a version of "True Lies" where it is his daughter who is the surprise spy, he changes up a line.

"Everybody! Get in the van!"

Back towards the topic: I am in the same boat. Aesthetically; nothing looks as good to me as an AI receiver and bolt. I'm not much of a chassis guy though.

Honestly, I do want one. I just don't know how well it would fit my firing hand...and there lies a big conundrum for me. I know that the AT-X looks like it is similar to the ARs I have regarding reach...but I just consider those "liveable", rather than ideal. I'm a sucker for the distance between the grip and trigger on the old McM A4 (or similar...I had a Manners T4 and liked it too), as that just feels natural for me.

So I'm stuck with the daily struggle of nearly buying an AI, and then 30 minutes later I'm spec'ing out a Terminus Zeus (or similar design) build in a stock that I know fits me.

If I were closer to events, I'd just hang out at one and politely ask dudes if I could get behind their rifles for a few minutes...but as far away as I am from everything, I'm forced to experience everything vicariously through anecdotes and name calling.

However, there are a few here that have gone back and forth between systems, and their experiences are worth reading.

Back towards the topic: I am in the same boat. Aesthetically; nothing looks as good to me as an AI receiver and bolt. I'm not much of a chassis guy though.

Honestly, I do want one. I just don't know how well it would fit my firing hand...and there lies a big conundrum for me. I know that the AT-X looks like it is similar to the ARs I have regarding reach...but I just consider those "liveable", rather than ideal. I'm a sucker for the distance between the grip and trigger on the old McM A4 (or similar...I had a Manners T4 and liked it too), as that just feels natural for me.

So I'm stuck with the daily struggle of nearly buying an AI, and then 30 minutes later I'm spec'ing out a Terminus Zeus (or similar design) build in a stock that I know fits me.

If I were closer to events, I'd just hang out at one and politely ask dudes if I could get behind their rifles for a few minutes...but as far away as I am from everything, I'm forced to experience everything vicariously through anecdotes and name calling.

However, there are a few here that have gone back and forth between systems, and their experiences are worth reading.

The only real way to know for sure is to get your hands on one.

AI's seem to keep their value really well, so if you don't get along with it or it's not to your preference, it shouldn't be too difficult to recoup most of your money.

Idk where you are, but I bought my AT and never held an AI. It was a big whim but I knew it’s what I wanted for a long time and played out perfectly.

I did put the thumbhole stock on mine and love the ergos even more.

If you can, call the guys at Mile High or Eurooptic. I did before I bought mine, and it helped ease the initial cost.

Or if your close enough, go to one of the other two place’s mentioned, or maybe there’s another Hide member close by with an AI that can let you handle one?

YMMV, but my AT is never leaving and I may one day have an AT-X or AXMC

With my kids and I the quick adjustability of the chassis make it easy for me to shoot with them. We all take turns or I'll bring a spare for them to play with.

I thought I was going to use the quick change feature more then I have. Some may disagree if they change barrels more often. But ended up not being a huge benefit like I thought. This doesn't apply to my large frame AXSR. I change that one quite often.

I did sell a TRG22 in 308win to get my AXSA. I miss that gun and will probably buy another some day, but I prefer the adjustability and the magazine is easier to load. Take it for what it's worth.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Hey now…PB is pretty nice and it is all I could get in a LH AXMC…doesn’t mean I’m gay though I am thinking of getting it cerakoted soon
I’m not judging. I’m also not not judging. 🥰

You lefties didn’t have much to chose from so it’s excusable.

Back on track… OP…

They aren’t perfect systems (no such thing) but they are awesome systems. Definitely not a regrettable purchase…even though my wife might have a differing opinion.

I did think I was going to regret getting the AXSR over the ATX/AXSA (because of the bolt throw and whole thing of me using it 90% SA and 10% LA) but I don’t notice the extra throw length. It balances really nice and isn’t a bitch to lug around…until I pop my 2005-era 2 pound AAC 762SDN6 on it (with the ECCO SF Warden mod).

I purchased blind from MH as I never had a chance to put hands on the AXSR. I’ve shot AXSAs, ATs, and AXMCs so I knew I liked em, I just didn’t know if I was going to like the new grip style and that it wasn’t bonded. Zero worries about any of that since actually getting it and being over 1k rds into it across three calibers.

View attachment 8145885

I dunno if the red or blue AI colors are gayer than the PB or FDE…but I do know that they hang out after work together at the Blue Oyster.

View attachment 8145886
Hey now, I think the blue actually looks pretty cool on a toy gun.

Does it make me gay to like the blue? I don’t do concrete either, and I don’t have any bow kills. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I am generally a happy fella, so now I’m worried! 🤣

@DeathBeforeDismount after reading his official prs scores published on the hide....

I had it out with him in another thread where he made his typical asshole response to someone who made a comment. I also said usually someone who beaks off the most usually knows the least which seems appropriate in this case. Typical bully syndrome.

I sold a lot to get my AIAT (guns and other). Ended up selling it later and now have no centerfire bolt rifles. That said its a good decision to sell off lesser rifles and buy one nice rifle. You can only shoot one at a time anyways. I’d happily buy another if I could justify it.

Note: this applies to any high end gun purchases and is not exclusive to AIs.

1684695762690.gif

To be fair there is a reasonable way to say you prefer a custom rifle vs an AI. Just don’t be a massive douche nozzle about it. But to talk about being a badass competitive shooter constantly and incessantly even when others are not asking about comp rifles is a huge invite to be slapped down.

Definitely in need of upping the concrete, bench press, and bow kill numbers before any credibility can be expected…

I sold a lot to get my AIAT (guns and other). Ended up selling it later and now have no centerfire bolt rifles. That said its a good decision to sell off lesser rifles and buy one nice rifle. You can only shoot one at a time anyways. I’d happily buy another if I could justify it.

Note: this applies to any high end gun purchases and is not exclusive to AIs.
1684696123667.gif

The worst part is that this shit will follow him off the web and into the real world. Old "Mr. 354" isn't going to catch a break in any of 'his' elite competitive circles.

I'd almost feel bad, but when you enjoy publicly shitting on everyone around you with a difference of opinion, claim superiority without proof, and make sport out of a misfortune (e.g. equipment failure)...you set yourself up for a lot of remembering.

He would be pretty dumb to come back after this.

Hey DM, your obviously watching. And crying in a corner for getting outed. That’s called karma, but you seem to dense and it won’t be long now before you come back and try it again. (Your other accounts won’t save you either).

We’ll be waiting….

Reactions: Milf Dots and RRW
I don't know if I would show my face in any thread claiming to be a knowitall when in reality, you are ranked 354. You know someone is going throw that in his face every single time he post now. lol.
Even if you’re ranked #1, the best there ever was, wake up and piss excellence. You don’t need to be a cunt about it.

Opinions are like assholes, as this question has proven. Jeez there’s some salty f$@Kers on this site. I have an ATX….i didnt get it to pose….just have always wanted this brand and could finally afford it. Great rifles!