• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finished up my 9mm SBR

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Finally finished this guy up, sure is a fun little gun to shoot. Quite a bit more recoil than I was expecting out of a little 9mm, even with the heavy buffer. The gun has run completely flawlessly for probably 300 rounds (200 supersonic, 50 124gn subsonic handloads). Still cant decide if I want to get a handguard that will fit the can inside or not, just not sure yet if I want to give up the ability to shoot it unsuppressed.

I screwed the pooch and didnt get any 147 bullets when I decided to build this, and now cant find any. Did get a few thousand 124 Zeros from PV, loaded 50 or so up yesterday with 3.6gn of Ramshot Silhouette and they all cycled it and stayed subsonic, so hopefully these will work in the meantime.

Specs

-CMMG MK9 Lower
-CMMG bolt
-JSE Surplus 7.5" SS barrel
-Tactical Inc upper for now, still waiting for CMMG dedicated 9 upper
-ACE Entry stock
-JP Extra power buffer spring
-Made my own 11.5oz lead filled buffer
-BADASS
-Troy VTAC carbine length rail
-Bushnell TRS-25
-BCM Mod3
-YHM Wraith XL QD

531996_363069483803279_1075931545_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooooooo I want one! Once I got a can I can't make myself shoot without it, go for the hand guard over the can idea. It'll be like a ARSD, would be sweet!

You can always get a fake can for un suppressed too.

That upper plus my full auto lower would be more fun than you should have with your pants on!

That upper plus my full auto lower would be more fun than you should have with your pants on!

Give me three months, switching my FFL/SOT to 07/02 for next tax year, it will be FA after that. Already planned ahead and put the BAD M16 selector in it :)

Ooooooooo I want one! Once I got a can I can't make myself shoot without it, go for the hand guard over the can idea. It'll be like a ARSD, would be sweet!

You can always get a fake can for un suppressed too.

Yeah I probably wont ever shoot it unsuppressed, but its also pretty cool without one on there because it gets like 10" shorter haha.

nice man, i have a colt 9mm awaiting a SBR build one day, lol. just need to get some time

I never really wanted a 9mm AR before, and then I stumbled onto this thread! Great something else to beg the wife for!