• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First coyote hunt tomorrow morning. Tips?

dang472

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 3, 2012
    Kingston, IL
    Heading out to my dad's farm tomorrow morning for my first solo hunt with an electronic call. He's been hearing them in the late evening and a few cats are missing so I know they are in the area. I have the FoxPro Spitfire and a decoy with an external speaker. My plan is to get setup right before sunrise and use a distressed rabbit call to bring them out. Basically there is several empty fields and a few fencelines. My hope is to place the call and decoy in the waterway. Anything I'm overlooking? Where I'm setting up I should have about 160 degrees of shooting path without any obstructions.

Re: First coyote hunt tomorrow morning. Tips?

Wind,and your outline,Coyotes have good eyes...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dang472</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anything I'm overlooking? </div></div>
    Shoot a coyote.

Move very little and watch the wind. Try placing your call/decoy about 50yds up-wind of your stand.

Woke up a 545 ready to go and it was raining like crazy. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Move very little and watch the wind. Try placing your call/decoy about 50yds up-wind of your stand. </div></div>

Hope tomorrow is better! Good advice here...^^^^^

sit in fron of cover to break you up and glass glass glass.

Not a damn thing out this morning. I had high hopes because it wasn't too cold. I'm going to try a few late evenings. Local farmers are hearing them much more at dusk.