• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

First Custom Build. 280Rem. Pics and Range Report

nutzo396

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2008
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Hey there Guys!

First of all here's the Specs.
Action--Sako AV
Barrel--25.5in MTU SS Krieger
Chamber--280 Rem Reamer by Kiff @ PTG
Stock-- McMillan A2 w/3way adjust Butt(traded for Leupold 2.5-8 VXIII. SCORE!)
Smith--John Pierce
Rings--Leupold
Scope--16X SWFA SS
Load--Berger 7mm 180VLD Target--56gr RE22--2765FPS

I recieved my rings on a Thursday and showed up on Friday for the Reade Spring Match, got my 100yd zero in the snow, and shot the match on Sat and Sun. Well..Not so great. First day ran reverse windage the whole time. 2nd Day went much better but still ended up 29th out of 32. Graham and I went to the range for the first time with it last weekend and MAN DOES THIS THING SHOOT! I was having problems getting any decent groups so I had Graham do a 3shot group. Yep, nice and tidy group. Crap! It's me! Long story short is in the pic of the target (300M 340YDS). This was my best for the day but I know the rifle is WAY better than I am. You can see by the group that I need to stop hamfisting the trigger as evident by the horizontal pattern. But verticle is GREAT. Funny thing though. If you look at the ruler in the pic it isnt the same as the lines on the target. It's a taget from Gander Mountain and in fine print on the bottom it says that the lines are 1inch. BULLS**T. They are a little over 3/4. Can you imagine someone using it to sight in thier hunting rifle?
Well, next up is to get some more trigger time and upgrade to a Nightforce.See ya at the range!
downsized_0506001947.jpg

downsized_0506001945.jpg

downsized_0506001946.jpg

0506001951.jpg

Re: First Custom Build. 280Rem. Pics and Range Report

Nice Rifle. What's the barrels twist rate? You might want to try the 175 SMKs, and 162 Hornys, with 4831SC. I've never had much luck with Bergers, the best shot group I got with my 7mm WSM was 1" 5 shot group at 200 yards. Good luck.

love the .280.thought of building one myself.awesome longrange cartridge.recoil is bearable,7mm bullets are super high B.C and i heard barrel life ain't to bad.nice rifle,trigger time will suck them groups in.

you need to push them faster 4350 should do it