• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Re: *First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Have any pics you can post?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotRod308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my v8 with the v2 spigot for AICS...It freaking rocks!!!!! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke to the guys at Acciu-shot today. The "canned" answer is 6 to 8 weeks. I got the impression that it should not take that long but they must have a big contract that they are filling as I was told they are still trying to catch up. Anyway it was a good conversation and I like what I hear about the new V8 Atlas. Ordered a new one myself. It will be hard to beat my old Atlas so I'm looking forward to see the new design.

Donald </div></div>

I received mine this afternoon, my order was placed August 14th so the 6-8 weeks looks to be correct.

Does this new version still have the side to side leg play that the older models have? IE grab the foot of a deployed leg

Can you actually tighten this one up enough that it doesn't cant/pan under the weight of the rifle?

I got rid of my older model Atlas, I didn't care for it. Is this new model enough of an improvement to warrant trying it again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have any pics you can post?</div></div>

Atlas_1140.jpg

It's a very nicely made piece. I have not gotten a chance to crank on it yet, so I can't say for sure how tight is tight. In just playing with it, it locks up pretty snug.

There is no play in the legs when they are locked into position.

Hi Kasey

Is it ok to send in my V7/w AI V7 Spigot mount for an upgrade ?
And Can I get the spigot upgraded to the V8 also ?
And I want to buy a rail mount V8 at same time...
Lots of questions I know....

Happy Holidays
copk9

What is the weight difference between this and say a 9-13" harris with the claw feet. Looking to make a super light hunting rifle and debating on which to pick up!!!

Holy smokes Kasey. I just got my first two Atlas bipods ever, both V8's. Thanks to Kevin out at Trigger Time.

These are awesome. There are a lot of fanboys on every website saying you have to have this or your have to have that, but these are a an honest to goodness "must have." There simply is no comparison to any other bipod out there.

I'm thoroughly impressed with these Bipods.

Kudos to Kasey and the gang at Accushot.

Does anyone know if these are solid when you load weight on them?
I'm wishing I could find a bipod that is rock steady when you load them up. I have some Harris and I like them but you have to move into them pretty far to get them steady.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I haven't had time to read all of the other posts but these are pricey little dudes and I would like to know if they will do what I'm hoping they will.

When is the trg spigot going to be made?

I have a AICS and a TRG. All I want is a picatinny rail like what SPUHR has on his personal TRG42, I also think the AICS spigot should have the rail a full time fixture.

I can only shoot one rifle at a time so it make sense to keep it all picatinny.

And what is the price point on this?

I'm thinking that looks clunky as hell compared to a harris. So why should I go with this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When is the trg spigot going to be made?

I have a AICS and a TRG. All I want is a picatinny rail like what SPUHR has on his personal TRG42, I also think the AICS spigot should have the rail a full time fixture.

I can only shoot one rifle at a time so it make sense to keep it all picatinny. </div></div>
+1 on the TRG picatinny mount

I own about 6 Harris bipods and 3 Atlas V8's. I've run them all through their paces and for a long range precision rig, the Atlas bests them all. On other rigs (like my 3gun AR), the Harris may be a better one for the quick deployment. To show how much I like the Atlas, I am in the process of completing the rail conversion on two other McMillan A5s to convert them from Harris to Atlas as well (which will make 5). I expect to have all my long range bolt guns converted to Atlas within the year.

To answer a couple of questions from earlier in the thread.

1. The price point is ~$220 or about double the Harris. The build construction and additional features the Atlas offers over the Harris are worth it in my book.

2. In my estimation, I can double the loading weight on an Atlas over a Harris. From a prone position on cement, in the dirt, or against an obstruction, the Atlas shines.

3. The angling of the legs at forward 45 or rear 45 are a real benefit. Our club shoots off barricades at 425 and the rear 45 angle allows a complete supported position for easier shot placement. The Harris's always hang off and give the shooter trouble.

4. The Atlas is a lot less clunky than the Harris. The leg to base mount is rock solid and there are no springs to get in the way. The Atlas allows true "panning" from side to side versus Harris swiveling around the center. This features is a huge advantage when shooting moving targets. I never really understood the swivel feature on the Harris except for when needing to level up on a sloped surface. The Atlas handles both without issue (pan and swivel).

5. The real topper for me is that Kasey is about one of the most stand up guys in the business. He takes time to talk with you on the phone and is very interested in hearing about real shooting with his product. When I had an issue with a mount screw (half the slothead snapped off but was still fully functional, i.e. no rifle out of service), he had another out to me same day. He also wanted the broken one back to see what the situation was. He even reported back and it was a one off manufacturer defect and he would be holding his suppliers feet to the fire on this for later runs. Class act.

ordered my v8 on 9/10, received notification that order was processing last week on 11/3 and it showed up just a day or two later.

now, i only wish the rifle i plan to put it on was finished. incredibly solid design.

@mattmcg: Thanks for the solid review on the Atlas. Your f/b was very insightful. I know which bipod will complement my new TRG42. Mahalo!

Thanks mattmcg! I also appreciate the review. I'm also glad to hear that Kasey is a good guy to talk to. I still have a couple of questions and I like someone who is willing to take a little time with their customer before I spend my money.

Another extremely satisfied customer! V8 for my AW. I have 2 Atlas bi-pods so far, another one to come. Kasey keeps his word, and goes above and beyond to make things work.
The Goat

I'm now a victim of the Atlas cocaine..it's good to receive a product that actually lives up to the hype. For those with them on back-order, I ordered 9/21 and received it 11/19. If anyone's on the fence jump off and buy one, they're worth it!

I used to think what was the bid deal about the Atlas Bipod? I mean it looks nice but... then I got the chance to actually handle one at the gun show today. Needless to say I walked out with it. All I can say about this bipod is WOW! this is the best bipod I have ever seen. NOW I know what all the hype is about.

WOW, thanks guys. All of this is really humbling and inspiring, I truly appreciate it.

can_stalk, yes you can pan 15 degrees left/right for a total of 30 degrees. NOT ONLY can you plant the legs parallel to the target and pan to following a moving target, if you can't get a good purchase for the feet parallel to the target, and find one within that 30 degree sweep, you can plant the legs then sweep into the target. This was related to us by an instructor teaching high angle class in the mountains. The instructor could get the feet into a crack on a boulder, then pan into the target. I, and I suspect mosti

StanwoodSpartan, the BT10 weighs about 10.5-11 ounces, the Harris 9-13 swivel is 14 ounces.

TRG Spigot– early 2011

edited to correct 10.5 instead of 1.5 ounces

V8 is the shit... Austin is repoing one of his I've been borrowing, so I'll be ordering one soon. I'm spoiled now... LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">StanwoodSpartan, the BT10 weighs about 1.5-11 ounces, the Harris 9-13 swivel is 14 ounces.</div></div>

Thank you for the answer Kasey. One is on order followng this reply!!!

*Ordered the V8 wit the cleat feet*

thanks for the order! BTW, the weight was suppose to read 10.5 - 11 ounces, not 1.5-11 ounces. Sorry for any confusion.

No problem I had figured as much. The slight weight difference wasn't what convinced me. Everyone who has ordered one seems to absolutely lover theirs so I figured I'd give it a try.

Jackalope33B, 6-8 weeks is what we are telling civilians, trying to improve that but till we do telling folks 6-8.

N3TD3ViL, I have never handled one of their bipods but I know GG&G makes great gear and for me, it's an honor to even be considered for such an comparison.

StanwoodSpartan, order date add 6-8 weeks. sorry. We are working towards improving that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N3TD3ViL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the Atlas bipod stack up against the GG&G bipod?</div></div>

I've played around with the GG&G and would recommend the Atlas against it hands down. The Atlas is lower profile, lighter in weight, and has the flexibility of off angle leg engagement. For a bolt gun, there is just nothing better.

The GG&G, while a solid piece of gear, didn't offer everything else the Atlas does.

I received my Atlas V8 bipod today and it is worth every penny!!!
Any worry I had about cost disappeared as soon as I took it out of the bag. I wish everything I bought was this well made.
Really great quality and design and made in the USA too.

Kasey,

Acquired the V8 today. BEAST! The bipod is structurally solid and ergonomically well configured. Looking fwd to your TRG42 spigot interface!

Thanks for the outstanding customer service and professionalism. You can guarantee that I will be showing off your "art" at the NOVA ranges.

Mahalo

I ordered mine already, and waiting patiently because I know its worth it. I saw a few at triad's site and was tempted to order another but I can wait for Kasey to call me when mine is ready.

Ordered mine through Triad and it came in on Monday. Just got home from being out of town. Got it installed and all I can say is WOW!!! No more Harris' for me!! A big thank you to Kasey for the ingenuity to build such a sweet bipod.

xs3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snufulufugus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome piece of equipment, it looks like a work of art in person.

bipod.jpg
</div></div>

.....sorry to burst your bubble......that is not how you use a bipod....... call me silly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snufulufugus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome piece of equipment, it looks like a work of art in person.

bipod.jpg
</div></div>

.....sorry to burst your bubble......that is not how you use a bipod....... call me silly </div></div>

It is if using as aiming sticks.. lol.

Im in the same boat. I am now beginning the 4th week of wait time and can't wait until I see it in the mail. Somebody told me to cancel on Kaey and order from Triad but I will wait on Kasey. The barrel build took a wicked turn so the rifle won't be ready for another month or so anyways!!

Got a question for you guys- Just got the V8 for xmas. Im not sure what you call it, but Im having a problem with the big round knob between the legs that you can turn. Im guessing this knob is used for tension for the "cant" of the bipod. My question is when I loosen the knob it is very very hard to get the bipod to "cant" to the right or left.
Is it supposed to be this tight? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Mine was stiff for awhile too. Work it for a while and it will soften up a bit.
smile.gif

Has anyone had this problem now- In addition to my earlier post.
I did remove the plastic cover under the knob and saw there was a small nut there. I did loosen the nut some, and noticed that the bipod will "cant" when the knob is loose. When I go to tighten the knob, the rail stays rock tight, but now the knob has a little bit of a wobble to it.
Is it supposed to be this tight? Do I need to tighten down the nut back to where it was?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine was stiff for awhile too. Work it for a while and it will soften up a bit.
smile.gif
</div></div>

J33B - Contact Kasey for O&M questions. He'll give you the Dos/Don'ts on the Atlas V8.

I experienced idential issue as Jlaw973. To remedy, I placed the Bipod's base plate in a vise (legs in "up" direction) and g-e-n-t-l-y worked the ball joint by rotating the legs. Seemed to loosen up the ball joint a bit. Have yet to mount the Bipod to my 300WM....awaiting the TRG42 spigot interface to reach market.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to thank Kasey, firstly for producing a fantastic product and secondly for being brilliant to deal with. Though I'm based half way around the world, ordering, shipping, upgrading and communication were all first class and the quality and functionality of the product speaks for itself.

Thanks
Rath

I got my first V8 with the new spigot mount just the other day. Very happy with it! Vast improvement over the older version. Keep up the good work Kasey.

Does anybody have the V8 in stock, checked RO, Triad and even BOTACH!!
eek.gif
but to no avail I can not find one.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: younggun22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody have the V8 in stock, checked RO, Triad and even BOTACH!!
eek.gif

Can someone point me in the right direction? </div></div>

Mile High Shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: younggun22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody have the V8 in stock, checked RO, Triad and even BOTACH!!
eek.gif

Can someone point me in the right direction? </div></div>

This is where I purchased mine, about 2 weeks ago and it came in less than a week.

http://ustacticalsupply.com/accu-shotbt10-atlasbipodcomingfall2008.aspx