• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos First Precision Build, second range trip

-edgecrusher-

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
NW Indiana
Remington 700 - .308 Win action
Bell & Carlson Varmint/Tactical stock Bedded, inletted and painted by me
PRI SA Scope base
Badger Ordnance Bottom Metal
Badger Ordnance Bolt Knob Mod (done by a machinist friend)
Harris BRM-S 6-9 w/ KMW Podlock
Falcon Optics Menace 4-18 x 56mm Illuminated ML16 reticle
Seekins Medium 30mm Rings

shooting 168 SMK's, zeroed originally for 155gr Scenars

Re: First Precision Build, second range trip

Nice
smile.gif

How do you like that stock

How do you like that stock ? I have been looking at those

/

I like the stock itself, the adjustable comb could use some work...thumb nuts mainly...it's a very stout stock, this was my first inletting job and since the stock has pillars and it's own aluminum bed already it was a lot of work without having a print to go from, I did pretty well for a first timer and I'm happy with the results.

ETA - Note on the B&C stock - I had to fill huge voids with glass in this stock, I was not too pleased with that requirement after prepping it for bedding. The voids were mostly in the action area and a few were by the BDM, regardless, for the money spent I don't think the issue should exist.

I skim bedded the action area and bedded the recoil lug properly, when i replace the trigger (if ever) I will post pics of the bedding.