• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos My first precision build

GA_medic

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2019
Atlanta, Ga.
Decided to pick up a second hobby to occupy my time since winter is upon us so mountain trips on my motorcycle are done until warmer weather comes back. Found long range shooting to be interesting quite a while back so I figured I'd give it a shot. Picked up my RPR secondhand from a guy who works for Daniel Defense about a month ago. Came equipped with a good scope and a bipod. After doing a lot of reading, more parts were definitely in the near future. I have yet to shoot it which is something I hope to change very soon. Once I get most of my parts in, it will be disassembled and parts will receive an FDE Cerakote finish.

Current setup:
Gen 2 RPR 6.5 CM
Harris bipod
Burris XTR 2 5-25x50 optics
Burris adjustable scope rings
Atlas monopod
CTK extended mag release
DPMS grip with palm shelf

Ordered parts:
Seekins Precision SP3R V3 handguard
Seekins Precision ambidextrous safety
Anarchy titanium bolt shroud
Witt Machine muzzle break
Timney two stage trigger

To be ordered:
Proof Research CF barrel
Crimson Trace 3 series optics
Atlas bipod

20190114_131050.jpg

Sweet set up! Just curious, I haven't heard much about the Crimson Trace 3 Series, are they that much better than the XTRIIs?

Sweet set up! Just curious, I haven't heard much about the Crimson Trace 3 Series, are they that much better than the XTRIIs?

They aren’t bad, they’re pretty clear Japanese glass with parallax that goes wayyy down to 10 or 15 yards so great for rimfire stuff. The reticle also has an extremely fine target dot that I really like for what I use it for.

I have a 3 series 5-25 and it’s not a bad scope BUT the draw back is no actual zero stop. It has 10mil turrets and I have Burris XTR rings with all the elevation I can dial in (on top of a 20MOA base so with the turret reset to zero, I can’t get lost because it is almost bottomed out for me anyway BUT I think a scope with a 1200 dollar MSRP marketed as a tactical scope should have a z/s. That’s my only ding on it but for my purposes it wasn’t a big enough ding to make me not give it a shot.

All in all, I’m not disappointed in it, but I’m not thrilled with it. To my eye the glass is better than an XTR 2 but lack Of zero stop makes the XTR 2 more desirable. I am not unhappy with it, but I wouldn’t buy another and I doubt I’d recommend it to others with what else you can get in the price range.

Just my thoughts and obviously worth exactly what you paid for them.