• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

first set up..finished (pics)

awz1287

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
North Carolina
hey, guys I just got my first set up completed...I haven't got out to the range yet, but I just wanted to see what you guys think.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Does everything look right (the scope mounts and stuff)?</span>

It's a Remington 700 5R with a Leupold mark 4 4.5-14x50mm.

IMG00099-20110926-1221.jpg

IMG00100-20110926-1222.jpg

IMG00102-20110926-1223.jpg

IMG00103-20110926-1223.jpg

IMG00105-20110926-1225.jpg

IMG00106-20110926-1226.jpg

IMG00107-20110926-1227.jpg

Re: first set up..finished (pics)

very nice rifles. i have a 5r and it shoots 175gr hpbt great. your rifle looks great, good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AWZ1287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold">Does everything look right (the scope mounts and stuff)?</span>

</div></div>

Won't know if things look right until we see the target
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBot.MN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AWZ1287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Won't know if things look right until we see the target
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I was wondering about the mount and the placement of the rings...I will post a range report soon I hope, I just have to get some money for ammo, I just stocked up on handgun ammo before I decided to start this new project...lol

Nice setup. All good, solid, proven gear. Do your part, feed it quality ammo, and I have a feeling it'll exceed your expectations.

looks good and sounds like a great combo....

Where can I get that danger sticker you have on the pelican??

Nice set-up, I have had two 5Rs and they both shot very well.
You might consider getting some rail cover (plastic ladder) so you don't chew up your thumb while loading into the internal mag.
I had an IOR rail that was pretty sharp, and it really helped.
SScott

I have a buddy with this rifle in 7mm mag. Laser beams come out the end of the barrel. Badass rifle fo' sho'!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Looks great!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad Karma08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Where can I get that danger sticker you have on the pelican?? </div></div>

I ordered some stuff for my ar-15s from Spikes Tactical and they sent me 2 of the stickers with the order, it said spikestactical.com on the bottom, but I cut the bottom of the sticker off. I figured that spikes is known for ar stuff so I'd take it off, and I left it on for my ar case.
I don't know if they sell them but they do sell patches and shirts with it.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/danger-stay-100-meters-back-p-34.html

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/caution-stay-100-meters-back-p-63.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You might consider getting some rail cover (plastic ladder) so you don't chew up your thumb while loading into the internal mag.
I had an IOR rail that was pretty sharp, and it really helped.
SScott </div></div>

ok thanks, cool idea, I have some covers left over from my ar-15 build.

Thanks guys for the replies.
is there any other mods that should be done? or any simple stuff that could be done to help?