• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

fitting tacticool stock to Brno Model 1

lawboy

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2004
california
I have a 17/22 Swager built on a Brno Model 1 with a 1:8 PacNor barrel. I need a stock for it and the Boyds seems perfect. I had the action converted to use a tang screw in place of the barrel lug arrangement when I had the 17 bArrel installed. Is it feasible to modify the boyds stock to use two action screws?

I have googeled 17/22 swager and did'nt find out to much...Could you educate me on the benefits of this change? I don't understand....Are you puting a 17cal. bullet on a .22 rimfire? 17 mach2 is allready out there.....plus a 1 in 8 twist?................ You got my attention with the Brno 1...one of the finest sporters made....I have 2. They shoot right with my Kimber B...If you have the old #1stock I may be interested in buying it...I am pretty sure that the #1 can fit in a 452 stock with a little finessing, so if they cut the Boyds for a 452 it could be a go....

Last edited:
I have googeled 17/22 swager and did'nt find out to much...Could you educate me on the benefits of this change? I don't understand....Are you puting a 17cal. bullet on a .22 rimfire? 17 mach2 is allready out there.....plus a 1 in 8 twist?................ You got my attention with the Brno 1...one of the finest sporters made....I have 2. They shoot right with my Kimber B...If you have the old #1stock I may be interested in buying it...I am pretty sure that the #1 can fit in a 452 stock with a little finessing, so if they cut the Boyds for a 452 it could be a go....

Sure. The rifle chambers and fires 22lr High and Hyper velocity ammunition. the chamber/leade includes a choke that swages or extrudes the bullet down to 17 caliber. Benefits are that bullets grow in length to almost double, dramatically increasing ballistic coefficent, which translates to less velocity loss and less drift and drop at range. Also, rotational velocity of bullet is doubled due to the 1:8 twist rate. This translates to violet bullet upset upon impact with small varmints. Accuracy of my gun is .5 at 50 yards and an inch at 100 yards. Some peope claimed significant velocity increases with guns built on 10/22 platforms but I have not seen that with my gun. I did test terminal performance at distances out to 100 yards, using a 22lr gun and shooting the same ammo in both guns. the 17/22 Swager was easily more destructive and shot significantly flatter at 100 yards. My gun shoots Remington Yellow Jacket, Armscor High Velocity and Federal 724 very well. The Remington and Armscor are both truncated cone hollowpoints and the gun seems to prefer that bullet profile. The federal is a roundnose hollowpoint that, for some reason, the gun likes. The barrel chambering was done by Randy at Connecticut Precision Chambering (CPC). I had the rifle built by Jim Boer in Modesto, CA. a local guy. I built this gun in 2000, before the 17HMR or HM2 were released. It does not replace the HMR but it does improve on the lethality of the 22lr at range, and can be a fantastic small game setup if you build the rifle for carrying. My gun is built as a varminting rig, 24-inch heavy barrel tampering from 1-1/16 down to .75. The stock I have is woefully inadequate -- forearm too thin and flimsy for the barrel. It is a trim sporter stock built for carrying. The tacticool looks like what I need for shooting from a bipod off a bench or prone, which is how I use the gun. I am going to order one and just made the alterations needed. Will get a DIP bottommetal and picatinny rail also to complete the build. May try a bolt handle too at some point. Just a winter project ... :)

For a Sav 110 223 I bought a TACTICOOL 4300603-1G-203 stock that did not fit, but it was close. It was for a 4.415" receiver.
I have a 4.522" receiver.
I had to mill out the stock for:
a) longer action
b) 1/2" pillars instead of 1/4" screws
c) .240" thick recoil lug instead of .150" recoil lug
d) 1.2" barrel channel, not 1.05"

MillingoutBoydsSav110stockfor4375incenterstofit80s4522incenteraction9-13-2013.jpg

Laminated wood is a lot easier and faster to mill than metal.

Savage11022335grVmax13grBlueDot100yards4groupsof59-18-2013.jpg

Right from the first target at 100 yards it shot as well as 35 gr bullets in the wind can shoot.