• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision FLIR T-50 Initial Set-Up

The Big Bad Boy has arrived:

T75%20Close%20Front.jpg

All I can say is that it is wicked.....

I just got mine as well yesterday. I already mounted it to the M40A5. Going to try and get some photos soon.

I really wish it was not August with 100% humidity and 85+F temps at night so I could get some excellent video our of this powerful FLIR T-75 thermal long range scope.

I shot two hogs on the powerline with the SIG 716 7.62mm @ 250 yards and175 yards the night before last about 11PM.

In this video the long range one is already Lights Out while the closer one I shoot here is digging and rooting out a 3'X5' hole oblivious to me about to pull the trigger on him in the dark drizzling humid hot rainy night.

It is an MP4 video about 54MB so will work on Mac, IPad, or PC, I am seeing whatever you see in the video @ 6X though an Elcan scope:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T75/T75%20Powerline%20Two%20Hogs/T75%20Hog%20Kill.mp4

Enjoy!

We had a severe thunderstorm last night from 5-8:30PM that dumped two inches of rain with lots and lots of lightning and thunder right on top of us.

Went out in the UTV to sit on the power line road about 9PM as it was still raining moderately and everything was muddied out on the road out there.

Was sitting in the rain reading a book story on my I Phone with the FLIR M-324 pointed down the power line giving me a good view in the rain of a couple of hundred yards in the mono-thermal environment. Mosquitoes were extremely thick and without the ThermaCell on there is no way I could have just parked there.

Still some occasional lightning here and there and moderate to drizzling rain the entire time with gusts of wind get me wet at times. Just sate quietly reading with the FLIR covering the open area on the power line.

About 10PM I look up at the HD LCD monitor and could see what appeared to be a loaner boar hog down rooting in the open about 250 yards down the line.

Turned on the FLIR T-75 Long Range Thermal scope and sure enough, it was a big boar! Turned on the video and got everything going while sitting in the drivers seat with the SIG 716 7.62mm pointed out over the steering wheel.

Took one suppressed shot and WHACK, you could hear the 7.62mm 130 grain 3,000fps slug hit him like a ton of bricks, he collapsed and did a 180* turn to head for the woods but apparently was suffering from severe spinal CNS problems as he could not stand and only crawl. Shot again and missed while he was low to the ground crawling, shot again and hit him WHACK, he was not going anywhere.

Drove down to him and got out and was surprised to see how large this loner boar hog was, intact with nutz, he was a real fighter and had two noticeable wounds on his body, his shield was over an inch thick from all the fights he had been in.

Was able to get him home and dressed out over 225 pounds of meat!

Thermal video turned out real good too for being shot in pouring down rain, will work on that this weekend....the FLIR T-75 is a superb Long Rang Thermal Night Scope!

Hondini%20Boar.jpg

Boar%20Side.jpg

Boar%20Head.jpg

Boar%20Head2.jpg

FLIRONE.jpg

We tried it again tonight but got in a super heavy thunderstorm with 4 inches of rain, soaked with no hogs but thank goodness for 4WD with locking differential as we would still be out there now without it!!! Super super swampy...

Here are a couple of FLIR T-75 video out takes of that big boar at 200 yards at 1X, 2X and 4X, I am seeing same thing as these pics but magnified 6X though the Elcan Specter DR, making the boar fill the entire viewing ocular!!!

Remember, this is in the POURING RAIN......

1X Black Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog1X.jpg

1X Rainbow White Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog1X%20Rain.jpg

2X Black Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog2X.jpg

4X Black Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog4X.jpg

Still working on the video of the hog kill.

Shield on this boar hog was over an inch thick from fighting and sparring. In fact he has two wounds we observed while transforming him into sausage, a mean deep tusk stab to the right rear ham and a healing open wound ripped across his chest from recent fighting!

Shield.jpg

Here is the video of the 400 pound boar hog getting wacked at 200 yards by a couple of handloaded Barnes 130 grain TSX slugs @ 3,000 fps in the pouring down rain....

Format is MP4 so both PC and Mac and IPad can view it, 32MB download in high res:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night Vision/FLIR T75/T75 Boar Hog/T75 Big Boar Hog2.mp4

I also put it up on YouTube in lower res:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn21PGQXamw

Let me know what you think, it was shot in the middle of a thunderstorm downpour.

The FLIR T-75 is the cats meow for a long range high power thermal clip on or standalone thermal weapon scope, it is unfortunate that virtually everytime I have hunted with it, it has been in the rain, but we had 17 inches of rain here during the month of August!

I will work on doing a stand alone review of this instrument as it deserves it own thread for future reference....

225 pounds of sausage!

Be sure to playback on Full Screen.... I am watching this video at 6X through the Elcan too!

Managed to nail two nice boars tonight using the T-75 at 175 yards with the SIG 716 .308:

Two%20T75%20Hogs.JPG

I think I have enough experience and material to write up a stand alone review on this instrument now.

It is a serious long range thermal clip-on scope or stand alone scope with internal digital 5.56mm & 7.62mm NATO BDC reticules for high powered rifles.

If anyone is thinking of getting one of these, it is LONG RANGE >250 meters out to 600 meters scope, don't plan on using it close in as the small FOV is a severely limiting factor.

The FLIR T-75 thermal weapon scope works outstanding well as a standalone weapon thermal scope in addition to its use as a thermal clip-on.

Using the internal digital 5.56mm NATO and 7.62mm NATO reticules at 1X, 2X, and 4X it is clear as a bell at all magnifications, much more so than my T-70's....it is also compact, short, and light weight for such a powerful thermal instrument.

Another 225 pound boar takes the heat from the T-75 tonight!

225%20Pound%20Boar.JPG

Got rained out after dark tonight and was heading back in the UTV when I drove up onto a sounder group with the FLIR M-324XP Pan/Tilt thermal cockpit video on while navigating using the Larson Electronics Super RED LED blaster.

Here is a pic I took of the cockpit FLIR M-324 LCD monitor when I first saw the hogs one hundred yards out in the woods:

M324%20Hogs%20100%20yards.JPG

Turned on the FLIR LS-64 thermal so I could keep an eye on them as I turned on the T-75 and got it setup for taking live video.

Had to turn the Elcan 1.5-6X-42mm down to 1.5X so that I could target the hogs using the 1.5X as the 6X was way too powerful for a 100 yard shot.

One .308 later this 175 pound sow hit the dirt;

Pics using FlirOne at 15 feet in the dark:

Hog%20&%20SIG.JPG

Hog%20&%20SIG2.JPG

Here is the hog and rifle with the FlirOne at 30 feet in the dark:

FlirOne%20Hog%2030%20feet.JPG

Here is the hog at 50 using the FlirOne:

FlirOne%20Hog%2050%20feet.JPG

Here is the hog with the cockpit LCD from the Flir M-324 using an I-phone to take a pic, hog is 200 feet out:

Hog%20M324%20200%20ft.JPG

Here is the same pic of the hog at 200 feet through the FlirOne:

FlirOne%20Hog%20200%20feet.JPG

Got some good thermal video of the hog kill and a coyote that I almost nailed earlier so will work up the video later on...

Here is the video from the FLIR T-75 in the teaming rain once again.

I tried to line up these two hogs so the .308 Barnes 130 grain would pass through the thoracic cavity of the first hog and take down the second big hog behind him.

It looks like it did hit him but the 2nd hog got away and I was not able to recover him by myself alone in the woods last night, will keep an eye out for a wounded boar though....

FLIR T-75 in the Pouring Rain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Fwk-8ojMw

Go to full screen and full volume.

Enjoy......

Have received many questions on the T-70 vs T-75, I will do a review here soon on the T-75, I've already got plenty of info on both in this thread.

However, I need to reinforce that the T-75 is a LONG RANGE THERMAL WEAPON SCOPE, ie >250 yards to 800 yards.

The T-70 is a SHORT RANGE scope from 10-300 yards.

They both were designed to be used with either an ACOG 4X or an Elcan 1-4X, using any other day optic or large optical magnifications will change or degrade the operation of the use of the instrument. If you want the best all purpose day optic, stick with an ACOG or ELCAN. I love the T-70/ACOG TA02 4X combination on my rifles, it is awesome and totally functional for WFOV and easy ranging out to 300yards.

Using the T-70 or the T-75 as a standalone thermal scope with the internal digital 5.56mm NATO or 7.62mm NATO BDC reticule is unpixelated at all digital magnifications up to 4X.

The T-70 has three operational internal digital magnifications, 0.5X, 1.0X and 2.0X, the 0.5 setting gives a great WFOV that allows you to see a great field of view for picking up your target to begin with or for when a coyote or hog charges you.

The T-75 also has three operational internal digital magnifications, 1.0X, 2.0X and 4.0X, non of these give a WFOV and you will experience difficulty picking up your target to begin with at ranges under 250 yards due to lack of FOV. Also, once you shoot and the pack of coyotes or hogs scatters you will experience difficulty in picking up your target for a second shot or another target for a second shot due to targets running out of FOV and difficulty in tracking them.

More to come later in my T-75 review here soon....

Bottom line is if 95% of your kill shots are under 250 yards, use a Flir T-70.

If 95% of your kill shots are over 250 yards, get the Flir T-75.....

Haha! The elusive coyote takes a dive at 250 yards with the SIG 716 7.62mm and FLIR T-75! Got some great video too, will work that up!

Vis%20Coyote.jpg

Vis%20Coyote2.jpg

Thermal%20T75%20Coyote.jpg

That coyote is stuffing my resident Bald Eagles and Buzzards, without FLIR thermals they would all starve:

Eagle.jpg

Buzzards.jpg

The SIG 716 & FLIR T-75 with 18" heavy barrel shoots 5 .308s into a golf ball sized hole all day and all night.

The coyotes don't stand a chance.....

Couple more fell to the FLIR T-75 last night, including a squirrel in the barn ripping up the corn bags, will work up the video:

225lb%20Sow.jpg

Hot%20Sow.jpg

Cold%20Sow.jpg

Hot%20Squirrel.JPG

Trapped eight nice hogs this morning and took them to the University Meat Laboratory to have them processed professionally into sausage and examined for brucellosis. Huge hydraulic stainless steel table, electric winch on steel I-beam, giant walk in freezers, and professors training their agricultural students on meat quality! Sausage will be delivered next week.

Hog%20Trailer%20University.jpg

Got home beat and took a nap, then put some fresh batteries in the FLIR T-75 Long Range thermal weapon scope and headed out in the backyard in the teaming rain, five minutes later took down a nice 300 pound sow after spotting her with the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal cockpit cam. She took a handloaded 7.62mm Barnes 130 grain TSX to the head @ 125 yards, DRT.

Hot%20Sow.JPG

T75%20Sow.jpg

Hondini%20Sow.jpg

Pretty much both. I like being able to use the long range but there are only a couple of decent places where I can put it to good use on our properties for land management and hog eradication.

Most of the time my hog/coyote encounters are under 300 yards and more like 150-200 yards where my T-70s work just fine. Also, now that I have the FLIR M-324XP Pan/Tilt thermal in the cab of the UTV, I can easily spot out over one half mile and stalk up close under 200 yard without a problem.

I have missed many opportunities due to he T-75 being too powerful, charging coyotes are very difficult to follow in the small FOV and sounder groups spread out fast when the first sniper shot hits them and makes it more difficult to take out multiple hogs due to them running out of the FOV.

The T-75 is a long range powerful easy to use instrument, however the T-70s basically covers 98% of all the shooting I do at night.

I will write up a separate individual T-75 review of my experiences here shortly since there is quite a bit of interest in long range thermal weapon scopes using higher magnifications.

Couple of FLIR T-75 StandAlone Mode through the tube photos showing their internal digital 7.62mm NATO BDC reticule in my backyard in the rain of some vultures feeding on hog carrion, the unit also has an internal digital 5.56mm NATO BDC you can easily switch to also.

It functions as a StandAlone very good, but works even better up to 8X with a day optic....

T75%201X%20Standalone.jpg

T75%202X%20Standalone.jpg

T75%204X%20Standalone.jpg

T-70 Eyeball shot @ 175 yards on nice boar hog tonight after spying him with the cockpit M-324.

T-70 is a nice kit!

M324%20Hog.jpg

T70%20Headshot.jpg

Flirone%20Eyeball%20Shot.jpg

Going to feed allot of folks this weekend!