• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Florida Trooper Arrests Miami Cop for Speeding

Re: Florida Trooper Arrests Miami Cop for Speeding

Who says that a free, law abiding citizen can't own a gun in the Bronx to protect him or herself? Nowhere does it say that and I certainly haven't said it.

There are plenty of people within the confines of NYC that legally own guns. Yet very rarely are these weapons used to protect life or property. More often then not they're stolen, only to be later used in the commission of crimes.

No one is being "oppressed" as you like to put it in order to sensationalize or give validity to you argument. Really though, if you came on by I could show you what I mean. But I'm sure you'd rather stay behind the comfort of your keyboard and opine on matters you know very little of while criticizing others for their beliefs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who says that a free, law abiding citizen can't own a gun in the Bronx to protect him or herself? Nowhere does it say that and I certainly haven't said it.

There are plenty of people within the confines of NYC that legally own guns. Yet very rarely are these weapons used to protect life or property. More often then not they're stolen, only to be later used in the commission of crimes.

No one is being "oppressed" as you like to put it in order to sensationalize or give validity to you argument. Really though, if you came on by I could show you what I mean. But I'm sure you'd rather stay behind the comfort of your keyboard and opine on matters you know very little of while criticizing others for their beliefs. </div></div>

Can an ordinary law abiding citizen own and carry a gun legally in NYC or the Bronx?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who says that a free, law abiding citizen can't own a gun in the Bronx to protect him or herself? Nowhere does it say that and I certainly haven't said it.

No one is being "oppressed" as you like to put it in order to sensationalize or give validity to you argument. Really though, if you came on by I could show you what I mean. But I'm sure you'd rather stay behind the comfort of your keyboard and opine on matters you know very little of while criticizing others for their beliefs. </div></div>

I lived in Baltimore, aka bodymore murdaland, for most of my undergrad, which if you aren't familiar with it, makes the bronx look like beverly hills. I owned a gun and somehow I managed to get through 4 years without murdering anyone or causing general mayhem. Geographic location has nothing to do with crime, what you are talking about are <span style="font-style: italic">Demographics</span> which are affected by a huge number of socioeconomic factors and have absolutely zero to do with geography. You take the same criminal from the bronx and put him in Wyoming and he will act the same, and vice versa. Trying to justify Bloomberg's illegal and unconstitutional agenda is not going to win you any points with anyone except the brady bunch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF1986</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I lived in Baltimore, aka bodymore murdaland, for most of my undergrad, which if you aren't familiar with it, makes the bronx look like beverly hills. I owned a gun and somehow I managed to get through 4 years without murdering anyone or causing general mayhem. Geographic location has nothing to do with crime, what you are talking about are <span style="font-style: italic">Demographics</span> which are affected by a huge number of socioeconomic factors and have absolutely zero to do with geography. You take the same criminal from the bronx and put him in Wyoming and he will act the same, and vice versa. Trying to justify Bloomberg's illegal and unconstitutional agenda is not going to win you any points with anyone except the brady bunch. </div></div>

As a law abiding, gun owning citizen, you did exactly what you were supposed to do so what is your point? I'm not trying to justify anyone's agenda but I'm not so closed minded that I can't bring myself to see opposing viewpoints.

Miami PD has 55 positions availible if anyone is interested, anyone? Yep, 2011 can't pass soon enough for Miami PD. While this FHP story is good, this one take the prize.

miami.cbslocal.com/2011/07/26/charges-may-be-filed-against-cop-who-hit-couple-on-miami-beach/

A picture is worth a thousand words. Look at those jugs, I mean mugs!
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF1986</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I lived in Baltimore, aka bodymore murdaland, for most of my undergrad, which if you aren't familiar with it, makes the bronx look like beverly hills. I owned a gun and somehow I managed to get through 4 years without murdering anyone or causing general mayhem. Geographic location has nothing to do with crime, what you are talking about are <span style="font-style: italic">Demographics</span> which are affected by a huge number of socioeconomic factors and have absolutely zero to do with geography. You take the same criminal from the bronx and put him in Wyoming and he will act the same, and vice versa. Trying to justify Bloomberg's illegal and unconstitutional agenda is not going to win you any points with anyone except the brady bunch. </div></div>

As a law abiding, gun owning citizen, you did exactly what you were supposed to do so what is your point? I'm not trying to justify anyone's agenda but I'm not so closed minded that I can't bring myself to <span style="color: #FF0000">see opposing viewpoints</span>. </div></div>

THAT IS THE PROBLEM - it's NOT an opinion. It's not open to 'interpretation' or circumstantially malleable. Bronx is a high crime area. YOUR view is such that because it's high crime, the 2ndA should be diluted. WRONG. It's your job as LEO to deal with the crime within the confines of the Constitution. Anything less than that and then you might as well say screw it, let's just round up the ones we 'know' are guilty and do away with the rest of the inconvenient stuff in the Constitution like juries and stuff...

I recognize that it's easy for me to type these things, I recognize that it must be very hard and frustrating to operate at times with laws that seem to favor the criminals rather than the enforcers who are trying to do a job. But just because there are a lot of criminals in the Bronx doesn't mean it's ok to deny law abiding citizens their rights even if it means it makes your job easier. Likewise, just because there is a natural disaster and some people behave like savages doesn't mean LEO or the govt has the permission or right to throw the laws of the land out the window.

Are we really that close to just having our Constitution thrown away? A fistful of dollars and an order from an asshole Sheriff and Mayor is all it takes?

C'mon Event, I'm a little disappointed in you. As a result of the outright violation of law abiding citizens 2nd Amendment rights after Katrina, which by the way I was no part of nor would I ever be.

The Disaster Recover Personal Protection Act was passed and signed into law by President Bush, so that this type of debacle never occurs again!! If you believe in magic, and a conservative congress and president!!

So to answer your question, I for one do not believe we are remotely close to having our Constitution thrown away. And, I would venture to say most if not all of LEO's on this site are as constitutionally protective as you are.

This thread was about a turd from Miami acting like a fool. I didn't see one reply from LE on here that he wasn't or deserved special treatment, yet it has once again evolved into a platform for angry men to yet again spew anti-LE rhetoric.

I still do not agree with the way the FHP officer handled the case. Instead of one turd doing a claimed 120, now you have two!! She got her man!!!

I simply stated earlier that had I been the pursuing officer in this case I would have handled it differently. He was a sworn officer of the law, and should be held to higher standards. I would have brought in supervisors immediately on the spot while in pursuit, and not been subject to any scrutiny as to the way I handled the case.

This BS that FHP communications ability is limited is just that BS!!

So now, maybe everyone can get back to bashing the turd that almost missed his prom detail!!!

But SlapChop is a Yankees fan!!!!!

laugh.gif

Seriously, it would appear that there is yet more to the story that adds a little weight for the Miami officer's side of the story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But SlapChop is a Yankees fan!!!!! </div></div>

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">C'mon Event, I'm a little disappointed in you. As a result of the outright violation of law abiding citizens 2nd Amendment rights after Katrina, which by the way I was no part of nor would I ever be.

The Disaster Recover Personal Protection Act was passed and signed into law by President Bush, so that this type of debacle never occurs again!! If you believe in magic, and a conservative congress and president!!

So to answer your question, I for one do not believe we are remotely close to having our Constitution thrown away. And, I would venture to say most if not all of LEO's on this site are as constitutionally protective as you are.

This thread was about a turd from Miami acting like a fool. I didn't see one reply from LE on here that he wasn't or deserved special treatment, yet it has once again evolved into a platform for angry men to yet again spew anti-LE rhetoric.</div></div>

Dagsta,

Here's the thing about legislation... it seems to matter less and less. Did we ever think that widespread - as in national, as in every phone call, email, text made by anyone in the country - warrantless surveillance would be conducted and defended as legal. I doubt it. Did we think that we would legalize rendition, 'enhance interrogation'? I doubt it. Did we think we'd ever need a law like the one you referenced? I doubt it.

The point here is that the govt can, has and probably will make up whatever boogeyman, emergency, crisis it wants to legalize whatever illegal practice it has in mind. It comes down to the boots on the ground whether or not it will transcend from scheme to action. You mentioned that you wouldn't have engaged in the 2ndA violations. Thank you. But the fact is there were plenty that would and did and in the end there's nothing to suggest that they won't happily do it again when the next 'this time it's different' event occurs.

If I may, I'd like to say I'm dissapointed that you feel this is an anti-LE rant or rhetoric. It's not. In fact, it's the absolute opposite. I, we, NEED LE to oppose and prevent such orders in the future from being carried out. It's not enough to say "I wouldn't do it" what's needed are people in your status, entrusted and empowered by taxpayers, to STOP it from happening. Nothing anti-LE here, just please step in when your colleagues are stepping out of line.

If a citizen tried to defy those armed contractors and LE who engaged in the obviously illegal actions they'd be dead. They'd be classed as criminals lawfully killed. Their families would be denied any insurance money from whatever policies they may have had and their company benefits probably would be ceased as well. Do you think that's fair? Those people deserved better and should have had officers protecting them from those who were going door to door.

"For evil to succeed, it only needs good men to do nothing"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread was about a turd from Miami acting like a fool. I didn't see one reply from LE on here that he wasn't or deserved special treatment, yet it has once again evolved into a platform for angry men to yet again spew anti-LE rhetoric.</div></div>

Your reading comprehension is obviously at an elementary level.

EventHorizon, Your post is spot on. It's pathetic that the LEO in this thread, or across this country cannot come to the same conclusion, even with all their 'training'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Seriously, it would appear that there is yet more to the story that adds a little weight for the Miami officer's side of the story.
</div></div>

I don't agree with that line of thinking.
I subscribe to the discipline that the initial action leads to all others. Since the Miami off-duty was the one who was acting recklessly and illegally, then the bulk of the blame for what happened as a result of that falls squarely on his shoulders.

Whether FHP had an axe to grind or not, HE is the one who set the series of events into motion. Without him and his actions, there is nothing for her to do but pull the 10-15 overs that make up her normal day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I don't agree with that line of thinking.
I subscribe to the discipline that the initial action leads to all others. Since the Miami off-duty was the one who was acting recklessly and illegally, then the bulk of the blame for what happened as a result of that falls squarely on his shoulders.

Whether FHP had an axe to grind or not, HE is the one who set the series of events into motion. Without him and his actions, there is nothing for her to do but pull the 10-15 overs that make up her normal day. </div></div>

Simple as.....

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". Newton

For those of you unfamilar with that concept, try this....

Reason. Its whats for breakfast.

RE: What the jackbooted thugs did in NO....."Power without wisdom is folly". Maggot

In this case it was criminal, and against the constitution. But what do I know.

There are no words to describe the awesomeness of this video..... Except maybe.... Scrumtralescent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said before, a man with a gun in the Bronx is way different than a man with a gun in Wyoming. Not something that I would expect you to understand though. </div></div>

The only difference is the generations of coddling heaped on them by know-nothing leftists; fellow citizens that are weak of moral character and incapable of stepping forward and knocking that man on his ass when he is out of line, and who have themselves bought into the concept that persons like yourself are the only ones to be trusted with weapons.

You are swimming in the sea of delusion yourself and no longer capable of seeing the shores of truth.

And I for one am really not interested in your armchair sociological comparisons of American citizens. The Nation is on the wrong track b/c of thinking - just like this.

Slap Chop, I was watching an old Film Noir which took place in Bronx, circa 1948. I don't remember what the film was but I remember seeing a sign on a business, "Guns".

The good old days!

Last time I was there was in 1977 when I hitch hiked from Florida to NH. I was walking along the side of the ramp on the NJ side of the George Washington bridge when a guy pulled over and said, "Hey Gomer, do you know where you are? This road goes into the North Bronx!"

I got a ride to Connecticut...

Anyway, my understanding is that Bronx is still hell in a small place but surely there must be honest people living there. People who would not throw shots into the air on New Years Eve or hose down the street over an incident of Disrespek.

I know you have done far more than many to serve our nation and now serve as a Police officer, doing way more to stand between bad guys and the good, than most "theorists".

I, for one, have never fired a shot in anger and hope never to have to! But I have been shot at and missed (two incidents, 4 rounds total!) by criminals. As I don't have the "wheels"
I had when I was younger, Running away isn't the option it once was...The effect of Bloomberg's zealous anti-gunnery on people like myself would be an effective sentence of submission to the savages. I like going outside.

I believe I recognize the perspective you bring to this discussion; one that somehow got derailed from the OP regarding the FHP arrest of a Miami cop!

Pertaining to the notion of infringing on the right of law abiding citizens to be armed due to the density of the population around them or the vast numbers of felons and other scumbags in proximity to them, in my mind argues for efforts made to recognize the extra burden of caution regarding possession, and use of defensive fire arms with the emphasis being squarely placed on facilitating it rather than thwarting it.

With much of my family residing in Massachusetts, I am very familiar with many of the hoops one must jump through to legally own fire arms as well as buy ammo in uber restrictive states! NY, Conn., RI, NJ, etc., are brutal. And they have been for many years; long before the big assassinations of the 60s and the crime waves of the 70s and 80s.

That said, the people's right to be safe has to trump the state's arrogation of power to impose theories upon them that make them unsafe and can't be removed without huge upheaval by the voters.

I know, easy for me to say...

Regarding those complaining that there are "anti-LE" posts on this string, there are two LEOs involved here, if you take a side, you would be anti LE-according to that thought process (any post, other than they are both the greatest people that ever lived). I believe you are "Pro-LE" if you are taking the Troopers side, as she was the one enforcing the law, was on duty, and was doing what she is paid to do. If she had stopped and ticketed an African American, accordingly, she would be a racist? This "logic" just does not stand up to 1/2 second of rational thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But SlapChop is a Yankees fan!!!!!

laugh.gif

</div></div>

It is pretty obvious based on the video, the report and his location as well as his admission he was Off Duty, Speeding, driving ing in a reckless manner, fleeing and eluding the trooper.

What more to his story can he add?

He got a huge break and should have been taken to jail just like you or me would have been in the same situation.

I think there needs to be an investigation as to why the miami police officer got special treatment.

Just because he is a police officer does not mean he is above the law, he is to follow the laws just like evryone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But SlapChop is a Yankees fan!!!!!

laugh.gif

</div></div>

It is pretty obvious based on the video, the report and his location as well as his admission he was Off Duty, Speeding, driving ing in a reckless manner, fleeing and eluding the trooper.

He got a huge break and should have been taken to jail just like you or me would have been in the same situation.

I think there needs to be an investigation as to why the miami police officer got special treatment.

Just because he is a police officer does not mean he is above the law, he is to follow the laws just like evryone else. </div></div>
Well said! Real Americans believe in Equal Justice-the problem we have at this current time in history, far too many commies have been able to poison the minds of Americans into believing some people should have "special Justice", and that the laws should only apply to some people etc.. Starting to sound like Nazi Germany, I am glad we [Real Americans] kicked their asses. Some Americans (some on this board included) don't grasp the Idea of "equal Justice". I hope this trend is reversed, otherwise our rights (country) will continue to creep away from Freedom.

I'll have to say goooooood for her. She should have pistol whipped him like Wyatt Earp did a few of them red sash wearing cowboys. This seems to happen a lot more frequently than you would think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But SlapChop is a Yankees fan!!!!!

laugh.gif

</div></div>

Just because he is a police officer does not mean he is above the law, he is to follow the laws just like evryone else. </div></div>

Yeah, let's shout marxism slogans from the rooftops at him...

<span style="font-style: italic">"The strength of a bureaucracy is measured by its ability to deny giving ANYONE special treatment."</span>

We just love it when the bourgeoisie get what's coming to them, as long as the same 'fair treatment' isn't also coming to us, that is.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread was about a turd from Miami acting like a fool. I didn't see one reply from LE on here that he wasn't or deserved special treatment, yet it has once again evolved into a platform for angry men to yet again spew anti-LE rhetoric.</div></div>

Your reading comprehension is obviously at an elementary level.</div></div>

Haha, no shit!

What thread were you reading, Dagsta? Clearly not this one.

It is easy to "make things up", however; what do you think the % of non-LE caught going 120MPH, refusing to pull over, weaving in and out etc, HAVE been given a speeding ticket and let go? My bet is the number is very low, if not zero. Equal Justice to me means Equal, not greater than, and not less than. Do you have any facts to back up that this Miami officer was treated in a "more harsh" manner than the average guy doing the same thing? If so, I stand corrected, if not, I will always side with Equal Treatment, Equal Application etc., in short basic American values.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread was about a turd from Miami acting like a fool. I didn't see one reply from LE on here that he wasn't or deserved special treatment, yet it has once again evolved into a platform for angry men to yet again spew anti-LE rhetoric.

</div></div>
To be clear, which group is 'spewing anti-LE rhetoric'? Those siding with the Trooper, or those that think the Miami Cop was clearly in the wrong? If you "take a side", you are going to be "anti-LE", as last time I checked both, the Trooper and the Miami cop are LE. If You support one football team over another are you Anti-Football?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Equal Do you have any facts to back up that this Miami officer was treated in a "more harsh" manner than the average guy doing the same thing? </div></div>

Well, we have the videotape, if you want to believe that. Civilians just don't get treated this way.

You are monday morning quarterbacking. Proceed only with the knowledge the Trooper had at the time. It's simply a speeding police cruiser that isn't stopping, with an officer found to be inside it.

As much as some want to apply some sort of fantastic marxist-like egalitarian "peoples-standard" to this, the failing in that logic is that they ignore the pink elephant in the room, that a marked police car with an officer in it is involved. It has the authority to drive faster than you do.

It was LATER DETERMINED that he abused this authority. But that wasn't known until she had already acted inappropriately on her own.

He could have just as easily said "fuck you, I don't have to tell you what official business I'm on, or where I am going. You are interfering with my official duties. Now please back off and leave me alone."

Again - proceed with the knowledge available AT THE TIME action was taken, not with the 20/20 hindsight available now. If this had happened while an officer actually was on a call somewhere, he never made it there, and people died or were injured, would she be sued?

No, overhead lights and sirens are not mandatory. No, all police departments cannot communicate together on radio.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But SlapChop is a Yankees fan!!!!!

laugh.gif

</div></div>

Yeah, let's shout marxism slogans from the rooftops at him...

<span style="font-style: italic">"The strength of a bureaucracy is measured by its ability to deny giving ANYONE special treatment."</span>

We just love it when the bourgeoisie get what's coming to them, as long as the same 'fair treatment' isn't also coming to us, that is.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

I don't drive like an idiot endangering people the way the Miami police officer did and if I did I would expect to go to jail and know I deserved what I got, I am not upset because I don't get special treatment it is just B.S. that police officers expect and get special treatment because they are police officers, NO One is above the law, not even police officers.

There was a case a few years back where an FBI agent was drunk and driving the wrong way and killed 2 people, it took quite awhile for the truth to come out about that.

The FBI apparently has a problem with its agents getting drunk and killing people while driving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Equal Do you have any facts to back up that this Miami officer was treated in a "more harsh" manner than the average guy doing the same thing? </div></div>

Well, we have the videotape, if you want to believe that. Civilians just don't get treated this way.

You are monday morning quarterbacking. Proceed only with the knowledge the Trooper had at the time. It's simply a speeding police cruiser that isn't stopping, with an officer found to be inside it.

As much as some want to apply some sort of fantastic marxist-like egalitarian "peoples-standard" to this, the failing in that logic is that they ignore the pink elephant in the room, that a marked police car with an officer in it is involved. It has the authority to drive faster than you do.

It was LATER DETERMINED that he abused this authority. But that wasn't known until she had already acted inappropriately on her own.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> He could have just as easily said "fuck you, I don't have to tell you what official business I'm on, or where I am going. You are interfering with my official duties. Now please back off and leave me alone."</span>

Again - proceed with the knowledge available AT THE TIME action was taken, not with the 20/20 hindsight available now. If this had happened while an officer actually was on a call somewhere, he never made it there, and people died or were injured, would she be sued?

No, overhead lights and sirens are not mandatory. No, all police departments cannot communicate together on radio.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

Which would have made him guilty of another felony. Falseifying official information, or some such.

Sorry 007, this times Goldfinger gottcha
whistle.gif

NO Mr. Bond.....!!!!!

LOL

So,

By not making, or offering a self-incriminating statement, or refusing to answer an interrogatory question, he is guilty of a felony.

In the uber-egalitarian thought processes of this, <span style="font-weight: bold">we still do</span> want to afford police officers the protection of the constitution, right?

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Equal Do you have any facts to back up that this Miami officer was treated in a "more harsh" manner than the average guy doing the same thing? </div></div>

He could have just as easily said "fuck you, I don't have to tell you what official business I'm on, or where I am going. You are interfering with my official duties. Now please back off and leave me alone."

--Fargo007
</div></div>

He did not have his lights or siren on, he was out of his jursidiction and not even in the same county, so I don't see how you can come up with teh line he was on a call, and when he was pulled over he even said he was running late to an off duty job.

He was in Hollywood heading south bound on the Turnpike in Broward County in a Miami Police Car, Miami is in Miami Dade and Miami is a City in Miami Dade, so it is pretty obvious to anyone he was not on duty.

Based on her comments apparently either this Miami police officer or other miami police officers have a habit of driving like that.

You said the police are allowed to drive above the speed limit, is this even when they are off duty?

If this is the case pleas epost F.S. that prove this.

Are police allowed to drive however they want, just because they are police officers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NO Mr. Bond.....!!!!!

LOL

So,

By not making, or offering a self-incriminating statement, or refusing to answer an interrogatory question, he is guilty of a felony.

In the uber-egalitarian thought processes of this, <span style="font-weight: bold">we still do</span> want to afford police officers the protection of the constitution, right?

--Fargo007

</div></div>

Police have all the rights that everyone else does, the exact same rights as all other citizens, no more no less, yet this police officer was given special treatment because he is a police officer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NO Mr. Bond.....!!!!!

LOL

So,

--Fargo007

</div></div>

Police have all the rights that everyone else does, the exact same rights as all other citizens, no more no less, yet this police officer was given special treatment because he is a police officer. </div></div>

Actually no, the special treatment he got was an internal disciplinary investigation from his department, which will most like result in hefty suspension days and/or firing, as well as following him with future job applications by being in his permanent employment jacket. That on top of the traffic citations, court costs, and ancillary fees associated with it.

So if he were a plain ole civillian, he would have been better off taking the ride to jail and paying the fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NO Mr. Bond.....!!!!!

LOL

So,

--Fargo007

</div></div>

Police have all the rights that everyone else does, the exact same rights as all other citizens, no more no less, yet this police officer was given special treatment because he is a police officer. </div></div>

Actually no, the special treatment he got was an internal disciplinary investigation from his department, which will most like result in hefty suspension days and/or firing, as well as following him with future job applications by being in his permanent employment jacket. That on top of the traffic citations, court costs, and ancillary fees associated with it.

So if he were a plain ole civillian, he would have been better off taking the ride to jail and paying the fine. </div></div>

If he was a plain citizen and his employer didn't like what he did, he could also face sanctions or be fired, the police officer still recieved special treatment because he was a police officer.

I have an idea, don't drive like an idiot and you won't get pulled over, this applies to all people.

If someone who worked for me was driving a company vehicle like he was, he would be fired immediately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Equal Do you have any facts to back up that this Miami officer was treated in a "more harsh" manner than the average guy doing the same thing? </div></div>

--Fargo007
</div></div>

He did not have his lights or siren on, he was out of his jursidiction and not even in the same county, so I don't see how you can come up with teh line he was on a call, and when he was pulled over he even said he was running late to an off duty job.

He was in Hollywood heading south bound on the Turnpike in Broward County in a Miami Police Car, Miami is in Miami Dade and Miami is a City in Miami Dade, so it is pretty obvious to anyone he was not on duty.

Based on her comments apparently either this Miami police officer or other miami police officers have a habit of driving like that.

You said the police are allowed to drive above the speed limit, is this even when they are off duty?

Are police allowed to drive however they want, just because they are police officers? </div></div>

You are monday morning quarterbacking.

What was known AT THE TIME THE STOP WAS MADE?

That's how you must proceed with this to determine what actions were proper, and which were not. You cannot consider what was revealed after the stop, or after a gun was stuck in his face and he was handcuffed.

By your MMQB logic, I can pull everyone out of the car and search them for drugs at will, with no probable cause. As long as I find something... Haybro, I'm completely justified, because with MMQB logic, I can start with the drugs (the guilt) and work backwards, thereby justifying the search with its conclusion.

"Fairness.... Equality...... Constitution...." I've seen these words a whole lot here, but nobody wants to apply them to the one actually under the force of government here. In this scenario, the only applicability these terms have is to protect HIS rights.

So let's talk about rights. You need to apply them fairly, even when it prevents you from "sticking it to the man."

Does sticking a gun in someone's face and handcuffing them constitute a custodial interrogation?

Was he Mirandized?

Would statements made under an interrogation with those conditions applied to a civilian be thrown out of court?

Would a prosecutor in a busy area like that really waste his time with a stone-cold loser case like this?

Why did he get special treatment? What - by not being charged? LOL - Maybe now you will see that she screwed this up as bad as he did.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Equal Do you have any facts to back up that this Miami officer was treated in a "more harsh" manner than the average guy doing the same thing? </div></div>

--Fargo007
</div></div>

Are police allowed to drive however they want, just because they are police officers? </div></div>

You are monday morning quarterbacking.

What was known AT THE TIME THE STOP WAS MADE?

That's how you must proceed with this to determine what actions were proper, and which were not. You cannot consider what was revealed after the stop, or after a gun was stuck in his face and he was handcuffed.

By your MMQB logic, I can pull everyone out of the car and search them for drugs at will, with no probable cause. As long as I find something... Haybro, I'm completely justified, because with MMQB logic, I can start with the drugs (the guilt) and work backwards, thereby justifying the search with its conclusion.

"Fairness.... Equality...... Constitution...." I've seen these words a whole lot here, but nobody wants to apply them to the one actually under the force of government here. In this scenario, the only applicability these terms have is to protect HIS rights.

So let's talk about rights. You need to apply them fairly, even when it prevents you from "sticking it to the man."

Does sticking a gun in someone's face and handcuffing them constitute a custodial interrogation?

Was he Mirandized?

Would statements made under an interrogation with those conditions applied to a civilian be thrown out of court?

Would a prosecutor in a busy area like that really waste his time with a stone-cold loser case like this?

Why did he get special treatment? What - by not being charged? LOL - Maybe now you will see that she screwed this up as bad as he did.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

The Trooper did her job except she did not arrest him and take him to jail.

The Miami police officer is the one who broke the law, what laws if any did the trooper break?

Based on the video of how he was driving and evading her and she did what I think is prudent, pulled him out of the car at gunpoint, civillians get the same or worse treatment than he did when they run from the police.

If I was on a jury I would vote to convict the police officer of fleeing and eluding.

As far as his rights being read to him, I don't think a citizen in the exact same case would have had his rights read to him on the spot but that is an issue that could be brought up in trial if he feels he was not read his rights.

Did the trooper interrogate the Miami police officer?

If you consider that an interrogation does that mean everytime you have contact with the police they should read you your rights?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Was he Mirandized?

--Fargo007 </div></div>

This makes sense.

My question is this though - and it's a question, not rebuttal - when we see many other videos of high speed car chases, we almost always see the person running being told at gun point to get out of the car and they are immediately set upon by multiple officers who handcuff the suspect.

How is what they do in those scenarios different from what she did in hers.

She chased him (he ran), he pulled over, she got him out the car (at gun point) cuffed him immediately.

Again, just want to know what makes the two situations materially different.

I get that he was an officer - or dressed as such anyway - but why does THAT make a difference to how she should have acted?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Was he Mirandized?

--Fargo007 </div></div>

This makes sense.

My question is this though - and it's a question, not rebuttal - when we see many other videos of high speed car chases, we almost always see the person running being told at gun point to get out of the car and they are immediately set upon by multiple officers who handcuff the suspect.

She chased him (he ran), he pulled over, she got him out the car (at gun point) cuffed him immediately.

I get that he was an officer - or dressed as such anyway - but why does THAT make a difference to how she should have acted? </div></div>

Apparently since he was in a Police car and in uniform he should not have been treated like a suspected criminal.

I guess the trooper should have looked the other way when he blew past her, because he is a police officer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Was he Mirandized?

--Fargo007 </div></div>

This makes sense.

I get that he was an officer - or dressed as such anyway - but why does THAT make a difference to how she should have acted? </div></div>

No problem. This has become a very interesting topic for me.

It is different because until proven otherwise, a law enforcement vehicle with an officer in it has the presumption of regularity. IOW, there is a possibility that the actions might be lawful and explainable. It happens they were not in this case, but again, you can't MMQB.

She acted differently in not providing him the same constitutional protections that you and I believe we are entitled to. When you create a circumstance where a custodial interrogation takes place (someone is not free to leave) you are then operating in Miranda territory. The supreme court has made this abundantly clear.

For those that don't understand the significance of this, a custodial interrogation has been held to have taken place with far less subtlety than sticking a gun in someone's face, handcuffing them, then using their statements against them.

"Fruit of the poisonous tree"

Everything she might have learned from the point she created the CI until she finally gave Miranda would be totally thrown out. As well as anything built on, or learned from any statement made during that time period.

This isn't directed at you for asking the question, but I offer it as a general caution in terms of the lynch mob sentiments here:

Everyone wants fairness, equal justice, and constitution, but somehow it's okay to land your foot on the constitution so long as you're swinging a bat at someone like this guy, whose conduct you don't happen to like?

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Was he Mirandized?

--Fargo007 </div></div>

This makes sense.

No problem. This has become a very interesting topic for me.

It is different because until proven otherwise, a law enforcement vehicle with an officer in it has the presumption of regularity. IOW, there is a possibility that the actions might be lawful and explainable. It happens they were not in this case, but again, you can't MMQB.

She acted differently in not providing him the same constitutional protections that you and I believe we are entitled to. When you create a circumstance where a custodial interrogation takes place (someone is not free to leave) you are then operating in Miranda territory. The supreme court has made this abundantly clear.

For those that don't understand the significance of this, a custodial interrogation has been held to have taken place with far less subtlety than sticking a gun in someone's face, handcuffing them, then using their statements against them.

"Fruit of the poisonous tree"

Everything she might have learned from the point she created the CI until she finally gave Miranda would be totally thrown out. As well as anything built on, or learned from any statement made during that time period.

This isn't directed at you for asking the question, but I offer it as a general caution in terms of the lynch mob sentiments here:

Everyone wants fairness, equal justice, and constitution, but somehow it's okay to land your foot on the constitution so long as you're swinging a bat at someone like this guy, whose conduct you don't happen to like?

--Fargo007 </div></div>

I didn't know about the presumption of 'all good' in regards to the police car. I see your points now.

Continuing with my MMQB I'd say she was just pissed off and fed up with the other departments treating her roads as their real0life GranTourismo and felt like busting balls. It's the same 'cop boiling over' we've seen on other vids that have now since been banned because we all expressed our outrage over unprofessional conduct and some LEO on here I guess busted Frank's balls about it in turn.

Constitutional rights are there for all citizens. Even those who are abusing taxpayer paid for equipment and who should and do know better. I hope his punishment is appropriate and I hope she gets her remedial actions as well.

Thanks for the response Fargo.

Brother, we've arrived at complete agreement.

I've enjoyed the discussion.

I'm sure both of them want to just put it behind them at this point. Maybe we all should.
smile.gif

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NO Mr. Bond.....!!!!!

LOL

So,

--Fargo007

</div></div>

So if he were a plain ole civillian, he would have been better off taking the ride to jail and paying the fine. </div></div>

If he was a plain citizen and his employer didn't like what he did, he could also face sanctions or be fired, the police officer still recieved special treatment because he was a police officer.

I have an idea, don't drive like an idiot and you won't get pulled over, this applies to all people.

If someone who worked for me was driving a company vehicle like he was, he would be fired immediately.

</div></div>

Ok so how would you know? Would FHP call you and alert you to his action, absolutely not. The only way you would be alerted would be if he was in a company vehicle registered in the company's name, and it was impounded subsequent to the arrest, if he were acting an asshat in his POV, you as an employer would never know.

So as a police officer, he is getting disciplined departmentally and criminally.

Its no different than military personnel getting arrested off base, then taking it from the command when they get back.

Event Horizon writes,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I may, I'd like to say I'm dissapointed that you feel this is an anti-LE rant or rhetoric. It's not. In fact, it's the absolute opposite. <span style="color: #FF0000">I, we, NEED LE to oppose and prevent such orders in the future from being carried out. It's not enough to say "I wouldn't do it" what's needed are people in your status, entrusted and empowered by taxpayers, to STOP it from happening.</span> Nothing anti-LE here, just please step in when your colleagues are stepping out of line.

If a citizen tried to defy those armed contractors and LE who engaged in the obviously illegal actions they'd be dead. They'd be classed as criminals lawfully killed. Their families would be denied any insurance money from whatever policies they may have had and their company benefits probably would be ceased as well. Do you think that's fair? Those people deserved better and should have had officers protecting them from those who were going door to door.

"For evil to succeed, it only needs good men to do nothing"</div></div>

I agree with what you're saying here but it's the wrong way to go about it. It isn't our job to refuse orders or to try and interpret the laws to our liking, only enforcing those that fit our ideologies. Our job is to look at the facts and weigh them against the laws that are on the books and if the facts meet the criteria then enforcement action is taken.

If I refuse an order/assignment that I don't agree with, I open myself up for suspension and possible termination. And like yourself, I have bills to pay and a family to provide for. As noble as it may sound, the mortgage company isn't going to want to hear that I can't make the payment because I "failed to carry out orders".

Like I said in another post, its up to YOU, the taxpayer to change things. The way that is done is at the polls. You guys put these people into office either by voting or NOT voting and then you complain at the rules that they put in place. You can post, vent, bitch and moan about the cop doing this or not doing that but in the end if you don't like the way things are, write your politicians, lobby for change.

I'm a working stiff, just like most here. There are things I have to do that I don't always agree with but it isn't my place to question them.

I'm all ears and open to suggestions though. Going back on forth on the internetz only gets you so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The only difference is the generations of coddling heaped on them by know-nothing leftists; fellow citizens that are weak of moral character and incapable of stepping forward and knocking that man on his ass when he is out of line, and who have themselves bought into the concept that persons like yourself are the only ones to be trusted with weapons.

You are swimming in the sea of delusion yourself and no longer capable of seeing the shores of truth.

And I for one am really not interested in your armchair sociological comparisons of American citizens. The Nation is on the wrong track b/c of thinking - just like this.
</div></div>

I completely agree with the first part of your post. I'm not as delusional as you may think and my opinions while you may not agree with, are far from being based from an armchair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Event Horizon writes,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I may, I'd like to say I'm dissapointed that you feel this is an anti-LE rant or rhetoric. It's not. In fact, it's the absolute opposite. <span style="color: #FF0000">I, we, NEED LE to oppose and prevent such orders in the future from being carried out. It's not enough to say "I wouldn't do it" what's needed are people in your status, entrusted and empowered by taxpayers, to STOP it from happening.</span> Nothing anti-LE here, just please step in when your colleagues are stepping out of line.

"For evil to succeed, it only needs good men to do nothing"</div></div>

I agree with what you're saying here but it's the wrong way to go about it. <span style="color: #FF0000"> It isn't our job to refuse orders or to try and interpret the laws to our liking, only enforcing those that fit our ideologies. Our job is to look at the facts and weigh them against the laws that are on the books and if the facts meet the criteria then enforcement action is taken.</span></div></div>

These two sentences contradict each other. Also, if you're given an illegal order you'll just comply? Really?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlapChop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said in another post, its up to YOU, the taxpayer to change things. The way that is done is at the polls. You guys put these people into office either by voting or NOT voting and then you complain at the rules that they put in place. You can post, vent, bitch and moan about the cop doing this or not doing that but in the end if you don't like the way things are, write your politicians, lobby for change. </div></div>

Seriously now, which politician campaigned on 'I'll instigate illegal wiretappings, torture and I will subvert your 2ndA rights'? None. No one votes for that and your position above is very weak. You're seriously sounding like a guard at a concentration camp here...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlapChop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a working stiff, just like most here. There are things I have to do that I don't always agree with but it isn't my place to question them.</div></div>

The sum of your post is "don't look to me to do the right thing if my boss is telling me to do the wrong thing. I'm not that guy. If you make it through [insert name of clusterfuck] then maybe you can vote for another asshole in a suit who pretends to feel your pain over this issue. Now do as I say..."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlapChop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm all ears and open to suggestions though. Going back on forth on the internetz only gets you so far. </div></div>

I don't know what to say. I guess the choice you're leaving us with is 'comply or fight'.

For all you guys that say "he should have been treated like any Joe Schmoe that gets stopped doing 120Mph" or that "he got favorable treatment because he is a cop".

It always amazes me how the ones the know the least are always the ones with the loudest opinions. Plenty of times I've let people go with a summons for far worse. Sometimes even a verbal.

She fucked up the minute she realized he was a cop and still decided to cuff him. Why handcuff the guy if you're not taking him to jail. To humiliate him and "teach him a lesson". I've never seen the need to draw down on anyone much less a uniformed officer for a traffic violation no matter how gross it was.

A lot of you just get your rocks off seeing this happen to another cop because your contempt of anyone in a uniform is overtly obvious.

For the record, I don't agree with the Miami guys' actions. He was reckless and put people in danger needlessly but the gun in his face and handcuffs was over the top given that she KNEW who he was. Seems like she has an axe to grind and she found her man. Those of you applauding her, she is no better than the guy she stopped. She let her feelings get in the way of her job and made some bad decisions.

All of this will mean what, in 2 weeks, or 2 years?
Rodney, we need you to bring a little Clarity, into our lives!

Really, a guard at a concentration camp? How many of those have you been too?

Like it or not its the way things are. You can do one of two things, try to institute and bring about change or just sit there posting in circles and offering nothing.

Seems like you'd rather do the latter and it makes your argument weak.

Actually I've been to one. I'm sure you're aware that the defense of 'I was just following orders' is not regarded as a defense when committing illegal acts.

I'm not saying you're a Nazi or you're evil. But that your stance on the issue is the same as others who were 'just following orders'.

You can liken these posts as a waste of time. I don't see it that way. These threads are read, possibly they're spoken about outside of this site. Maybe enough people and enough conversations occur where awareness reaches a point that action occurs. Amongst your colleagues, amongst the voters and perhaps even in the legislature.

Who knows.

I do know that nothing comes from just complying with ever increasing intrusive and subversive forays into personal freedoms.

In many ways this string is similar to other strings that have been labled "anti-LE", I for one have been given 30days for posting factual cases regarding LE. In almost every case of "cops gone bad", someone caught them, some kind of LE, somewhere. When I have posted cases, actual cases, where a given LEO has committed a large numbers of crimes, the only way I, or anyone else (outside the inner circle)finds out about it, is because an honest LE took the lead and made the arrest. I have been wrong, for years I thought the honest cops were glad when scumbags were caught and removed from their ranks. The honest cops loved America, and our Constitution, they did not want favorable treatment, nor did they want any American to be above the law, in short they believed in Equal Justice. I have learned my lesson, posting regarding the criminal actions of a LEO, or (those like a dripping cancer) from a given dept. can get you 30 days or more, so, for those asking for examples, I can, but will not post any here. It now appears that some honest LEO's officers in some cases are okay with "a little special treatment". I hope they change there ways. This is the type of mindset that can lead to "a little more...". That's a Bad road to start down. I would like to ask, what if the Miami cop had been involved in a wreck, someone was killed, let's say a young mother with small child? Would that be where some of the defenders of the Miami cop draw the line, or would they still think the cop should receive "special treatment"? In other words, does the special treatment know no bounds?

Let it die.