• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FN PBR XP 20" Fluted barrel questions

Bowhntr6pt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2006
Central Florida
Who has one and how do you like it ?

Are they still being made/offered ?

What's the average price NIB ?

I have one of the 1st generation FN SPR's and a custom build using a FN SPR action and Douglas barrel. I like both rifles very much but now want something in the 20" version.

I have an issued 700 PSS with a 20" fluted barrel ad it's a darn nice rifle. Just thinking of sticking with the FN as I have multiple mags already.

Re: FN PBR XP 20" Fluted barrel questions

FNH PBR-XPs are no longer made. It has been replaced by the TSR-XP. Basically the same rifle but built in Columbia, SC and with the three-lever MOA-style trigger. The 20" version TSR-XP model number is 75412. The are going for just under $1000 on Gunbroker.

Gunbroker also has a few of the PBR-XPs, they typically run a few hundred dollars less. There are still some NIB PBRs out there. The magazines on the PBR-XP and TSR-XP are interchangeble with the SPR's 4 round DBM.

My TSR-XP samples shoot pretty good, typically under 1 MOA and actually closer to .75 MOA with Federal 168gr GM. Of course you would expect for me to say that. I'll let other FNH PBR/TSR owners weigh in on their feelings and experiences.

Hope this helps.

Semper Fidelis,

The PBR XP is basically an SPR action with a much lighter barrel and a Hogue stock, so would be a good fit in your stable. All the ones I have seen have shot well. You should try to handle one to see if you like the Hogue stock or not.

I think FN is doing a good job with these rifles.

TC

I second looking at Gunbroker. I had bought several of the FN PBR XP's in both 20" and 24" from CDNN when they still had them and I sold them all. Customer's very happy. I wanted one of the 20"er's for myself and had to get it off gunbroker. Cost me $810 with shipping. I believe it is well worth the money.

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

I picked up one brand new a few weeks ago with no stock.

I have a couple 24" PBR barreled actions that I put in Mcmillan HTG stocks and am very pleased with both. 1 in 308 and 1 in 300WSM and both are sub MOA shooters. Great off the shelf type rifles. I would think you would be pleased with the 20" version. I guess the Hogue stock would be OK out in the woods but wouldn't want to be seen in town with one.