• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FN PSR 3 or FN A5...if you could only buy one.

Re: FN PSR 3 or FN A5...if you could only buy one.

If I had to choose between the 2 given, I would opt for the SPR because I like the heavy stock and a 20" bull barrel. I don't personally have any data to back this, but I would assume that you could squeeze more accuracy out of the SPR.

I agree, I like the shorter, heavy barrel and the improved accuracy. Do you think portability is an issue? I couldn't imagine a semi long hike with that bad boy (spr A5). Am I way off here?

I don't think the PSR 3 is being shipped yet? FN has it in their catalog but I can't find one anywhere. Evidently pushing production back a bit?

Thanks for the info.

If you sling it right, hauling the SPR won't be that bad. No, it won't be like a light Rem .30-06 hunting rifle, but it wont kill you either. WHat doesn't kill you makes you stronger, hahaha.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to the gun store today, they have an SPR A5 that's unfired for $1,999.

1999 sounds a tad rich to me, but then again I don't remember the last time I saw one for sale. The prices must have gone up due to short supply. I snagged mine early '08 before they became hard to find. I'll bet you are going to take it home with you today.