• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN SPR chrome tubes?

verrocchio100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2003
Pac-O
Hey fellas, are there any production years one should avoid with regards to the chrome line bore peeling/flaking etc.

Or is more a function of cleaning/care and application of the chrome?

Contemplating jumping on a SPR A1a.

Thanks!

Re: FN SPR chrome tubes?

The ones made in the closing days at the New Haven CT plant are suspect. Buy with confidence, as FN guarantees then for life, and if you have chrome trouble, will replace the tube for free.

FN is currently replacing my entire gun (SPR) because of barrel lining issues. I haven't received it back yet, but so far the warranty work is being done in a timely fashion.

Buy with confidence!

My serial # was in the 14XXX range.

Kind regards,
Jared

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verrocchio100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Turbo!

So where are the current production models made? </div></div>

I believe they are now made in Virginia.

Customer Service Center is now located in Arnold, Mo.
1-800-635-1321.

Good Company to deal with. Took care of the chrome lining issue in my FN in a timely manner. Replaced the entire gun.

The newer ones shoot way mo better.

Bottom metal and extended mags coming out in 2012.

Regards

You cant go wrong with the FN SPR rifles there outstanding in accuracy right out of the box,as for the bottom metal and extended magazines coming out in 2012,are you kidding me! Fn has been saying that stupid line for 7 YEARS NOW.that is total B.S the only way you are going to get bottom metal with any extended mags,are by going with CDI bottom metal from CDI Presicion and AI mags...

The ones between #14,000-17,000 range are the ones to be cautious on. They where made back in 2006ish. The current ones are already in the #30,000 range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nevada Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You cant go wrong with the FN SPR rifles there outstanding in accuracy right out of the box,as for the bottom metal and extended magazines coming out in 2012,are you kidding me! Fn has been saying that stupid line for 7 YEARS NOW.that is total B.S the only way you are going to get bottom metal with any extended mags,are by going with CDI bottom metal from CDI Presicion and AI mags... </div></div>

FN already has new mags and the new bottom metal for the SPR A5M
http://www.fnhusaestore.com/product.aspx?id=113

Current FNH Bolt rifle production is in Coumbia, South Carolina. The same plant that makes the M-249, Mk-46, Mk-48 and M-240 machine guns.

TBM Mags are available for TBM equipped SPR-A5s. Midway USA is the best sourse. They will not fit DBM equipped or hinged floorplate rifles with the original bottom metal. I can't argue with Nevada Hunter, FNH has been talking about this TBM kit for some time with nothing arriving at market. The hardware exists, it is just a matter of doing it as an aftermarket kit. Believe me, I feel your frustration. I guess time will tell.

I stand behind my post,FN does not sell the Bottom metal seperately,so you cannot convert your rifle to use the 5 and 10 rd magazines.IMHO they never will do what they keep saying about it becoming avalible,even if it did someday the CDI bottom metal and AI mags are 10 times better than anything FN has to offer.

FN DBM and their mags are complete junk. If you want mags, you must go with CDI bottom metal. Still kind of funny that Jeff is the only game in town for FN DBM.

Thanks fellas for the heads up on the serial production range!

CDi DBM is in the works as well!