• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns FNH FNX 45 Tactical - Good Gun? vs G20/21

I have the G21 & the FNX 45 tactical .

I like the FNX a bit better

if I thought I would have bear problems I would leave them both home & pack my Desert Eagle 50AE

If I wanted something lighter to carry I would swap out my Glock 45 barrel for one in 10mm

I am fortunate to own both a Glock 41 MOS with a Vortex Venom 3moa reflex sight and a FNX-45 Tactical also with a Vortex Venom. I have something like 750/850 rounds thru the Glock and 250/300 thru the FNX. As a point of reference, I have a Colt Gold Cup National Match that has had well over 5k thru it. I run a Silencerco Osprey 45K on the Glock and the FNX. Recoil on the FNX with the can feels like a 9mm target load. Recoil on the Glock is reduced but not so much as the FNX. To me the overall balance on the FNX is better, with or without the can. The case for the FNX has a pouch that fits the Osprey like it was made for it. As far as accuracy, I run out of skill and eyes way before I can tell much difference. The Vortex was a drop-on bolt-up instant co-witness. Just be certain you use the correct plate and screws. Good Luck on finding a holster for the FNX you like. My current EDC is a Kimber Custom II, but if I ever find 'that perfect setup' in a holster, I would carry the FNX (less can, your mileage may vary). The trigger is a typical DA/SA except much smoother. The SA break is reasonably crisp. The reset is a little long but still not bad. Haven't had any issues with the safety/decocker. I have small hands (and some say an even smaller brain) so my thumb stays under the pad. Buying mags makes you think you are buying mags for a 50AE. I'm colorblind so the 50 shades of FDE don't bother me at all. Go for the FNX.

Reactions: Fig and Snuby642
Can't answer the original question as I don't have the FN, but I carry 185 +P in the Glock 30 and keep 230 +P in the Glock 21 house gun. I always wanted to build a .460 on a 1911. Might convert my first build to one.

KT-MECH makes a “gunfighter” holster for the FNX cut for an RMR. It’s solid and spreads the weight out well. With a real gun belt it’s no hassle to wear it OWB. I carry mine at 3 with an FBI cant, and I can skin it and put rounds on target as fast as I can appendix concealed (how I normally roll). It’s a hog to try and IWB but I can be done. I think the RMR makes the draw slow.

http://www.kt-mech.com/i_list_gunfighter.html

Reactions: Flatrock
I am fortunate to own both a Glock 41 MOS with a Vortex Venom 3moa reflex sight and a FNX-45 Tactical also with a Vortex Venom. I have something like 750/850 rounds thru the Glock and 250/300 thru the FNX. As a point of reference, I have a Colt Gold Cup National Match that has had well over 5k thru it. I run a Silencerco Osprey 45K on the Glock and the FNX. Recoil on the FNX with the can feels like a 9mm target load. Recoil on the Glock is reduced but not so much as the FNX. To me the overall balance on the FNX is better, with or without the can. The case for the FNX has a pouch that fits the Osprey like it was made for it. As far as accuracy, I run out of skill and eyes way before I can tell much difference. The Vortex was a drop-on bolt-up instant co-witness. Just be certain you use the correct plate and screws. Good Luck on finding a holster for the FNX you like. My current EDC is a Kimber Custom II, but if I ever find 'that perfect setup' in a holster, I would carry the FNX (less can, your mileage may vary). The trigger is a typical DA/SA except much smoother. The SA break is reasonably crisp. The reset is a little long but still not bad. Haven't had any issues with the safety/decocker. I have small hands (and some say an even smaller brain) so my thumb stays under the pad. Buying mags makes you think you are buying mags for a 50AE. I'm colorblind so the 50 shades of FDE don't bother me at all. Go for the FNX.

For a holster for the FNX, BP Tactical

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

The holster with a 5 min mod, the holster can fit the 460 Rowland compensator too.

Thank you sir, I will chase this thread further. Would you mind sharing the product data for the rest of that setup, or did it all come from BP Tactical?

Blue Alpha gear belt, Wilder Tactical belt pad and mag holders, hardcore Hardware ASOT defense knife

Thank you sir, I really like the looks of that setup for a 'field & stream / rowdy neighbors / 3 day zombie hunt' type application. Thanks again.

Thank you sir, I really like the looks of that setup for a 'field & stream / rowdy neighbors / 3 day zombie hunt' type application. Thanks again.

When I'm running 460 it feels like a zombie gun, the craters at 100yd is impressive.

Do you have a need for the threaded barrel? If no I'd go with the Glock 21. You should be able to find a used one for around half the price of the FNX Tactical.

Do you have a need for the threaded barrel? If no I'd go with the Glock 21. You should be able to find a used one for around half the price of the FNX Tactical.

There are alot more differences than just a threaded barrel, one can simply add a threaded barrel to any glock if they wish.

Reactions: Fig
Not to deviate too much, but how does the FNX compare to the HK 45? Size, trigger, accuracy? I have the HK 45 and HK 45c (which are excellent) but I have been very interested in the FNX just haven't get been able to find one in stores to manhandle.

How would all of you who convinced me to buy a FNX 45 tactical feel about being able to swap your barrel out and in a few minutes be shooting 10mm? How about turning the velocity of that 220 grain 10mm projectile up by 150 fps to create 27% more energy with a 40 super? If this intrigues you, go check out my latest post in the group buy forum: