• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Folks who drink and watch things go in a circle….

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2007
Yeah, I get it - dad ate the wall, he wins 'Daytona' - all that… duly noted (and congratulations to Dale Jr.). I wonder if my man can tell me much about anything other than beer and corporate money going fast in a circle so they can sell advertising in order to marinate his brain with thoughts and imagines of their choosing?

Last edited:
No body ever accused NASCAR fans of being rocket scientists.

I don't drink but I do like nascar. And jr is my driver...I didn't act like that when he won. That's not a good representation of all nascar fans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NSFW ...

[video=youtube;pkb-q-M7YNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkb-q-M7YNM[/video]

It's heritage, not alcoholism ...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Poor genetics

I think I may have done that while I kept checking my tracking # for delivery time on my last custom 1911

I wonder if he was one of the people that didn't know there was a rain delay and was watching last year's race thinking it was live. I heard on Bob and Tom in the morning there was a ton of people like that. I personally hate nascar. I do like F1 and rally car racing which I think requires a little more skill than just keeping your foot on the gas and going in a circle.

That is absolutely ridiculous!

I like racing of all kinds, love cars in general. As long as the race doesn't get rained out in Phoenix this weekend I will be going...if I can find any awesome people to video, I will be sure to put it up in this thread :cool:

Last edited:
I wonder if he was one of the people that didn't know there was a rain delay and was watching last year's race thinking it was live. I heard on Bob and Tom in the morning there was a ton of people like that. I personally hate nascar. I do like F1 and rally car racing which I think requires a little more skill than just keeping your foot on the gas and going in a circle.

So with that theory any f1 or rally car driver should be able to come to nascar and dominate since they have so much more skill than the hillbillys hugh? I wonder why the guys that tried are no longer even racing any more like jaun Montoya or passtrana. Either way dirt is for racing asphalt is for getting there give me a good late model or sprint car race over any thing on asphalt.

So with that theory any f1 or rally car driver should be able to come to nascar and dominate since they have so much more skill than the hillbillys hugh? I wonder why the guys that tried are no longer even racing any more like jaun Montoya or passtrana. Either way dirt is for racing asphalt is for getting there give me a good late model or sprint car race over any thing on asphalt.
I understand your way of thinking and there its still a learning curve to do any type of racing. Me personally I don't think nascar would be near as hard as F1 or rally car driving. Travis Passtrana* I would call him a one of the best dirt bike stunt people to grace that sport and then move into racing and hang with the best just from what I have seen in the x games rally car when he went up against Colin ( I can't recall his last name ) but that made me impressed with Travis's driving skill but that wasn't a real rally car track going through the mountains with cliffs on the side to fly off of.

Suggesting that stock-car racing is easy because the cars only turn left is much like saying that big-game hunting is easy because the animals are large and not far away.

Yeah, sounds like a hole shit load of fail from never done that in this thread, but please keep spewing the gospel according to never been there.i get a kick out of the audacity.

I don't care what you do. If you have that kind of passion for something, you're not all that different from any of us.

Nothing wrong with NASCAR, but its not my thing. I get the origin of the sport, and wish they would bring that back. I would pay good money just to see a full-up naturally aspirated 426 Hemi go up against a full-up naturally aspirated 427 SOHC Ford with top drivers on a superspeedway. Its gotten way too diluted nowadays for my tastes though. Bring back the Smokey Yunick`s, maybe you`ll get my support. Bring back the innovation. Bring back the hard-charging bootlegging/rumrunning spirit.

Much like country music today, NASCAR has been watered down to be "pop" and mainstream. Wheres the outlaws? Hank Williams, Johnny Paycheck, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Hank Jr???? Where are these type of guys at? You got so-called "country" singers out there now like Keith Urban, lookin` like a makeup-wearing metrosexual straight out of Hollywood. You cant tell me hes ever seen an honest day of hard work in his entire life. Hell, he even announces to the world that he is the exact opposite of country, with his last name! And fans buy his crap? They obviously never heard real music that`ll make even bailing hay into a good time.

Hence, why I listen to the old stuff and watch drag racing. NASCAR doesnt take skill you say? Have you ever been 200mph on a steep-ass banking turn?

NHRA has just about gotten to the point of being Nascar on a drag strip, I prefer ADRL and some of the other Outlaw Pro-Mod/Outlaw 10.5/Outlaw Drag Radial and even X-275. All of them good ole fast-as-hell doorslammer drag racing. Yeah dragsters are cool and all but I like door cars. Theres no better/closer racing in the drag racing world with a lot of innovation going on every week.

Hell, just recently the good ole boys from Georgia at Proline Racing just recently broke new ground for turbo cars in the Pro-Extreme class(no-rules/no minimum weight Pro-Mod doorslammer racing) and turbo Pro-Mods in general. They now(Proline) are behind the fastest turbo car to ever see a dragstrip in the world:

Breaking: Eric Dillard, Q80 Team First Turbo Pro Mod To The 3.50?s! - Dragzine

Thats right, just when everyone was saying the turbo cars would never catch up to the twin-screw blower cars, Eric Dillard from Proline blasts off a 3.59@216mph in the 1/8mi. Before you say that takes no skill, have you ever driven or ridden in a car thats putting down 4000 horsepower or more?

How about this one? Jerry Mitrovic saving his as well as Tim Lynch`s car(who is also from Proline Racing):

Shakedown Outlaw 10.5 AMAZING SAVE Mitrovic v TIM LYNCH Semi-Final round - YouTube

Nooo, thats not skill right? MUST be pure luck. He just probably reenacted a grand mal seizure on the steering wheel and miraculously the car came around. Yeah, I bet thats what he did...

I respect all racing drivers and all the racing sports(more so the grassroots stuff). It may take no skill to drive a 190hp Civic down a dragstrip, but I assure you its no picnic to wrestle a 3500 or 4000hp beast down the track on 10.5 inch tires. Same goes for Nascar, I recommend you try the Petty Driving Experience if its still around. I guarantee it will give a different perspective. At 200mph, a car simply pulling along next to you can move your own car quite a distance.