• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foot in mouth for North Face

Ronws

first class brisket smoker
Minuteman
  • Oct 18, 2021
    Texas

So, do black people also get a discount for learning that white people are bad? Or only white people. And does that mean that admitting to white privilege allows more privilege with the discount?

Come on marketing department - you had one job!

This will be good for TNF. Their core market demographic is chronically afflicted with white guilt. They’ll take the course for the opportunity to pay a 20% premium for being white.

NF business is likely 99.92% white and they feel the need to label inanimate objects and locations as oppressive. Sad commentary on our clown world. They used to be really good technical gear and equipment in the 80's....then they shifted to garnering the suburban woke mom and kool middle skooler market.

NF business is likely 99.92% white and they feel the need to label inanimate objects and locations as oppressive. Sad commentary on our clown world. They used to be really good technical gear and equipment in the 80's....then they shifted to garnering the suburban woke mom and kool middle skooler market.
    TNF originally made very good gear. Have sleeping bags, tents and the Expedition Parka system that are over 25 years old and still performing. Then they sold out to a clothing conglomerate and went to shit.. I wouldn't own any of their new crap.

I would pay 20% more to NOT have to wear that leftist inspired, self-loathing, made in China crap. Besides, I enjoy my white privilege when outdoors and it will take at least a 50% coupon for me to reconsider ;)
    Fuck, game the system. If there is something that you need/want, take the course. Get good- like professionally trained- at white privilege.

Reactions: Arc Light
    Honestly, fuck them and their tree faggot clothes. Let them sell their shit, petroleum made and carbon filled synthetic bullshit clothes to the folks in the ghetto. That company does not make a single product that does not include at least 50% petroleum products. The biggest idiots in the world buy this shit and then wear it in public.

Notice is says “complete” and not “pass.”

I assume I still get the discount if I fail?

Reactions: Ronws
    Fuck them and the horse....etc.

And yes, there probably aren't a lot of black Americans rock climbing or white water canoeing. On the other hand....have you looked at an NBA game lately? Right.

So, do black people also get a discount for learning that white people are bad? Or only white people. And does that mean that admitting to white privilege allows more privilege with the discount?

Come on marketing department - you had one job!
    yes, they call it the 5 finger discount.

<running for the hills after that comment>

Branden

• Haha
    Reactions: BScore and Ronws

And yes, there probably aren't a lot of black Americans rock climbing or white water canoeing. On the other hand....have you looked at an NBA game lately? Right.
    The hilarious part is these woke commercials that I saw before I stopped watching any television. You know the ones with black people surfing, canoeing, swimming in the ocean, etc. No self-respecting black person is getting near a body of water, just doesn't happen :)

That is exactly right. No one is keeping anyone from camping and other outdoor activities. It's simply that a large number of black people are not into that.

But I think this is more about the incessant racism that white people are bad or oppressors or privileged because we are white.

What is the word for defining people by the color of their skin? Racism. Instead of culture.

Now, to flip that around and really get some cogs burning and grinding, is culture uber alles? For example, where did twerking come from? Who brought that into "culture"?

I have a well worn ball cap that fits properly.....fucking corporations would be well advised to stay out of politics and snowflackery.

I have a well worn ball cap that fits properly.....fucking corporations would be well advised to stay out of politics and snowflackery.
    It's strategic. And, it could work for TNF. Dick's stopped selling guns and their revenue went up. Bud Light hired a trans spokesperson and their revenue went down. The marketing department needs to know their market. Soccer moms don't buy a lot of guns, so Dick's move worked. Low brow beer drinkers ain't in to activism, so Bud's was a miss. The TNF demo is awash in white guilt, and could eat this up...

What would be fucking hilarious is if some group like Patriot Front went and had their members take that class, get that discount, and wear North Face shit to their next event.

Well I have zero fucking white guilt, so I guess my comfy cap gets Goodwill bin. Fucking Assholes.

I haven't purchased any of their shit in a long time. I like Arcteryx, but I am sure they're into DEI too. Any other good ones out there who are not into DEI?

Last edited:
    I'd take the course for a 20% discount. Same as any Liberal Arts course...it's just bullshit. Hell, that crap course is mandatory in the military and a lot of businesses. The Military has had bullshit Diversity courses for decades. I remember going to a mandatory class in the 1980's under the title of EO or equal opportunity. When the sales clerk says. "Oh, I see you get a 20% discount for our diversity class" you just reply with something like "Yeah my buddies and I made a drinking game out of it. Every time the word "racism" or white priveledge" was mentioned we'd take a shot...we got so hammered."
    thumbs up.jpg

Last edited:
    It's strategic. And, it could work for TNF. Dick's stopped selling guns and their revenue went up. Bud Light hired a trans spokesperson and their revenue went down. The marketing department needs to know their market. Soccer moms don't buy a lot of guns, so Dick's move worked. Low brow beer drinkers ain't in to activism, so Bud's was a miss. The TNF demo is awash in white guilt, and could eat this up...
    Yeah, and boy was that a Dick move.

Haaaa Haaaa Ha . They started out as K Mart shit brand and somehow became da high fellooty wokey woke schnobby snobb brand . Shitz probably made in Vietnam any way , fuggem .

Haaaa Haaaa Ha . They started out as K Mart shit brand and somehow became da high fellooty wokey woke schnobby snobb brand . Shitz probably made in Vietnam any way , fuggem .
    That's a nasty thing to say about Vietnam.

• Haha
    Reactions: Alphatreedog
    It's strategic. And, it could work for TNF. Dick's stopped selling guns and their revenue went up.

" These decisions were met with backlash from gun-rights advocates and caused a significant financial loss for Dick’s. But in a recent interview with CBS Sunday Morning that took place in the Pittsburgh area, Stack doesn’t seem all that worried about it.

When asked how much he estimated he'd lose following the decision to stop selling to people under 21, Stack said “a quarter billion dollars,” or $250 million.

Stack was then asked how much Dick’s actually lost and he said “about a quarter of a billion. Pretty close.”. "

The north face, marmot, patagonia, eddie bauer, all cater to wannabees. Columbia is a wash today, but a company that really took a shit is Woolrich.

Reactions: 232593
    In other words, if we admit or allege white supremacy, because the poor black man is oppressed by our white skin, then we get a discount?

Are they trying to incentivize and reward white supremacy?

Then there was the time they wouldn't do an Oil and Gas group buy.

I haven't purchased any of their shit in a long time. I like Arcteryx, but I am sure they're into DEI too. Any other good ones out there who are not into DEI?
    Not that I know of anyway. I buy gear for the quality and NF has gone down hill IMO. Still have a Grizzly Peak parka, Big Foot sleeping bag and 4 season mountain that are execellent after many years. They don't make that kind of gear anymore. Now Imostly buy Kiui and Pnuma for clothes. They are probably woke as hell too like all corporate entities today.

Racial inclusion . I have in my younger years partaken in jungle love from time to time doesn't that count for the 20% discount towards one of those over priced Chinese jackets ? In case your wondering it doesn't rub off my dick is still white ......

In other words, if we admit or allege white supremacy, because the poor black man is oppressed by our white skin, then we get a discount?

Are they trying to incentivize and reward white supremacy?
    I really think we should start conquering again. Probably wouldn't be that hard.