• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms For Sale: "Builder's Special"5axis blueprinted LEFT HANDED ONLY LA M700's

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    SouthPaws, your day has finally come. :)

Late last year I was offered a bulk sale of parts as part of an inventory reduction effort by a big player.

These are LH LONG actions. ONLY.

I have over 100 Left Handed M700 actions in stock. These have been run through our industry exclusive 5 axis blueprinting process.

What you get:

New M700 LA receiver and bolt.
    Diamond honed receiver bore
    Resurfaced receiver face
    ID bored receiver ring
    Thread milled ring threads, 1.085-16
    Surfaced lug abutments
    Drilled for LRI pinned lug
    Truncated thread lead
    Chamfered front scope base hole
    8-40 base holes ID bored and thread milled

New OEM bolt body
    Choice of 480 or 545 bolt face
    Machined bolt face
    LRI M16 xtr installed
    Thread milled/induction soldered bolt ring bushing. WE DONT USE GLUE. :)
    Dual ejector pin holes drilled
    Lugs surfaced top/bottom

$350.00/shipping. No discount for multiples, sorry. No dealer discounts either.
    The parts and services add up to over $600.00 at normal rates.

Notes:

This is a serialized gun part. FFL/4473 required.

You are buying:
    A new blueprinted receiver and bolt
    Installed extractor

Fire control, trigger pins, and other assorted small parts are not included. This is a "builder special"

You must CALL US to complete the order: 605.490.2561 8am-4pm M-F MTN time.

FFL stuff: send a PDF/JPEG of the license to: [email protected]

Include LH M700 in the subject line. Have YOUR NAME included in the email so we can track where and what...

All sales final. No returns. No refunds.

Attachments

• 20200506_095249.jpg
      20200506_095249.jpg
      294.9 KB · Views: 429
    • 20200506_095244.jpg
      20200506_095244.jpg
      265.9 KB · Views: 431
    • 20200506_095223.jpg
      20200506_095223.jpg
      258.2 KB · Views: 399
    • 20200506_095217.jpg
      20200506_095217.jpg
      343 KB · Views: 375
    • 20200506_095213.jpg
      20200506_095213.jpg
      319.4 KB · Views: 374
    • 20200506_095157.jpg
      20200506_095157.jpg
      400.9 KB · Views: 369
    • 20200506_095146.jpg
      20200506_095146.jpg
      410.9 KB · Views: 368
    • 20200506_095149.jpg
      20200506_095149.jpg
      608.7 KB · Views: 355
    • LRI_Remington Blueprinting_client brochure.pdf
      2.2 MB · Views: 176
    Last edited:
    Makes me wish I was a lefty. Actually just kidding but still an awesome deal.

Lefty’s should stop whining for a bit....😀

I just spoke to Chad about an action and a Tac knob install. Reminded me that he is a good dude.....

Reactions: GrantA
    Are they bare or do they have nitrite coating?

They are mostly in the white right off the production floor. A few here n there are coated but marked up. This is inventory that has shuttled around over a span of a few years. Because they came from the production side the bulk of them had never made it finishing/coating. -Another reason why I priced them the way I did.

thats awesome!
    is the bolt handle threaded?

This has me thinking about a .308 to shoot Warner's flatlines out of the Magpul LA mags... Must Resist!!

A little status update:

We are processing the orders and they are shuttling out the door well. I admit to underestimating this a bit. I had around 20 or so combos ready to go. They went much faster than I'd of ever thought.

So, Wednesday and yesterday we were working the 5x pretty hard as ever. Around 30 or so bolts got done and were about 2/3 of the way there on receivers. Those will start processing to head out today as well. Were going to burn some weekend oil and puff up the stockpile a bit so that the waiting is kept to a minimum.

Thank you all for the interest in this and we sincerely appreciate the business!

All the best,

C.

Reactions: z28kid
    Many thanks for all your work on these and this offer for us southpaws!

I just associated "action" with "gun" so thought this was the appropriate section. Truth be told I didn't even realize Frank had a section dedicated to SP's till you said that.

You mentioned a little while back that you wanted to be able to push out 700 actions with the full treatment these lefty action have for around the $500 mark. Is that looking like a concrete possibility?

Hell im a couple weeks into waiting on a full LRI build. Can’t wait. If I was left handed I’d still buy one. Waiting on that stash of model 7’s to hit the market.

Last edited:
    No offense intended here. Just saying if it looks like a duck,(chatter on thread leads)swims like a duck,(thread mill chatter and burrs)and quacks like a duck(using the "F" word in your advertising) then its probably a duck. You posted the photos. All machine work is less than desirable but in reality its probably worth the price. Understanding rigidity and tool pressure are your friends.

1. It's not tool chatter. Have you ever threadmilled anything before? Here's some 101:

You have Arc movements, G2 or G3. Clockwise and Counter Clockwise. When you turn those into a helix you can do it either by splines or by I, J, and K values added to the basic G2/G3.

I run them as splines which means arc motion gets converted into short line segments. That is part of what you are seeing.

2. Single point thread mills vs. thread Hobbs:

A single point thread mill is typically a 3 sided tool that winds the entire length of the thread, start to finish. A Thread hobb will typically only make one or two revs, then its done. This of course depends on the overall thread depth and the LOC of the tool.

A single point thread mill takes longer, but I like it because the tool pressure is the same from the bottom of the hole to the top. A thread hobb in a case like this will either increase or decrease the tool pressure depending on which way you are running it. (climb milling or conventional milling) The issue here becomes less tool pressure on entry when conventional cutting a RH thread or less pressure as the tool starts to exit from the top (climb milling)

What does that spell? It spells a thread that has Hellmouth. AKA, a hole that is tapered like an icecream cone. My threads do not do this.

But you knew that as clearly your a machining Xpert.

As for rigidity. The part is held in a 16C collet and my tools are from Horn USA and mounted in a Parlec shrink fit holder. But again, your clairvoyance obviously already knew that.

Quack away Aflac, lol.

Reactions: LeftyJason
    Thanks for wasting our time trying to convince all here that your a top notch CNC button pushing cowboy. Obviously your still learning kid. Everything from a book and and what others have told you bracing on their opinions instead of forming your own from years of experience. By the way I was machining and and reverse engineering when you were still in diapers and I learned taking short cuts won't get you quality parts our in your case surface finish.
    I would be more than willing to give you a hand solving your machining issues but your bullheadedness would stop you.
    Give yourself a brake, I've had plenty of your type work for me in the past, can't take any type of constructive criticism.
    Thats chatter and those are burrs it can all be resolved but it all gets covered up right?

....and blocked.

I picked mine up yesterday. Unpolished stainless action with a matte black bolt handle. The guy at LRI said he thought that the bolt handle had been parkerized. I had them spiral flute the bolt body for only $30 extra. All of the machine work looks great. I'm happy with it.

Just ordered all my other parts today to complete the "builder's special". Once I've got everything I need, it'll be headed right back to Chad to get a barrel spun on and finished.