• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 1 efile approved Brace Feb 5th file

Not sure that's the case- I batched 9 X coversheets with just 2 fingerprint cards- not 18. I've had 6 of 9 approved so far- 2 in one day last Friday- one bounced because I wasn't paying attention and picked the wrong model from the dropdown- That one I had to resub with another 2 cards.

I personally know 6 other people batched multiple coversheets with one set of cards and they've also had no problem with several approvals.
Maybe the rule changed since the last time I did a form1…🤷

Reactions: Stev0
Such fvcking BS, I sent out my eForm1 for a non brace Feb 3rd, what is that like 105 days now? Buddy of mine has been waiting longer. I know the form 1s are all fuct because of the amnesty and shit.

I screwed up my eform1 2x before my 2/3 submission date and in Dec and Jan got both denials back in 2-3 weeks.

Had to get my local Congressmans involved even though it won't matter, kinda makes me feel a little better.
My Congressmans office lady said they have so many inquires into the ATF already so it would probably be awhile anyways.

I'm in the same boat. Well over three months out (2nd week of February) and no approval. I sent a letter to "ask the experts" asking for them to look into my situation given the abnormal timeframe. I was basically told that asking for an inquiry would delay the process for everyone. Really? Not sure if I should reach out to my senator/congressman at this point or what. Bought a new handgun on Monday so I know there are no issues with the background check.

I'm in the same boat. Well over three months out (2nd week of February) and no approval. I sent a letter to "ask the experts" asking for them to look into my situation given the abnormal timeframe. I was basically told that asking for an inquiry would delay the process for everyone. Really? Not sure if I should reach out to my senator/congressman at this point or what. Bought a new handgun on Monday so I know there are no issues with the background check.
Guy I know filed 10 days before me on Feb 3rd and was approved this morning.

Not sure that's the case- I batched 9 X coversheets with just 2 fingerprint cards- not 18. I've had 6 of 9 approved so far- 2 in one day last Friday- one bounced because I wasn't paying attention and picked the wrong model from the dropdown- That one I had to resub with another 2 cards.

I personally know 6 other people batched multiple coversheets with one set of cards and they've also had no problem with several approvals.

They may be letting it slide, but the instructions are still clear that you need to send one set of cards for each application. I asked the ATF help line person that exact question (when I had called for a related question anyway) and she confirmed that was still the requirement.

Good to know some people are getting away with it (that only makes sense) but I'd hate to be the guy getting stuff rejected because of a simple shortcut like that.

They may be letting it slide, but the instructions are still clear that you need to send one set of cards for each application. I asked the ATF help line person that exact question (when I had called for a related question anyway) and she confirmed that was still the requirement.

Good to know some people are getting away with it (that only makes sense) but I'd hate to be the guy getting stuff rejected because of a simple shortcut like that.
Its not a “shortcut” - I didn’t decide to randomly roll the dice on approval by sending in 2 cards instead of 18….it’s 2 fingerprint cards per responsible person for each “submission” but a “submission” can be as many cover sheets as you can fit in an envelope.
In case you think I’m making this shit up, page 15 of the ATFs instructions:

And for those who don’t want to click :

6FE93566-5515-4F09-AF65-2034445B7ECC.png

Whilst the ATF might not be the paradigm of consistency, I’ll take their written, published instructions over “a lady on the phone”

Last edited:
Reactions: Yondering
Read that article carefully as well as the one on The Firearm Blog because it may only pertain to the plaintiffs. With that said, it's definitely a first step in the right direction.

And my Form 1 approval came in moments ago. Submitted way back on February 11th. My Sig can now be whole again.

Reactions: Yondering
I saw the same thing about it only applying to those specific plaintiffs; seems nonsensical to the common man but we’re in an age when the courts don’t necessarily follow common sense.

3 more submitted for me on these free F1 forms, including a braced 22/45 and a braced Glock. Even if the courts do the right thing, that’ll allow me to use a VFG on the braced pistols (because they’ll be SBRs not pistols, wasn’t sure how to word that).

I would like to salute the 99.4% of patriots out there. 🫡

"When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

Reactions: 30calDeath
I would like to salute the 99.4% of patriots out there. 🫡
Living in fear and ignorance doesn't make someone a patriot, or worthy of admiration. :rolleyes: I'd bet that about 99.2% of those people didn't even know anything about this, and the remainder were wanting to pretend to themselves that the ATF didn't know that we knew exactly what we were building braced pistols for. "HOW DARE THEY say my pistol-that's-not-a-pistol is an SBR!!" LOL

You've claimed to have suppressors yourself, but are acting like you're scared of these free SBR registrations. Not a very logical approach IMO. If you own suppressors, the ATF already has your info, as you know. It sounds more like intentional drama and posturing from where I'm standing.

Living in fear and ignorance doesn't make someone a patriot, or worthy of admiration. :rolleyes: I'd bet that about 99.2% of those people didn't even know anything about this, and the remainder were wanting to pretend to themselves that the ATF didn't know that we knew exactly what we were building braced pistols for. "HOW DARE THEY say my pistol-that's-not-a-pistol is an SBR!!" LOL

You've claimed to have suppressors yourself, but are acting like you're scared of these free SBR registrations. Not a very logical approach IMO. If you own suppressors, the ATF already has your info, as you know. It sounds more like intentional drama and posturing from where I'm standing.
I “claim to have suppressors”… Yeah I do own suppressors, about 11 of them. I’m not scared of a REAL SBR stamp, just these fake ones y’all all are buying into.

Stop justifying your weakness and stupidity. If you weren’t scared, you’d have already paid $200 for a real stamp. Stop pretending like the ones you got are real, they don’t even have a stamp on them. All you have is a signed piece of paper saying that your gun is now legal. That sounds really familiar…Didn’t they do that for 10 years with a brace, sending out signed documents saying they were legal, and then on a whim say it wasn’t legal anymore, and now you’re all criminals? 🤔 What makes you think they won’t do that with your signed piece of paper with no actual tax stamp on it?

6 Eforms 1 individual "brace" filed on 4/25
3 approved on May 17th,18th,26th.
3 still pending.

I “claim to have suppressors”… Yeah I do own suppressors, about 11 of them. I’m not scared of a REAL SBR stamp, just these fake ones y’all all are buying into.

Stop justifying your weakness and stupidity. If you weren’t scared, you’d have already paid $200 for a real stamp. Stop pretending like the ones you got are real, they don’t even have a stamp on them. All you have is a signed piece of paper saying that your gun is now legal. That sounds really familiar…Didn’t they do that for 10 years with a brace, sending out signed documents saying they were legal, and then on a whim say it wasn’t legal anymore, and now you’re all criminals? 🤔 What makes you think they won’t do that with your signed piece of paper with no actual tax stamp on it?

Oh geez. :rolleyes:
Do some research before saying stupid crap like that.

- The stamp is not what makes it legal or not. There's zero justification for that BS, and it shows your ignorance that you still think it's a stamp that you need rather than an approved Form 1 or Form 4. We've already been discussing this here in multiple threads.
- The free Form 1 is a legitimate signed Form 1 registration, same as the $200 versions. Of which I do own a bunch.
- No, the ATF did NOT do that with braces. They sent out acceptance opinion letters, not individual registrations. None of us are getting opinion letters that our AR pistols are now registered SBRs, that's not how it works at all.

SMH. Dang. You'd think someone who owns stamps would take the time to know this stuff a little better, if they did more learning and less talking.

Reactions: Asiparks