• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 efile wait times?

This is what @padom really looks like:

360_F_44155156_XcK3nTNlyudrWK8JLXLV7xgZPSe5TYVr.jpg
now I understand the fast approval time.

Last edited:
Good news. My wait is officially over. Received an approval email this morning.

Submitted 11/10/20
Prints rec’d 11/16/20
Submitted to FBI by the ATF 11/19/20
Approved 4/8/20

now I need to find some parts

Reactions: AMGtuned
Submitted 2/9 and confirmed fingerprints delivered on 2/16. I still don't have an internal control number and obviously no finalized date. What should I do now that I'm 2 months in?

Submitted 2/9 and confirmed fingerprints delivered on 2/16. I still don't have an internal control number and obviously no finalized date. What should I do now that I'm 2 months in?
I ran out of patience and contacted my State Representatives. They asked that I provide a privacy disclosure statement and a description of my problem and send all related docs. This was after several emails to the NFA Branch to see if there was a problem with the application itself.

At 60 days, I'd email the ATF first and inquire about it. If they say it's delayed in FBI BCG, I'd email my rep and see if they can contact the FBI on your behalf. It's ridiculous for a BCG to take months when the same BCG takes 20 minutes or less at the LGS. Just my .02$

Has anyone not received the email with cover letter but gone back in the eFile and found it? That happened to me... I hope I haven’t screwed something up. I just printed it and sent it on in with my fingerprint cards.

I’m no stranger to eForm1 but this last one has me stumped:

Submitted 2/4/21
Payment processed 2/5/21
Prints/cover delivered 2/10/21

I received a “status changed to submitted/in process” email on 3/10/21. But when I checked online it was moved from “Submitted” to “Approved” with an assigned Permit Number dated 3/10/21 but no Tax Stamp when I View Form. Almost 60 days later and still no change. No response to my emails and can’t get anyone to give me a straight answer when I call.

Submitted 2/4/21
Payment processed 2/5/21

I received a “status changed to submitted/in process” email on 3/10/21. But when I checked online it was moved from “Submitted” to “Approved” with an assigned Permit Number dated 3/10/21 but no Tax Stamp when I View Form. Almost 60 days later and still no change. No response to my emails and can’t get anyone to give me a straight answer when I call.

Are you able to download the Form 1? If you haven’t tried that, download it then open it and see what it looks like and check for the stamp and signature.

Reactions: Concrete shooter
My form 1 was submitted on 11/30/20 with finger prints a few days later. Still pending.

I called the ATF and they said they are still waiting on the background check. The longest that I had to wait on a form 1 before this was two months.

I bought two firearms since 11/30/20 through NICS and all approved instantly.

My form 1 was submitted on 11/30/20 with finger prints a few days later. Still pending.

I called the ATF and they said they are still waiting on the background check. The longest that I had to wait on a form 1 before this was two months.

I bought two firearms since 11/30/20 through NICS and all approved instantly.
I have heard that 10% of form 1 go through an extensive background check, don't know the validity of it but I filed in August of 2020 and didn't get approved until last week(April 2021).

I was in the same boat but my timeline is:

Submitted- 3-3-2019
Fingerprints received- 3-6-2019
4-7-2019- still pending

14 day approval didn't happen for me. I have had 1 form 4 and 1 form 1 approved in the last year. 5 forms approved in the last 2 years. The bureaucracy is ridiculous…

Dang. About identical to hk401 above me.

Submitted: 04-07-2021
Fingerprints Received: 4-09-2021
Approved: 05-07-2021

That's 30 days from submission, 28 days from prints received. That's longer than my last one back in November, which was 22 days from submission and 19 days from prints, as I recall.

Just filed for another form 1 suppressor, first one was filed 8-21-2020 approved 4-26-2021, will see if this one goes a little quicker.

Submitted 2/4/21
Payment processed 2/5/21

Check your spam folder for stamp.

Just filed for another form 1 suppressor, first one was filed 8-21-2020 approved 4-26-2021, will see if this one goes a little quicker.

I don't feel so bad now. I've been waiting on mine since they received the fingerprints on 12/7/2020.

Reactions: RanJam
I tried viewing the approval email on my phone and it didn’t even show an attachment. Opened it on my computer and there was the stamped form attached. If you’re checking on your phone, try using a desktop computer just in case

I tried viewing the approval email on my phone and it didn’t even show an attachment. Opened it on my computer and there was the stamped form attached. If you’re checking on your phone, try using a desktop computer just in case
Found my first one in my spam folder.

Well the first two I efiled in January came back right at one month so I put two more in... But this time I used the trust waiver so I didn't even have to include that, it should be faster that way. An approved trust with no changes is good for two years.

We're getting right at one month now.

There really isn't any excuse for it to take longer with an already approved trust in hand. So we'll see.

Finally! I submitted a Form 1 for a suppressor on 11/30/2020. They got my finger prints on 12/7/2020.

The email with the approved from 1 arrived this morning - 179 days after they got the finger prints.

Pardon me while I go to the shop and slip a drill bit into the chuck.

Finally! I submitted a Form 1 for a suppressor on 11/30/2020. They got my finger prints on 12/7/2020.

The email with the approved from 1 arrived this morning - 179 days after they got the finger prints.

Pardon me while I go to the shop and slip a drill bit into the chuck.
Psyched for you! My last wait was 150 days. Caught in FBI purgatory. Silly system. Enjoy drilling and clipping 👍

Reactions: Longshot231
SBR
Individual
June 24 Submitted Pending Research
June 30 Submitted In Process

Will get fingerprints and cover letter sent tomorrow. Hoping for under a month. Not counting on it though.

How do you find out when your finger print cards arrive at ATF. for form -1-
kenner

Finally got my form 1 approval email. Started process 8/15/20 or so, got control number 12/15/20. Approved July 11th 2021. Faster my butt

Noticing a trend.... since the election, things taking much longer.

More people registering fun things

Or...

Gov slow walking applications.

Both?

SBR
Individual
July 24 Approved

The stamp they emailed me has DRAFT across it? My last one didn't have that. Wonder if I need to log in and get the actual stamp.

Last edited:
SBR
Individual
July 24 Approved

The stamp they emailed me has DRAFT across it? My last one didn't have that. Wonder if I need to log in and get the actual stamp.
It should say approved.

It should say approved.
It is signed and checked Approved with stamp. Just has the large watermark they put across the top for all the stages of their applications. This one just says draft for some reason. If the one I pull from my account says draft I'll just call and get it fixed. Just looked at the one I did last year in my email and it doesn't have a watermark. Just looks like a completed form with stamp.

Maybe because it's Saturday. Will check it Monday. All that matters is the form says approved with stamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Longshot231
It is signed and checked Approved with stamp. Just has the large watermark they put across the top for all the stages of their applications. This one just says draft for some reason. If the one I pull from my account says draft I'll just call and get it fixed. Just looked at the one I did last year in my email and it doesn't have a watermark. Just looks like a completed form with stamp.

Maybe because it's Saturday. Will check it Monday. All that matters is the form says approved with stamp.
That's what I got too but I'm told they will send the actual stamp as well. Haven't gotten my stamp yet though, been about 2 weeks since I got the email with the approval and the stamp picture on it

That's what I got too but I'm told they will send the actual stamp as well. Haven't gotten my stamp yet though, been about 2 weeks since I got the email with the approval and the stamp picture on it
I'm pretty sure you aren't sent a stamp. Don't recall getting one from my first form 1.
Also looked into my issue. Need to "Ask the Experts" and they will fix it. However long that will take.

Oh really? Ok then. I'd been told different but if you've done it recently then I'm sure you know what you're talking about

I've done two eFile F1s, including one just approved 2 weeks ago. The PDF attached to the approval email is your stamp. If yours said DRAFT on it, you're still good to go if the 'stamp' watermark is present and the checkbox shows approved with an examiner signature. If you're worried about the DRAFT watermark, you can try doing an 'ask the experts' through the eFile website. You can also look at the PDF in your eFile account and see if the copy there also says draft. If not, download and save that one.

I've done two eFile F1s, including one just approved 2 weeks ago. The PDF attached to the approval email is your stamp. If yours said DRAFT on it, you're still good to go if the 'stamp' watermark is present and the checkbox shows approved with an examiner signature. If you're worried about the DRAFT watermark, you can try doing an 'ask the experts' through the eFile website. You can also look at the PDF in your eFile account and see if the copy there also says draft. If not, download and save that one.
Yeah I will print it out and keep it in the suppressor case and keep another filed , + copy saved. Doesn't matter to me so long as it says "approved "

Last edited:
I just put in two more form1's. I included my UPIN this time so hopefully it's quicker than my last one.

8/5 - Suppressor SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
8/6 - SBR SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
8/9 - Fingerprints delivered to NFA Division