• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 efile wait times?

Where are y’all getting your fingerprint cards from?

I got my cards from my gun shop buddies. They had em for sending in their own form 4's for people buying their suppressors that they make. Then I went to our local police and got them to fingerprint me on 2 cards. Cost $5.00.

I would think whatever local place you deal with would have em and give you a few of em.

I downloaded the fingerprint card from the FBI's website. Then I made a template with all my information on it. That way, I don't have to write it every time.

Whenever I need the cards to submit to the ATF for a Form 1, I print the template out on card stock. Remember to select "actual size" in the options so it's not scaled down to fit the paper.

The template is printed on card stock and I cut it along the dotted lines. I make sure to cut as neatly as possible. Use a paper cutter or fabric cutter instead of scissors to get a perfect cut.

Then I go to the Sheriff's office to get the prints taken. I haven't got to the point that I can use the Dick Tracy Fingerprint Kit from Amazon yet.

One more thing. If you decide to print your own remember to type the following in the block that's labeled ORI:

WVATF0800
ATF-NATL TRA CTR
MARTINSBURG, WV

Here's the link to the FBI finger print card in PDF.

If you want the fingerprint cards sent to you the ATF will mail them free of charge.

EDIT: For everyone's convenience, I've attached the PDF file of the card with the appropriate information in the ORI block.

Attachments

• FD-258 Fingerprint Card TEMPLATE.pdf
    201.5 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Rog2069
Just order them on the BATF website at NO charge to you,includes free shipping! I ordered 20 just because.
Might be a dumb question, but which one did you select. I dont just see FD-258, from drop down menu.

Look at the bottom of the page below where you put your personal information. It's after the question that asks; "Which types of documents would you like to order?"

It's the third box on the right that you need to check.

Yes sir, but you go down below that. It says I have to choose from drop box. Don't knw if you had that. That's what is throwing me off. Maybe just me.

Yes sir, but you go down below that. It says I have to choose from drop box. Don't knw if you had that. That's what is throwing me off. Maybe just me.

It should be the third one. It looks like they changed things a little after I had ordered my cards. I'm pretty sure of this as the last text in last designator in the drop down menu says WVATF0800. This is exactly what appears on the first line of the ORI block in the cards that they sent me.

It should be the third one. It looks like they changed things a little after I had ordered my cards. I'm pretty sure of this as the last text in last designator in the drop down menu says WVATF0800. This is exactly what appears on the first line of the ORI block in the cards that they sent me.
Ok, that's what I was thinking be the LE, threw me off.

An update on my four (4) F1 applications that were filed on 8/28/2020:

1 - Pending Research complete on 9/2/2020; Approved on 9/25/2020
2 - Pending Research complete on 12/8/2020; Approved on 1/12/2021
3 - Pending Research complete on 12/10/2020; not yet Approved
4 - Pending Research got delayed until 12/29/2020 due to what appears to be an eForm issue; not yet Approved

It should be noted that the people processing these forms are working some crazy hours. The person who was corresponding with me about the eForm problem was sending messages at 9PM on a Saturday night, 2AM on Christmas Eve, etc.

EDIT: #3 just got approved about an hour after I posted the above.

Last edited:
Two (2) F1 Apps submitted on 8/24... still pending, no update what so ever. Called in and told it was background check... Emailed the address found here, and nothing, no reply. 142 days and counting.

Two (2) F1 Apps submitted on 8/24... still pending, no update what so ever. Called in and told it was background check... Emailed the address found here, and nothing, no reply. 142 days and counting.
FBI is currently somewhere in August last I checked. Have faith

Reactions: RS250R
First time F1 filer here.
Messed up, what to do?
I did the eforms file, that worked great, after I figured out how to get the browser to scroll sideways on that one form that was wider than my screen.
Submitted OK, subsequently received the email with the completed form and fingerprint submission info.
Two separate .pdf attachments.
Senility boy here clicked on the .pdf to look at the completed form.
Forgot to click on the other .pdf.
Thus, did not sent in the prints & cover page in time.
I did “ask the experts”, no response.
Not worried about the loss of the $200, my “training expense”.
Just want to know:
Do I just abandon the existing, completed form1, start all over on a new one, pay $200, etc.
Is there any way I can easily copy or make the original form1 a template for the next one?

Messed up, what to do?
I did the eforms file, that worked great, after I figured out how to get the browser to scroll sideways on that one form that was wider than my screen.
Submitted OK, subsequently received the email with the completed form and fingerprint submission info.
Just want to know:
Do I just abandon the existing, completed form1, start all over on a new one, pay $200, etc.
Is there any way I can easily copy or make the original form1 a template for the next one?
If it were me, I would give them a call and explained what happened. Then ask them what to do?

Messed up, what to do?
Just want to know:
I've heard of prints going in 3-4 weeks and being approved. Did you send them when you realized the snafu? They will cancel you and refund if the cover letter and prints don't show up

Messed up, what to do?
Just want to know:
If it hasn't been that long I'd send it on now. That stuff is talking forever so it would probably be ok.

I

Thanks, I'll send in the prints tomorrow and see what happens, it's been 3 weeks.

Thanks, I'll send in the prints tomorrow and see what happens, it's been 3 weeks.
It won't hurt and it might go through given how slow the mail is and how backed up they are. With a changing admin to boot, it's damn sure worth a shot

I submitted my first Form 1 for an SBR on 8/17. FBI delay status is what I was told in early October.

Submitted another one on 12/7. Hoping for a little better luck with this one.

FINALLY

E-file Form 1 SBR Individual

Submitted: 8/17/2020
Prints mailed: 8/20/2020
Approved: 01/25/2021

161 days

Submitted: 12/7/2020
Prints mailed: 12/7/2020
Approved: 01/25/2021

49 days

When they approve the Form 1 e-file, do you receive an email with the stamp, or is it mailed in hard form?

Print the original approved copy, in color, on card stock. Voila, you've got your stamp. You should have photocopies of it with you anyway

Submitted individual on 12/12/2020
Was late to send in the prints, did that on 1/14/2021
Received approval & stamp 1/27/2021

First time I have done this, will do more soon, depending on how badly I mangle this pile of Titanium tube & rounds.

Submitted individual on 12/12/2020
Was late to send in the prints, did that on 1/14/2021
Received approval & stamp 1/27/2021

First time I have done this, will do more soon, depending on how badly I mangle this pile of Titanium tube & rounds.
Well, glad you went ahead and sent the cards then after you missed the window. I can't believe that you got it through that quickly, even while missing the window to send cards in, and here the rest of us are waiting still, on stuff submitted in freaking August. Glad for you but I'm jealous.

Yea, happy for you but jealous. It seems like it is absolutely random after seeing this thread, especially recent posts. I’m still waiting since 11/10. I’m submitting a Form 4 this afternoon. I wonder which one will be approved first.

A follow-up - just got an email this morning saying that one of my applications moved to "APPROVED". That's 27 days from e-file to stamp. The three others are still stuck in "Pending Research" purgatory 😞

Today, I received a stamp for the last of the Form 1s that were e-filed on 8/28/20. So that's a range of 27 to 152 days.

Submitted eform 1 suppressor 12/20/20
Sent in fingerprints 12/23/20
Finger prints arrived 1/15/21 -Fuck you post office
Approved 1/25/21

Submitted eform 1 suppressor 12/20/20
Sent in fingerprints 12/23/20
Finger prints arrived 1/15/21 -Fuck you post office
Approved 1/25/21

They still processed your application even though they received the fingerprints outside the ten day window!

Did you do anything else to get them to do that? Phone call or email?

Due to covid, and issues with USPS throughout the holidays and in general; the ATF added some "leniency" to that 10 day window.

They still processed your application even though they received the fingerprints outside the ten day window!

Reactions: Longshot231

Didn't do anything. I read on form 1 suppressor forum that after 30 days they will discard and cancel the form 1.

I would imagine as AMG posted regarding leniency, the ATF probably looks at the postage date on the outside of the package first to make sure its not on our end for the delayed arrival. So long as the postage date is within the 10 days of submitting your form 1 you should be good.

Still, 10 days from prints arrival to approval for my first one is fantastic. It really makes you wonder wtf is going on for the form 4s and the ridiculous wait time. They already had my prints from a previous form 4 so submitting as an individual, maybe that might have made things move along a little faster, I'm not sure.

Didn't do anything. I read on form 1 suppressor forum that after 30 days they will discard and cancel the form 1.

I would imagine as AMG posted regarding leniency, the ATF probably looks at the postage date on the outside of the package first to make sure its not on our end for the delayed arrival. So long as the postage date is within the 10 days of submitting your form 1 you should be good.

Still, 10 days from prints arrival to approval for my first one is fantastic. It really makes you wonder wtf is going on for the form 4s and the ridiculous wait time. They already had my prints from a previous form 4 so submitting as an individual, maybe that might have made things move along a little faster, I'm not sure.

I submitted my Form 1 on 11/30/2020. They got my prints on 12/7/2020. I check the status and they are still processing.

I'll give them another week then make a call.

Two (2) F1 Suppressor Apps submitted on 8/24... still pending, no update what so ever. Called in and told it was background check... Emailed the address found here, and nothing, no reply. 160 days and counting.

Two (2) F1 Suppressor Apps submitted on 8/24... still pending, no update what so ever. Called in and told it was background check... Emailed the address found here, and nothing, no reply. 160 days and counting.
I filed through a Trust 8/22 for (1) F1 Suppressor and was told the same thing today when I called. (Pending)

Reactions: RS250R