Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    E-Filed on the 13th
    Fingerprints on 20th
    Approved on the 31st
    2.5 weeks I'm stoked
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

It'll be 3 months this Friday. Just checked online. No movement, not Disapproved or anything. Still "Submitted/In Process".

What number should I call?

Last edited:
    Reactions: AMGtuned

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    May 6, 2018
    Maine
    You’re right! She just replied. Waiting on FBI.

Yay!
    I hope they get you approved soon, I can assure you once she gets the go ahead from the BI it won't take her long
    Same boat. Have 2 waiting on FBI, applied in June. Emailed with her today, she said all good on their end, "its the FBI" crossing my fingers

Reactions: ButterBean556

phantasm

Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Apr 1, 2004
    WV
    Submitted another eForm 1 on 8/20 for an SBR. I think I uploaded the 24-month exception letter that wasn't signed. Hopefully, the examiner emails me and allows me to correct it instead of just denying it and making me resubmit.

Nodak

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Mar 27, 2019
    Use the "Ask an Expert" tab at the efile homr page and emsil what happened. They then work with you. Otherwise they deny and you start over. Good luck.

8pointer

Major Award Winner
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2018
    Yesterday I submitted eform and mailed cover sheet/prints off so good chance it's there Tuesday morning. 9/3 in the mail....would be fun to see these times go back to the 10 or less

8pointer

Major Award Winner
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2018
    My latest form 1, submitted early August, took 18 days from when I received the cover sheet to when the form was approved.
    Was there any gap b/t receiving cover sheet and approval or did it go out that day? Like that 18 day

ormandj

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 5, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm at just over 4 weeks and still 'pending research'. My eform a month ago, for the same exact thing, went through pending research in a day and was approved fully within 4 weeks.

WDE6mmShooter

Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 21, 2017
    North Alabama
    Was there any gap b/t receiving cover sheet and approval or did it go out that day? Like that 18 day
    I submitted the form on a Friday night then mailed the prints the following week. It took a couple days for the ATF to receive prints then about a week to approve the form. I submitted via trust with 5 RPs.

8pointer

Major Award Winner
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2018
    I submitted the form on a Friday night then mailed the prints the following week. It took a couple days for the ATF to receive prints then about a week to approve the form. I submitted via trust with 5 RPs.
    WDE as in War Damn Eagle?

Reactions: TheHorta

TheHorta

My Member is Full.
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    So is there a new procedure for all of this? It’s been a couple years since I’ve bought any suppressors...
    Same process. Form 4.

This thread’s for Form-1 — build-your-own suppressors / SBR. No transfer.

phantasm

Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Apr 1, 2004
    WV
    eFiled: 8/20/2020
    Approved: 9/8/2020
    Type: Single RP Trust

Total time: 18 days

Filed with the 24-month exemption letter since I've had another Form 1 and two Form 4's submitted and approved this year.

Last edited:

Longshot85

Incognito
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Jan 19, 2011
    eFiled: 8/20/2020
    Approved: 9/8/2020
    Type: Single RP Trust

Total time: 18 days

Filed with the 24-month exception letter since I've had another Form 1 and two Form 4's submitted and approved this year.

Please excuse my ignorance, can you bring me up to speed on what the 24 month exemption letter is?

It's peaking my interest since I have a trust and just had an e-file form1 approved in July and want to do another.......especially if there's something I can do to ease the process of approval .

Thanks

phantasm

Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Apr 1, 2004
    WV
    Please excuse my ignorance, can you bring me up to speed on what the 24 month exemption letter is?

It's peaking my interest since I have a trust and just had an e-file form1 approved in July and want to do another.......especially if there's something I can do to ease the process of approval .

Thanks
    The 24-month exemption letter allows you to not upload your trust if you've had a previous approval and no changes to the trust in the past 24 months. I used the form generator below and had no issues with this approval.

Reactions: Longshot85

SBGreen0369

Trophy Husband
    Hessian
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
  • Jul 18, 2018
    SC
    eFile submitted August 27
    Fingerprint cards mailed August 29
    Approved September 14

SBR, Individual

18 days start to finish

Reactions: Shoots 700's

RanJam

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 14, 2020
    I submitted my form 1 efile August 25th, may have screwed up by using my trust name as manufacturer of the can, still under review with no cover sheet as of yet

joelaw99

Private
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 13, 2007
    ohio
    I filed a eform1 last year and it was approved in 19 days.
    I filed my next one 6-11-20 and it was delayed until 6-17-20, then it went submitted/in process due to me typing form 1 submission instead of using fm1.
    Its been 94 days and atf says its still in process???
    Anybody experiencing wait times like this? I’m in ohio.
    Thanks, joe

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    May 6, 2018
    Maine
    I filed my next one 6-11-20 and it was delayed until 6-17-20, then it went submitted/in process due to me typing form 1 submission instead of using fm1.
    Thanks, joe
    Submitted 2, 6/17, ATF says im all good on their end, trapped in FBI.....

RanJam

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 14, 2020
    Thanks, joe
    Mine from 8/25 shows submitted in process but I emailed them and they say it requires more research.

E. Bryant

Gearhead
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
  • Oct 25, 2010
    MI
    I submitted four Form 1 applications back on 8/28. All of these had custom model names. I got a cover letter for one of them on 9/2; the other three are stuck in "Pending Research". Should I send an email in an attempt to keep things moving, or just be patient? I have no problem with being patient; I just don't want to be waiting another two months and be in the same spot if there's some action that I should be taking now.

PamunkeyHub

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 15, 2020
    Thanks, joe
    Yes. I submitted a SBR eform 1 on 6/18 (prints received the following week) and it's still in process. If you follow the r/NFA thread on Reddit, it looks like some of the early June submissions are finally being cleared.

Kopfjager1

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 12, 2017
    Form 1 E-Form Individual
    Submitted 8/27/20
    Prints and forms mailed the same day
    Approved 9/19/20

8pointer

Major Award Winner
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2018
    Form 1 E-Form Individual
    Submitted 8/27/20
    Prints and forms mailed the same day
    Approved 9/19/20
    Like to read that as I did the same program submitted and mailed prints same day Sept 3rd. My prints arrived in VA on Tuesday the 8th....hope to be over the hump to the downside wait time. Did one in July that was 28 days.

h2oskiier30

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 22, 2020
    I guess mine is on the slow side thus far.

Form 1 E-Form Individual
    Submitted 8/7/20
    Finally received email with cover sheet containing control number 9/14/20
    Mailed prints same day, 9/14/20
    Prints apparently delayed by Hurricane Sally
    Prints received by ATF 9/21/20
    So...the wait is on. Looks like maybe 3-4 weeks now...from viewing others' wait times?
    Is this the stage where they do background check?

8pointer

Major Award Winner
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2018
    Mine just popped this morning so from prints delivered to approved 16 days.

E. Bryant

Gearhead
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
  • Oct 25, 2010
    MI
    I submitted four Form 1 applications back on 8/28. All of these had custom model names. I got a cover letter for one of them on 9/2; the other three are stuck in "Pending Research". Should I send an email in an attempt to keep things moving, or just be patient? I have no problem with being patient; I just don't want to be waiting another two months and be in the same spot if there's some action that I should be taking now.
    A follow-up - just got an email this morning saying that one of my applications moved to "APPROVED". That's 27 days from e-file to stamp. The three others are still stuck in "Pending Research" purgatory 😞

RanJam

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 14, 2020
    A follow-up - just got an email this morning saying that one of my applications moved to "APPROVED". That's 27 days from e-file to stamp. The three others are still stuck in "Pending Research" purgatory 😞
    I was told they were running 3 to 5 weeks behind on pending research, thats where mine is hung up.

E. Bryant

Gearhead
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
  • Oct 25, 2010
    MI
    I was told they were running 3 to 5 weeks behind on pending research, thats where mine is hung up.
    This isn't surprising. I'm just unclear as to why one went through so fast and the other three have languished, considering that all four had custom model names.

Will stand by patiently. Not like I have the time to apply carbide to titanium and stainless right now anyways 😳

RanJam

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 14, 2020
    This isn't surprising. I'm just unclear as to why one went through so fast and the other three have languished, considering that all four had custom model names.

Will stand by patiently. Not like I have the time to apply carbide to titanium and stainless right now anyways 😳
    Filed mine 8/25 through a trust with my son, still pending research so I feel your pain lol.

Reactions: E. Bryant

Beseekersap

Private
    Hessian
    Minuteman
    Aug 6, 2020
    Day 47 of pending research for me, Custom model name ect. Anyone have any idea who to reach out too?
    Eform question leads to a generic response (applications are reviewed in the order they are received.)

RanJam

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 14, 2020
    Day 47 of pending research for me, Custom model name ect. Anyone have any idea who to reach out too?
    Eform question leads to a generic response (applications are reviewed in the order they are received.)
    Put your question on ask the experts, thats how I found out they were 3 to 5 weeks behind on pending research last week.

Beseekersap

Private
    Hessian
    Minuteman
    Aug 6, 2020
    I did that and clicked the Nfa questions section (eform 1) and was just told they are done in the order they are received.