• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 efile wait times?

So the bottom line; Did they send you a new/revised From 1 and Tax Stamp? Or are you good to go with the From 1 (with error) and the letter from the ATF?

They did not send me a new/revised Form 1 and Tax Stamp. I am good to go with the original Form 1 and the ATF letter stating that the registry has been updated.

Reactions: Longshot231
On Friday the 12th, ( 8 Days ) I received the email that NFA had accepted that there could be a .30 caliber version of that model # and sent a Cover Letter for the fingerprint cards. So, off to the Post Office I went with the fingerprint cards stapled to the cover letter.
USPS tracking shows the package at the Post office in Martinsburg, but hasn't been picked up yet.
I'm hoping they can get them in the system this time and approve my application...

According to USPS Tracking, fingerprint cards were picked up on June 15th, and I got my stamp this morning - July 7th 22 Calendar Days, 15 Working days from the receipt of Fingerprint cards.
Let the Drilling and Milling Begin !!

Submitted efile: 06 June 2020

Sent in prints incorrectly with copy of submission 10june2020

Realized what I did and ordered prints from silencerhsop 17 June 2020 and remailed around 22 June

Approved: 05July 2020 with custom model number

So around 30 days
-with my screw up on sending prints in with draft of submission vs actual cover letter

I called ATF after my screw up, which resulted in answer of "send in new cop of prints with cover and you may want to email General inquiries with your situation"

I never sent in email, just sent in cover letter with new prints from silencershop.

I used silencerhsop kiosk a while ago to setup prints from them (my trust in through them as well)

Just giving a heads up on what worked from me and where I screwed up.

Biggest pain was ATF site in general and condensing files to single PDF file per file. I had to use a 7 day free trial of full blown adobe mobile to get trust (8 pages) to get each scanned page with each being own pdf file to condense into one single pdf file.

I used my note 10 to take selfie for picture.

Good luck to all hit me up with any questions. I don't claim to be an expert but can save some unneeded headache to new users.

What the fuck is up with the ATF Efile website ? .
I filled out 2 eforms this morning . got all way to end on both . One just dropped internet connection before finishing . Then on 2nd try, I finish and Got the 'Big Green Bar ' and all looks good on one Form1 . Then went to look at draft on it, it all looks great , and then there system drops internet connection .

Now I have 2 drafts sitting there in the Efile system. So I log-in tonight and try 8 fucking times to load one of the 2 form1 Drafts . I push edit on the drafts and there system just spins in limbo loading forever nothing . I cant edit my files, or finish them, and I can not delete them, ATF system lets me Log-In, but just does nothing and never loads a fucking thing ?

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I filled out 2 eforms this morning . got all way to end on both . One just dropped internet connection before finishing . Then on 2nd try, I finish and Got the 'Big Green Bar ' and all looks good on one Form1 . Then went to look at draft on it, it all looks great , and then there system drops internet connection .

Now I have 2 drafts sitting there in the Efile system. So I log-in tonight and try 8 fucking times to load one of the 2 form1 Drafts . I push edit on the drafts and there system just spins in limbo loading forever nothing . I cant edit my files, or finish them, and I can not delete them, ATF system lets me Log-In, but just does nothing and never loads a fucking thing ?

Try using a different browser. Sometimes Chrome works and sometimes it doesn’t. Then use Edge or internet explorer.

The next day Edge and IE won’t work. Then you have to go back to using Chrome.

I had exact same thoughts......for about a month back feb-march I tried every laptop, tablet, iPhone, android phone ....chrome,Firefox IE and edge...updated Java on everything i could etc. I went as far as sending PM's to guys that I knew had forms for through.

It's ATF's website

Just keep on trying man. I literally sat down one Saturday June 6th and was hell bent on getting a form through before sunset.

I know it sucks to hear but just keep trying

Last edited:
Recently got my first form 1 efile approved after 3 weeks. Took a few tries to get through their website.
I received an email saying I needed a correction. After fixing my spelling error and responding that the correction has been submitted I had approval 20 minutes later.

Yes the website can be a pain in the ass but it beats waiting a year.

I had exact same thoughts......for about a month back feb-march I tried every laptop, tablet, iPhone, android phone ....chrome,Firefox IE and edge...updated Java on everything i could etc. I went as far as sending PM's to guys that I knew had forms for through.

It's ATF's website

Just keep on trying man. I literally sat down one Saturday June 6th and was hell bent on getting a form through before sunset.

I know it sucks to hear but just keep trying
-
Using chome/firefox , Will try another browser today . I actually have a real life. So I walk into this prepared . got serial # and manufacture name all wrote down on card, with stack of print cards and jpg file with photo all ready to go . HOURS go by and It just a long endless road to Nowhere . I just cant believe that this is the normal for a streamline Gov. website handling public traffic . It's just a simple 20 minute form to fill For God sake, it's the year 2020 .

WOW what an ordeal and I still not done, even though I payed . I finally got ( 1 ) of the approved draft done and paid for with the pop-up Pay Window . but Now What do I do ? .. because I am locked-out .

I was so disgusted with my attempts the other day, I did nothing yesterday, but today I went back in to ATF website for another go .
The problem today was .. . Even though I had the big green 'approved finished' . AFT site refused to bring up the 'Pay Window' with me using my Hm. PC.

So I went and used my wife's Book with Chrome , logged-in and navigated threw . and then ATF Site gave me a 'pay window' to pop-up . and I payed my Tax . and I also got a email confirmation that I did pay sent to my hm. email .

So I closed the book with Chrome after Pay was completed . and went back to my Hm. PC . Tried to log-in .. BUT for some reason now I am Locked Out of the AFT website and can't get enter . It wont let me Log-In .
It telling me I have made to many attempts to log-in . Even though I only attempted to log the One time .
----
So question ? .. what else am I missing if I cant Log back in to the ATF Site ? , I cant get back in to look at anything .
I got only 10 days from now, I need to mail in my Print Cards in there on that form . Am I suppose to have a control# or E-file # or something else that needs to accompany my Prints mail-in ?

They will email you a cover sheet and copy of your application. Print cover sheet, attach to prints, mail to WV

Reactions: softcock
Thanks ...
so today being Saturday, so 'hopefully' I probably will get cover sheet and copy till Monday . I hope the next one goes smoother than this .

I already have a few stamps now, done old school mail-in, but done back years ago. back then I never waited more than 6 and 8 weeks for a stamp . Seems things went much smoother back then for me, than now with this new fast track e-form . Never had this much time and problem in life trying to pay for something and do the right thing .

I had the total opposite. My filing experience was easy and streamlined. It felt intimidating going in, because of all the hype surrounding it, but really wasnt bad. Follow the directions, and I was good. Had payment receipt, and atf emails containing both cover letters, and apps, before I logged out of their site. When you can log back in, look for "submitted/in process", then you should have your email. I'm at 23 calendar days, 17 after prints recieved.

Aargh...I just looked at the form 1 I submitted 3 June and saw that I didn't select the No FFL block, so that's why I'm thinking I haven't gotten the approval. Any suggestions on what to do now? I really don't want to start the process over again if I don't have to.

thanks for any advice

Form 1 was submitted April 2020 for SBR. I am still waiting. I messaged "Ask the Experts." The ATF stated they are waiting on my FBI background check to come back. Well, I have three cans. What the..... I am having issues why some people get it in a couple weeks and others are having to wait longer. I had my e-forms in before the great pandemic. Ok, done crying. Just needed to vent.

Sent mine in through the ATFE Efile site. Individual. Paid. Put in a new model number and listed myself as manufacturer. It is currently shown as "Pending Research" Hasn't really been that long, a week and a half. Anyone have insights as to the path forward I may be on? Have 3 cans through previous individual form 4's.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Form 1 was submitted April 2020 for SBR. I am still waiting. I messaged "Ask the Experts." The ATF stated they are waiting on my FBI background check to come back. Well, I have three cans. What the..... I am having issues why some people get it in a couple weeks and others are having to wait longer. I had my e-forms in before the great pandemic. Ok, done crying. Just needed to vent.

One thing i can say is my job probably made the background check go super fast. I am not going into specifics but some of us work places that may or may not be TS or lower clearance and would make a background check clear really fast.

Reactions: Cuban Croc
I have pretty good credentials. That said.... no love. FBI sends me background checks to determine whether certain people should be allowed to buy a firearm. Isn’t it ironic... don’t you think? -Alanis Morissette. Oh well, it is what it is. No special privileges for me. My understanding is the FBI is running behind do to the increase of the pandemic/rioting buying frenzy....or if my crazy father won’t stop posting crazy shit on Facebook. I dunno. 🤣

Sent mine in through the ATFE Efile site. Individual. Paid. Put in a new model number and listed myself as manufacturer. It is currently shown as "Pending Research" Hasn't really been that long, a week and a half. Anyone have insights as to the path forward I may be on? Have 3 cans through previous individual form 4's.

Thank you,
MrSmith
Your own model number/name will get you put in pending. They have to "approve" your choice. You may or may not get an email requesting any more information. Others have had good luck with the "ask the experts " tab and sending an email. I have also read and heard that it just works itself out and switches to submitted/in process within a couple weeks

Reactions: MrSmith
ATF suspended eFile for select form 1s filed thru efile. Just got notice from silencershop yesterday. That means if you’ve been waiting like me, you will have to start the process over

Last edited:
ATF suspended eFile for form 1s. Just got notice from silencershop yesterday. That means if you’ve been waiting, you will have to start the process over without eFile.
Wow that's weird my buddy submitted and paid for his last night about 10pm. When did this suspension take place? What's equally weird is efile site is still up and running right now.

Reactions: AMGtuned
ATF suspended eFile for form 1s. Just got notice from silencershop yesterday. That means if you’ve been waiting, you will have to start the process over without eFile.

I have one application that is still outstanding. I don't see how they can make me start the process all over again because I've already paid the $200 for the tax stamp.

Link?

Also going to look for confirmation. I'm 28 days in on 2

Are you sure you are not confusing that with Silencer Shop's ill fated 'Form 1 Service' which they never got back running b/c of a form issue on their end? I think they pulled the plug on that 100%.

Are you sure you are not confusing that with Silencer Shop's ill fated 'Form 1 Service' which they never got back running b/c of a form issue on their end? I think they pulled the plug on that 100%.

That may be a major part of it but the text read “disapprove select eForm-1 applications”. I’ll modify my post to not sound polarizing

That may be a major part of it but the text read “disapprove select eForm-1 applications”. I’ll modify my post to not sound polarizing
Can you just post the mail here? I'm curious what the heck they are talking about....seems odd.

We are writing to give you a detailed update on Silencer Shop’s e-Form 1 service and ATF’s decision to disapprove select e-Form 1 applications. We sincerely regret having to deliver such unpleasant news. Make no mistake, Silencer Shop is challenging ATF’s decision. In the meantime, we want to make sure you have the most up-to-date information, and understand how we plan to move forward.

BACKGROUND

Nearly two years ago, ATF declared that uploading a signed Form 1 and Power of Attorney in e-Forms was not sufficient to serve as an electronic certification. ATF determined to temporarily disapprove approximately 600 e-Form 1 submissions in process at the time.

Then, in February 2019, ATF proposed a new process that allowed us to populate the e-Form 1 and hand the account off to the customer for final certification and submission. The 600 temporary disapprovals were resolved and nearly 1,000 e-Form 1’s have since been submitted by Silencer Shop and approved by ATF using that process.

Earlier this year, due to high demand we decided to offer the service more widely to our customers once again. We submitted a small batch and then had a conference call with ATF to confirm everything was OK. We explained our process clearly. ATF raised no issues or objections. Our submitted forms were being approved, so we submitted a second batch.

When we realized the processing of some of our submissions was being delayed, we reached out to ATF, asking for an explanation. For two months ATF could not identify any problems with the applications. When we wrote and called, ‎they ensured there was no problem. On May 19, ATF stated they were experiencing “delays due to Covid.” On June ‎‎5, ATF stated their NFA division was “overwhelmed” due to the “civil unrest.”‎ More than 2 months later, ATF finally responded. The result: disapproving an unknown number of applications and citing an issue that directly contradicts their prior express, written guidance, without any opportunity to discuss or reconcile amicably.

We fully intend to challenge this baffling decision; in the meantime, we will continue moving forward with our resolution.

RESOLUTION

Beginning this week, your e-Form 1 tax stamp and service fee will be refunded.

While this does not make up for lost time, we will stay committed to serving you as best we can throughout this process.

Over the next few days:

• We will begin processing refunds for all impacted e-Form 1 submissions. Please be patient as it may take a few days to complete this process.
  • We will be sending all pertinent information relating to your submission, including firearm details, photos, trust, etc. This will be sent via email to all impacted customers.
If you want to submit a Form 1 to ATF on your own instead of waiting for a resolution:

• As previously mentioned, you will receive everything you need for the submission via email to assist in the process.
  • After your submission, expect to receive a coversheet with a barcode from the ATF requesting your fingerprints (this can take several days). If you would like Silencer Shop to provide a new set of fingerprint cards free of charge, please forward the coversheet supplied by ATF to [email protected] with the subject “e-Form 1 Coversheet Resubmission.”
  • We will let you know when the fingerprint cards and coversheet have been mailed to NFA for your submission.
If you choose to wait to resubmit until the issue is resolved with ATF:

• We will waive your Form 1 service fee and will pay a portion of the tax stamp for submission of the same item.
Silencer Shop is dedicated to using our resources to resolve this issue in a way that is best for our customers. Thank you for trusting in us as we navigate these waters. We are communicating everything we can at this time; and, as we can shed more light on this, we will. Silencer Shop is the company that it is because of our customers, and we will continue to do everything in our power to protect your rights.

Sincerely,
Silencer Shop

We are writing to give you a detailed update on Silencer Shop’s e-Form 1 service and ATF’s decision to disapprove select e-Form 1 applications. We sincerely regret having to deliver such unpleasant news. Make no mistake, Silencer Shop is challenging ATF’s decision. In the meantime, we want to make sure you have the most up-to-date information, and understand how we plan to move forward.

BACKGROUND

Nearly two years ago, ATF declared that uploading a signed Form 1 and Power of Attorney in e-Forms was not sufficient to serve as an electronic certification. ATF determined to temporarily disapprove approximately 600 e-Form 1 submissions in process at the time.

Then, in February 2019, ATF proposed a new process that allowed us to populate the e-Form 1 and hand the account off to the customer for final certification and submission. The 600 temporary disapprovals were resolved and nearly 1,000 e-Form 1’s have since been submitted by Silencer Shop and approved by ATF using that process.

Earlier this year, due to high demand we decided to offer the service more widely to our customers once again. We submitted a small batch and then had a conference call with ATF to confirm everything was OK. We explained our process clearly. ATF raised no issues or objections. Our submitted forms were being approved, so we submitted a second batch.

When we realized the processing of some of our submissions was being delayed, we reached out to ATF, asking for an explanation. For two months ATF could not identify any problems with the applications. When we wrote and called, ‎they ensured there was no problem. On May 19, ATF stated they were experiencing “delays due to Covid.” On June ‎‎5, ATF stated their NFA division was “overwhelmed” due to the “civil unrest.”‎ More than 2 months later, ATF finally responded. The result: disapproving an unknown number of applications and citing an issue that directly contradicts their prior express, written guidance, without any opportunity to discuss or reconcile amicably.

We fully intend to challenge this baffling decision; in the meantime, we will continue moving forward with our resolution.

RESOLUTION

Beginning this week, your e-Form 1 tax stamp and service fee will be refunded.

While this does not make up for lost time, we will stay committed to serving you as best we can throughout this process.

Over the next few days:

• We will begin processing refunds for all impacted e-Form 1 submissions. Please be patient as it may take a few days to complete this process.
  • We will be sending all pertinent information relating to your submission, including firearm details, photos, trust, etc. This will be sent via email to all impacted customers.
If you want to submit a Form 1 to ATF on your own instead of waiting for a resolution:

• As previously mentioned, you will receive everything you need for the submission via email to assist in the process.
  • After your submission, expect to receive a coversheet with a barcode from the ATF requesting your fingerprints (this can take several days). If you would like Silencer Shop to provide a new set of fingerprint cards free of charge, please forward the coversheet supplied by ATF to [email protected] with the subject “e-Form 1 Coversheet Resubmission.”
  • We will let you know when the fingerprint cards and coversheet have been mailed to NFA for your submission.
If you choose to wait to resubmit until the issue is resolved with ATF:

• We will waive your Form 1 service fee and will pay a portion of the tax stamp for submission of the same item.
Silencer Shop is dedicated to using our resources to resolve this issue in a way that is best for our customers. Thank you for trusting in us as we navigate these waters. We are communicating everything we can at this time; and, as we can shed more light on this, we will. Silencer Shop is the company that it is because of our customers, and we will continue to do everything in our power to protect your rights.

Sincerely,
Silencer Shop
Reads pretty straight forward to me: the SS e-Form debacle continued. Not seeing how this effects anyone using e-File ATF on their own though.

I couldn’t make the distinction between silencershop service and plain efile when I read it. To me, it looked like efile was down

Appears that was just SS customers. Glad I used ATF service

It totally reads as a Silencer Shop issue not an ATF.Gov site issue.
That's why the email came from SS, not the ATF.

April 2020 and still waiting. Submitted/In Progress. Killing me. I know it isn't a big deal in the scheme of life....but what the heck. The "Experts" stated they are waiting for my backgroung check from the FBI. I just want my stamps within the next 80 days. 😏

I got a question. I submitted 3 Form 1 E-Files yesterday,paid the tax on all 3,and evidently everything went through OK. I received 3 emails for my payments and 3 emails that are copies of my applications,but I haven't gotten any emails for my cover sheets.
How long do I have to wait to get them? I thought I'd get the cover sheets after I sent in the tax stamp payments.
Do I need to call them or email them about it?

I've never done an E-file Form 1,so I don't know how long it should take to get the cover letter's so I can mail them my fingerprint cards.

I got a question. I submitted 3 Form 1 E-Files yesterday,paid the tax on all 3,and evidently everything went through OK. I received 3 emails for my payments and 3 emails that are copies of my applications,but I haven't gotten any emails for my cover sheets.
How long do I have to wait to get them? I thought I'd get the cover sheets after I sent in the tax stamp payments.

I've never done an E-file Form 1,so I don't know how long it should take to get the cover letter's so I can mail them my fingerprint cards.

It may take a few days till you get your cover sheets.

Reactions: Txhillbilly

I waited a day and went back to my form 1 on the e-file system. You can go back and look at yours, and I went all the way to the end where the documents are and the Cover Sheet was in there. I printed it off and sent in my fingerprints the next day. About 4-5 days later, I got my cover sheet in my email.

Try what I did.

I just filed 2 form 1s today,payed, submitted, And got the cover letters within minutes.. all on my iPhone.. however the covers letters don’t show up on the email app . You have to login in to your email via browser the see the letter. Just my experience...

Question for you guys, this is the first time I have submitted a form 1.

I submitted it and payed on Monday, the only email I got from them was payment confirmation Was I supposed to get anything else emailed to me? Haven’t received a cover letter in the mail yet.

I just realized that I sent the unsigned copy of my 24-month exemption letter. Hopefully, they contact me instead of just cancelling it and making me start over. lol.

Question for you guys, this is the first time I have submitted a form 1.

I submitted it and payed on Monday, the only email I got from them was payment confirmation Was I supposed to get anything else emailed to me? Haven’t received a cover letter in the mail yet.
Jump on your ATF account, and see what it indicates next to "my forms". If it says, "Submitted/In Process" you should have got a cover letter. It wil be with your forms. If you used a custom model number, or a number of other reasons uncle sugar can come up with, you may be under review. Takes a couple weeks from what I've seen

Reactions: Dryan910
It says submitted/in process. Below it says. I current alerts. When I view the form I can see both an ATF copy water marked “submitted” and a CLEO copy. Just don’t see any kind of cover letter.

If the copies are marked submitted, and it says in process, you should have a cover letter. Email the ask the expert tab and see, if you can't find it under your forms. My emails came through with 2 attachments. Check your spam folder too. You only have 10 days from submission to send prints/cover letter. Good luck, welcome to your new addiction

If the copies are marked submitted, and it says in process, you should have a cover letter. Email the ask the expert tab and see, if you can't find it under your forms. My emails came through with 2 attachments. Check your spam folder too. You only have 10 days from submission to send prints/cover letter. Good luck, welcome to your new addiction

Will do. Thanks

I couldnt see the attachments on my phone but they are there on a actual computer so I would check that as well. Mine were there immediately when submitted. My last Form 1 (done last month) came back approved in 14 days. I just used one of the 100s of models already in the system which was actually almost exactly what I had planned on making up. It did take a couple hours screwing with the system to get it to go through all the way, kept getting hung up at the same spot.

I just submitted six (6) Form-1’s last night — Friday, June 5 — 4x silencer + 2x SBR.

Start the countdown. I’ll report back the moment I get the email approval notice(s).

I did goof on the first two. I accidentally did NOT check the “No FFL” box on the first page (I’m an idiot). I think they’ll likely deny those.

Still "In process" as-of today -- over 2.5 months now -- NADA.

@TheHorta

I feel your pain. I am still waiting too! ATF states they are waiting for my FBI background check. That said, I have 4 cans. I would state there should be no issues w/the background check.

Reactions: TheHorta
I just realized that I sent the unsigned copy of my 24-month exemption letter. Hopefully, they contact me instead of just cancelling it and making me start over. lol.

They will not contact you. If something is incorrect or missing and you don't contact them, it'll get denied.