• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Form 1 reply time...are they even processing them now?

DPS03

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2020
Is it just bad luck on my part, or have things slowed down this badly?

I created the request on 10/13/2020
It said it was finally submitted on 02/18/2021

Why it took them so long to move it from created to submitted I don't know.

Anyway, it's been six weeks since they moved it to submitted status, and over five months overall, and still nothing.

Other folks seeing the same?

Set up an online account on atfeformsonline.gov - follow the directions ( and there is a You Tube video out there on how to do it ), insert your Form 1 info - upload a digital photo ( I use the 2X2 phone app ) - submit your credit card info for payment - and hit "send ".
It will send a cover letter and control number to your assigned email account - print these and submit ( snail mail ) along with your 2 fingerprint cards.
I had my last approved e-file form 1 back in 13 days.
Simply joyous.

Yes, they have slowed. I did about 5 last year and the longest wait was one month. I submitted one this January and am still waiting.

Is it just bad luck on my part, or have things slowed down this badly?

I created the request on 10/13/2020
It said it was finally submitted on 02/18/2021

Why it took them so long to move it from created to submitted I don't know.

Anyway, it's been six weeks since they moved it to submitted status, and over five months overall, and still nothing.

Other folks seeing the same?

Were you in research? I did one in October that didnt go to submitted until late January. Normal 30 days from there. If you're making something that's not on the drop down (model or caliber) it can trigger the research. In my case it was an SBR in .22. Drop down had the model but not the caliber, so off to research for 60-90 days. Once you submit the prints they seem to be running the standard times.

Were you in research? I did one in October that didnt go to submitted until late January. Normal 30 days from there. If you're making something that's not on the drop down (model or caliber) it can trigger the research. In my case it was an SBR in .22. Drop down had the model but not the caliber, so off to research for 60-90 days. Once you submit the prints they seem to be running the standard times.

It never said it was in research.

I want to build a suppressor for a 6.5 Creedmoor. Can't recall if that was on the dropdown or not.