• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pistol Brace Form-1 Wait Times

My understanding is the braces aren't banned themselves( unlike bump stocks).....they are just being treated like regular stocks now.....

So install on a pistol will create an unregistered SBR, just like a normal stock would

But theoretically install on a rifle would be fine ......but dealing with the ATF who fucking has a clue?.
I went back to the original thread.
The ATF says that they are to be removed or turn in the pistol equipped with a brace to the ATF.
Since you can change an upper in about one minute this is retarded

I attended one of the ATF webinars for FFLs when the rule was announced. At that time, braces were to be treated no differently than a stock, so there was no need to destroy or turn them in. The agent on the call did hint at constructive possession, and stated that if the brace was removed to achieve compliance then it should not be stored "nearby" the pistol from which it came. How close is too close? Wasn't specified, of course.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I attended one of the ATF webinars for FFLs when the rule was announced. At that time, braces were to be treated no differently than a stock, so there was no need to destroy or turn them in. The agent on the call did hint at constructive possession, and stated that if the brace was removed to achieve compliance then it should not be stored "nearby" the pistol from which it came. How close is too close? Wasn't specified, of course.
In TN it's against the hunting regulations to hunt over bait. When asked for a set distance from a bait location that you could hunt. They wouldn't give one. When asked if your neighbor is feeding wildlife how far away is legal? They wouldn't say. Best thing that you could get out of them was, to be determined on a case by case situation. Then they were questioned that your neighbor could prevent you from hunting on your own property because they feed wildlife and they would not give you a distance. They were then asked if your neighbor is anti hunting would they charge the neighbor for hunter harassment for feeding near the property line. They said probably not.
Gotta love it when the government is ambiguous and can destroy your life because they are

I'm sure this comes as no shock to to the enlightened here.....
This entire thread is bait.

This isn't the first time the OP has been on the "sensible and reasonable" side of an argument.
I know ... guilty as charged ... "sensible and reasonable" is a critical character fault of mine. I try to be "irrational and unreasonable" ... but I admittedly struggle with that.

Reactions: jr81452
What did you do with the brace that you removed?
Kept 'em ... so I can revert back or reconfigure if I want to, or if the law/regulation takes an unexpected turn. I can see a possible scenario where (a) the conditional approval is revoked and I have to either pay the fee, or revert. I never throw anything away. I'm kind of a gun-parts pack-rat.

So you were issued a stamp the very second the ATF issued their ruling?

Or were you in possession of a now illegal SBR for a period of time before submitting and being granted your tax stamp?

Unless you had that stamp the second their new ruling went into effect, you applying for a "tax free stamp" is a defacto admission you were in possession of an illegal SBR.

Stop thinking like the ATF is a rational and well meaning institution....they are psychotically analytical with a history of murderous intent over petty reasons, and will look for any loophole they can to fuck you over.

The ATF is that coworker of yours who read 'The Prince' once in highschool....and now looks for any reason to fuck you over because he thinks it makes him look better and more competent.

You make a typo, he tells the boss.
You spend and extra 2 minutes on break, he tells the boss.
You tells joke, he takes "offense" and tells the boss.

....that is the ATF.....
Have you read the regulation? I have ... several times, and it says nothing remotely resembling what your stating. Any braced pistol submitted properly and within the defined grace period, is fully compliant, and no enforcement of the final rule was possible prior to the end of that 90-days. Now if you get (got) to the end of that period without either (1) submitting a Form-1, (2) destroying the weapon, (3) surrendering the weapon, (4) removing the brace, or (5) bringing the barrel length into 16" compliance ... well ... at that "very second", the regulation describes you as being in illegal possession of an unregistered SBR.

The only time there's a "very second" (as you described above) where you're operating illegally, is if you get one second past the grace period without submitting a Form-1, properly modifying, surrendering, or destroying what will then be an unregistered SBR.

Pal.....that "grace period" is a matter of policy.....not law passed by congress.

A policy that can be changed at a whim by the ATF.....and we all knew how reliable the ATF is at being consistent with their policies.
Buddy ... being in full compliance with the regulation and having the remote possibility of improper ATF enforcement, is way better than being out of compliance and being in a place where they are fully authorized to enforce the regulation.

If the ATF came after me while I was in full compliance, or changed the "policy" mid-stream and without providing reasonable time to adjust and come into any updated compliance (the scenario you're describing) ... well ... let's just say my lawyer would certainly enjoy winning that case.

BTW ... the actual reality here is that the ATF followed this rule properly, and did not initiate any enforcement prior to the end of the grace period.

They also have not taken any enforcement action (that I'm aware of) against any individuals or groups that were covered under the various injunctive reliefs dictated by several courts around the country.

But I'm sure you're right ... I should have just done nothing, hidden my non-compliant braced pistols, and prayed for God to protect me from the money-grubbing freedom-hating heathen heretical barbarians at the ATF. 🙏

Reactions: jr81452
Well I can't make you understand....I can just explain the shit sandwich you walked into.

I will advise you talk to a lawyer sooner rather than later...

.....and you know,see if you can take a life insurance policy out on your dog.
The sandwich is called "lawful compliance".
My lawyer verified that I've properly complied with the regulation.
And it's my wife's dog ... I don't particularly like him anyway.

• Love
Reactions: 1911hombre
Well I can't make you understand....I can just explain the shit sandwich you walked into.

I will advise you talk to a lawyer sooner rather than later...

.....and you know,see if you can take a life insurance policy out on your dog.
Just out of morbid curiosity ... please advise me on what you believe I should have done with my three braced AR's, as an alternative to following the regulation and submitting my now-approved Form-1's.

What should I have done? What did (would) you do to avoid your aforementioned "shit sandwich"?

I stated a while ago....

Take the brace off and ditch it.

If you wanted an SBR, pay the $200 and register it.

But don't fall for the obvious honey trap that requires you to admit to owning unregistered SBRs and receive non-legally binding "amnesty"....
Take the brace off and ditch it ... or pay $600 instead of leveraging three free SBR conversions.
Um ... well ... that's certainly standing up to "The Man".
I mean, it's not like you're "rolling over" and doing what you're told.
You're very brave. Thanks for the advice.

• Haha
Reactions: jr81452 and AZLong
Ok bot.......120posts in 10 years.....yeah what a contribution you bring to this table.....

STFU glownigger.....

Doc
It seems we have a transsexual member here. Apparently saved the amputated dick and taught it to type. Outstanding.

so you joined 3 years ago....and your first post is to shit talk someone calling out a suspected glowie?.....

gotta defend your brethren eh?
I am not defending anyone, and doubt anyone here requires it. It would seem YOU are

R.2cf6e2541c28399c7f31b9f4ccdd486f
I my gosh, I AM sorry. I didn't know.

bold take coming from the man who admitted to committing several felonies to save a few hundred bucks.
Wow ... you actually believe that following the rule and legally SBR'ing my pistol braces, is somehow admitting to a felony. All this time, I thought you were kidding, or trolling, or bored, or lonely. But now I'm actually convinced that you really believe that silliness. The fact that you don't have a braced pistol to register, makes your perspective especially interesting. God bless you buddy ... you be you.

Ummmmm yup.....because that's kind of how amnesties work...

You have to commit a crime to be offered amnesty

We've already been over this.
I ask again ... have you actually read the final rule? I have, and I just did a search and verified what I thought ... the word "amnesty" isn't used and doesn't appear anywhere in the rule. It talks about "grace period" twice and "NFA Registration" a whole bunch of times, but never uses the word "amnesty" or any synonym of it, and it never invokes breaking any law until it talks about maintaining the brace in service "after" the 90-day registration period and without registering in compliance with the rule. I'm not arguing, because I don't want to look retarded, but I thought that the actual terminology was important to understand ... don't you?

Give it up, Rusty. He's convinced he's right and he's amazingly stubborn. All that will happen is that you'll be called a retard. Some arguments are best just walked away from shaking your head.

I ask again ... have you actually read the final rule? I have, and I just did a search and verified what I thought ... the word "amnesty" isn't used and doesn't appear anywhere in the rule. It talks about "grace period" twice and "NFA Registration" a whole bunch of times, but never uses the word "amnesty" or any synonym of it, and it never invokes breaking any law until it talks about maintaining the brace in service "after" the 90-day registration period and without registering in compliance with the rule. I'm not arguing, because I don't want to look retarded, but I thought that the actual terminology was important to understand ... don't you?

Give it up, Rusty. He's convinced he's right and he's amazingly stubborn. All that will happen is that you'll be called a retard. Some arguments are best just walked away from shaking your head.
He is right, because he says so. And if you disagree, you are a federal agent lying in wait to swoop in. It is really quite simple to understand.

You're right of course ... reminds me of the old adage: "No one is quite so blind, as he who refuses to see."

Reactions: AZLong and jr81452
I'm not AI nor a "glowie" and I think the "you're an admitted felon now and will happily load your neighbors into boxcars" thing is bullshit. I don't agree with the stupid "rule" and I'm glad the courts have thrown it out, hope they continue to do so. Haven't owned a braced pistol, paid NFA blackmail for my SBRs and suppressors. But this whole thing about if one chose to take a chance and register a braced pistol makes one a traitor who will turn in his neighbors and who should be tarred and feathered is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Yeah, that sums you up pretty well. Definitely one of the more intelligent posters on this forum.

Reactions: AZLong
I'm not AI nor a "glowie" and I think the "you're an admitted felon now and will happily load your neighbors into boxcars" thing is bullshit. I don't agree with the stupid "rule" and I'm glad the courts have thrown it out, hope they continue to do so. Haven't owned a braced pistol, paid NFA blackmail for my SBRs and suppressors. But this whole thing about if one chose to take a chance and register a braced pistol makes one a traitor who will turn in his neighbors and who should be tarred and feathered is just ridiculous.
As you can see, you are wasting your time.

As you can see, you are wasting your time.
Yeah, I knew this. I've been on this forum a long time. I try not to get into useless internet arguments with people I consider morons, but just slipped up. I'll "go back to being irrelevant" now. There's a better class of people found in the technical forums.

Yeah, you're probably right. Funny, seems more intelligent than some other posters. Isn't technology amazing? Okay, I'm out. See you around the Hide.

Yeah, you're probably right. Funny, seems more intelligent than some other posters. Isn't technology amazing? Okay, I'm out. See you around the Hide.
Oh my, and you were SO close. It is amazing what people can be convinced of. Oh well.

• Haha
Reactions: atomic41
For those sheep that complied to submitting a Form 1 before the due date AND used a Trust, have you received your approved Form 1 yet and if so when?

Reactions: AMGtuned
For those sheep that complied to submitting a Form 1 before the due date AND used a Trust, have you received your approved Form 1 yet and if so when?
In order to do that, the item had to exist in the trust prior to Jan 31. You would need to provide proof of this with application. It is probably unlikely (though certainly not impossible) that someone would register a non-NFA item in their trust. Or you could falsify the trust docs.

In order to do that, the item had to exist in the trust prior to Jan 31. You would need to provide proof of this with application. It is probably unlikely (though certainly not impossible) that someone would register a non-NFA item in their trust. Or you could falsify the trust docs.
yes I know. I am one of those sheep that submitted a Form 1 Trust and provided proof of trust ownership. Submitted in mid Feb and Form 1 approved mid May (3 months). A few friends also submitted Form 1 Trusts too (used me as test bait) right before the deadline of May 31st. They are still not approved and so I decided to ask here.

Bullshit, if you are willing to bend a knee to something as frivolous as this, then when the screws are turned on you and your family, you WILL turn your neighbor in to save yourself. Now go politely fuck off.....

Doc

• Haha
Reactions: JR_77 and Yasherka
Bullshit, if you are willing to bend a knee to something as frivolous as this, then when the screws are turned on you and your family, you WILL turn your neighbor in to save yourself. Now go politely fuck off.....

Doc
Yeah, you're wrong. I do my best not to get into internet arguments with people I consider morons, so I'm out.

• Haha
Reactions: Doc68 and AZLong
It always astounds me that people that are (probably) polite, kind and thoughtful in real life, can turn into raging maniacal jerks in anonymous online forums. Not aiming this at anyone in particular, but as the OP on this thread, I have to admit that it's taken some hard-right turns that have surprised even me ... and I've been around the block a few times. Hey ... it is what it is ... right?

Reactions: Downtown
It always astounds me that people that are (probably) polite, kind and thoughtful in real life, can turn into raging maniacal jerks in anonymous online forums. Not aiming this at anyone in particular, but as the OP on this thread, I have to admit that it's taken some hard-right turns that have surprised even me ... and I've been around the block a few times. Hey ... it is what it is ... right?
Yep.

yes I know. I am one of those sheep that submitted a Form 1 Trust and provided proof of trust ownership. Submitted in mid Feb and Form 1 approved mid May (3 months). A few friends also submitted Form 1 Trusts too (used me as test bait) right before the deadline of May 31st. They are still not approved and so I decided to ask here.
I had a form 1 in for numerous months, quite a bit longer that their advertised wait times. Contacted my US Rep and form was processed with a week. There was a bit of hoop jumping, but it got resolved. Could depend on the color of your Rep too. Mine is pretty hard right, so she was on it quick. Actually her staff, but they have obviously taken care of these problems before

Yeah, you're wrong. I do my best not to get into internet arguments with people I consider morons, so I'm out.
You just know it's the truth and your acting like a liberal and have to run away and call names.....perfect liberal right out of their playbook ........

Doc

Reactions: Yasherka
Suck it bootlickers.......

Good job bowing down and SBRing your legally owned pistols......but yeah now keep asking for that permission to cross state borders.....glad I kept all my stuff without altering it.

Fucking jackasses......

Doc

• Haha
Reactions: Schütze and JR_77
I wonder how it feels to wake up so angry every day. Anyway ... since the SBR approvals didn't cost me anything, I haven't lost anything, and am still ready for any eventual outcome as the case travels further up the court ladder. Let's see how it all plays out ...

You aren't out anything. Want to travel? Swap the lower leave the NFA lower in the safe.

Don't even need to do that. If you pull the stock/brace/”shouldering device" or install a longer barrel, it's no longer an SBR and you may travel at will.

But I'm sure that the #WillNotComply crowd was already traveling freely across with their unregistered SBRs anyway, because otherwise they would be hypocrites.