• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pistol Brace Form-1 Wait Times

Well Doc, who really gives a fuck if the waive the tax? We were going to pay it before, so what's the difference after the fact? Maybe it's time to put the orange koolaide down?
Ok bot.......120posts in 10 years.....yeah what a contribution you bring to this table.....

STFU glownigger.....

Doc

Ok bot.......120posts in 10 years.....yeah what a contribution you bring to this table.....

STFU glownigger.....

Doc
1694095878419.png

LOL...Thats when I knew I had won. But now what I want to know is, what the hell is a "glownigger". Thats some weak ass funny shit..

• Haha
Reactions: rustyinbend
Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the pistol brace form 1 amnesty registration bullshit didn't turn your firearm into a true SBR, in that you could put an actual stock on it.....but just allowed you to keep the brace on it?
You're wrong ... it makes it an SBR and available for any modifications that are legal for an SBR ... like a solid/folding stock and/or a vertical foregrip.

Reactions: 1911hombre and ...
Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the pistol brace form 1 amnesty registration bullshit didn't turn your firearm into a true SBR, in that you could put an actual stock on it.....but just allowed you to keep the brace on it?

Please don't rile up the 8%ers, they will make angry keyboard noises.

You're wrong ... it makes it an SBR and available for any modifications that are legal for an SBR ... like a solid/folding stock and/or a vertical foregrip.
I don't think you've thought this all the way through.

And when the Courts are done playing Pickle Ball with this & the rule is nullified. So too are the illegally issued form 1's.

Likely within 6 months the forms 1's will be void & braced pistols restored to there previous status.

But you my friend have now voluntarily put yourself on a list & will be in possession of an illegal SBR (assuming you put a stock on it).

This is a very good example of "for you suffer fools gladly"

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
But wouldn't a person just put the brace back on then? The ruling would be publicized, not like one would be taken by surprise. Everything would just be back where it all started. I suppose if the amnesty form 1 was your very first NFA item, now you're on another list. If someone already had multiple NFA items, no really big deal.

But wouldn't a person just put the brace back on then? The ruling would be publicized, not like one would be taken by surprise. Everything would just be back where it all started. I suppose if the amnesty form 1 was your very first NFA item, now you're on another list. If someone already had multiple NFA items, no really big deal.

Except if they void it they either want their tax or you need to remove your gun from the NFA registry.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Well, I kind of assumed that. I figured if the amnesty Form 1s were voided, anyone who had applied would just remove the item from the registry and put a brace back on. I suppose if they really wanted an SBR and were willing to put up with the travel restrictions, resale hassle, .etc, they could go ahead and pay the tax. Hard to imagine many would, once braces were again freely allowed. I think removal is as simple as a letter, not even any engraving to worry about.

• Haha
I've said it before:

I think what's also/most/highly concerning, is that now they have this list. What good is this list, you ask.

They now have a list of folks, that openly admitted to, in agreement with atf new ideas, owning what can/could/should be classified as an SBR.

They called them SBR's; the people said no, they're pistols... They gave them a "free" way out, on to a registry as, you guessed it, an SBR; the people said yay, muh free stamp. The court says; no mr atf, you did not cross your t's and dot your i's, your rule is invalid.

And now the people do not seem to care about what USED to be everyone's worry: constructive intent. The feds haven't forgot that one, I promise.

But many people already owned NFA items. Just playing Devils Advocate, here's a scenario. A person already has a few NFA SBRs, some brace equipped handguns, and a few unbuilt lowers never transferred as rifles. Say they applied for a amnesty Form 1, it was approved, they installed a stock on one of the "pistols". Rule was voided. They ask to remove the item from the NFA and put the brace back on. Back to square one.

Factory built/bought pistols will be the unavoidable ones; not so much the accessorize crowd, unless they rushed to kiss the ring with their photos and such.

All of this speculation is probably extreme. But it's hard not to fantasize all the scenarios possible in this vulnerable political climate.

Exactly. I've already used my "... sky is falling ..." graphic so I won't use it again for the guys that (a) predict the worst case, and (b) explain the stupidest responses to it. As for me ... I'll just save the brace, or NFA the SBR just like I did the others I have before the whole brace storm.

Regardless of what happens with the rule and ultimate classification of pistols, everyone who has an approved form 1, has an approved form 1.
Nullifying the rule doesn’t nullify anything they approved.
This is not unprecedented, or the first NFA amnesty.

And you’re kidding yourself if you think 4473s aren’t putting you on the same list. Especially if you’ve filled out the digital ones at the big box stores.

Reactions: jr81452
Regardless of what happens with the rule and ultimate classification of pistols, everyone who has an approved form 1, has an approved form 1.

And you’re kidding yourself if you think 4473s aren’t putting you on the same list. Especially if you’ve filled out the digital ones at the big box stores.
You’re 100% correct. And EVERY time ANYONE has purchased more than one firearm at a time, that 4473 was instantly faxed and or scanned and emailed to the FBI. No that’s NOT a joke, opinion, or assumption, it’s 100% FACT…

Lots of things could happen, but one thing is certain ... Having an approved Form-1 for your braced pistol, is way better than not having one.

So your assumption is that anyone who took advantage of a amnesty Form 1 is a traitor to his countrymen, is wishful to be ruled by a totalitarian regime, and would be more than happy to turn his neighbors over the Government stormtroopers to be loaded onto cattle cars? Couldn't they just be wanting to save $200?

So your assumption is that anyone who took advantage of a amnesty Form 1 is a traitor to his countrymen, is wishful to be ruled by a totalitarian regime, and would be more than happy to turn his neighbors over the Government stormtroopers to be loaded onto cattle cars? Couldn't they just be wanting to save $200?
You forgot the part about us all having bad breath, and farting in crowded elevators.

This is a conditional tax forbearance.

ATF could easily say " all conditional forms are void. If you would like a tax paid Form 1 you can apply again and pay the tax"

It wouldn't be the first or last time ATF changed it's mind to screw us.

Last edited:
So your assumption is that anyone who took advantage of a amnesty Form 1 is a traitor to his countrymen, is wishful to be ruled by a totalitarian regime, and would be more than happy to turn his neighbors over the Government stormtroopers to be loaded onto cattle cars?

No, it's not an assumption. You are not to be trusted.

ATF could easily say " all conditional forms are void. If you would like a tax paid Form 1 you can apply again and pay the tax"

That wouldn't surprise me at all. I actually expect that happen, but wouldn't people just ask for the item to be removed and put the brace back on? It's an honest question, not trying to stir anything up. Personally, I felt the whole thing was obvious regulatory overreach and the same court that decided EPA vs West Virginia would not allow the ATF to do basically the same thing, so I never bothered with a amnesty Form. Just can't see that it's a big deal, either way.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. I actually expect that happen, but wouldn't people just ask for the item to be removed and put the brace back on? It's an honest question, not trying to stir anything up. Personally, I felt the whole thing was obvious regulatory overreach and the same court that decided EPA vs West Virginia would not allow the ATF to do basically the same thing, so I never bothered with a amnesty Form. Just can't see that it's a big deal, either way.

Pistol braces were always an ATF Honeypot. I was blown away by how many people couldn't or can't understand that

We know they’ve done cost free NFA amnesties before without coming after people for taxes later.

Do you have an example of where “changing their mind” has rendered approved Form 1s invalid, or where they’ve asked for payment for amnestied form 1s?
Anything is possible, but as far as I know that would be unprecedented.

"Unprecedented "......like the making a determination on the legality of something, then claiming it's illegal, then claiming its legal again, then claiming its now actually illegal, then saying no we've made up our mind, its legal.......then 10 years later deciding its been illegal the whole time kind of "Unprecedented" ?

The ATF burning dozens of innocent women and children alive over unpaid taxes was also Unprecedented.....you know.....until Waco.....

This is the same agency that shot an innocent women holding a baby in the face.......and you think they won't come after you for $200? Lol

You win the internet today. Have a good night.

We know they’ve done cost free NFA amnesties before without coming after people for taxes later.

Do you have an example of where “changing their mind” has rendered approved Form 1s invalid, or where they’ve asked for payment for amnestied form 1s?
Anything is possible, but as far as I know that would be unprecedented.

Communists throw precedent out the window.

FRT yes then no was unprecedented. Well, maybe the the Akins but who knows apples to apples or not.

Solvent traps were unprecedented.

Denying Form 1 applications for suppressors was unprecedented because unserialized bare metal tubes were now suppressor parts and thus were actually suppressors.

Declaring a shoelace to be a machine gun was unprecedented but they did it, happily.

"Come back with a warrant, and I'm happy to give you a tour of my gun safe."
And now you will need the kings permission to bring it across state borders and cant carry it loaded with one in the chamber in your vehicle if you wish to do so.......

Also you bent at the knee on their whim, you didn't even wait for it to go to court. So yes, I think y'all would turn your neighbor in without hesitation once again......legal or not

Doc

"Unprecedented "......like the making a determination on the legality of something, then claiming it's illegal, then claiming its legal again, then claiming its now actually illegal, then saying no we've made up our mind, its legal.......then 10 years later deciding its been illegal the whole time kind of "Unprecedented" ?

The ATF burning dozens of innocent women and children alive over unpaid taxes was also Unprecedented.....you know.....until Waco.....

This is the same agency that shot an innocent women holding a baby in the face.......and you think they won't come after you for $200? Lol
Not sure how we got from a debate about Form-1 conditional approval ... to Waco conspiracy theories. But one things for sure ... some of you guys and your "sky is falling" perspectives are damn entertaining.

"Conspiracy theories"

View attachment 8222610

View attachment 8222607

...yeah no, you're right, Waco never happened.....lol

"But but but david koresh lit that fire!!!!!!"

Yeah....totally was David.....and not the people pumping the building full of flammable gas while launching pyrotechnic rounds in....

But by all means, keep thinking the govt is your friend who's trying to help you out...
Not saying it didn't happen ... just saying that using it to tell those of us following the law that we shouldn't ... is a stretch.

...who's law?...

Last I checked, ATF cannot make laws...but they can murder your family and burn your house down.

If some crazy guy walked up to you and said, "it's now illegal to walk on this sidewalk, if you walk on the sidewalk I might fine you, or kill you.....but if you admit you've walked on the sidewalk, I'll let you go"

1) it's not actually illegal to walk on the sidewalk
2) I'm not telling the crazy guy shit
Psych-101 ... the chapter is "The Fallacy of Imperfect Analogy". It's about comparing two things that have no basis for comparison, and using that comparison to justify a set of questionable beliefs or actions.

If a US Court decides the pistol brace final rule is a legal regulation ... then I'm covered by my Form-1's.
If a US Court decides the pistol brace final rule is an executive branch over-reach and strikes it down ... then I'm covered.

Either way ... I'm in full compliance.

I'll probably never understand the whole "If you don't violate the regulation then you're a limp-dick, gravy-sucking communist transgender retard" ... but it is what it is, I am who I am, and you are who you are.

While we won't change each other's minds, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your perspective.

....did you or did you not admit to the govt that you had committed a felony as a condition to obtain your form 1?........

Was your "amnesty" court adjudicated? It was it just a promise from the ATF they wouldn't come after you?
I did not. I admitted to legally purchasing braced pistols in a period when that was completely legal, and submitting proper documentation to stay compliant within the regulation timeframes and guidelines when those regulations required that I do so.

I honestly don't know WTF you guys are talking about ... when you opine that submitting for a Form-1 within the new guideline somehow makes me a felon. It's actually the opposite, where "not" submitting to bring your braced pistols into compliance is actually the crime.

I just don't get it ... probably never will ... don't waste your time on me. I'm a law-following lost cause.

So you were issued a stamp the very second the ATF issued their ruling?

Or were you in possession of a now illegal SBR for a period of time before submitting and being granted your tax stamp?

Unless you had that stamp the second their new ruling went into effect, you applying for a "tax free stamp" is a defacto admission you were in possession of an illegal SBR.

Stop thinking like the ATF is a rational and well meaning institution....they are psychotically analytical with a history of murderous intent over petty reasons, and will look for any loophole they can to fuck you over.

The ATF is that coworker of yours who read 'The Prince' once in highschool....and now looks for any reason to fuck you over because he thinks it makes him look better and more competent.

You make a typo, he tells the boss.
You spend and extra 2 minutes on break, he tells the boss.
You tells joke, he takes "offense" and tells the boss.

....that is the ATF.....
That's all just goofy. Almost too goofy to respond, other than to say your interpretation of the facts, the law, and the regulation ... are just so wrong I wouldn't know where to start.

I wish you luck explaining how and why you ignored the regulation and didn't Form-1 your braced pistol within the required timeframe and through the legally identified means. I like my chances of staying out of jail ... WAY better than yours.

I did not. I admitted to legally purchasing braced pistols in a period when that was completely legal, and submitting proper documentation to stay compliant within the regulation timeframes and guidelines when those regulations required that I do so.

I honestly don't know WTF you guys are talking about ... when you opine that submitting for a Form-1 within the new guideline somehow makes me a felon. It's actually the opposite, where "not" submitting to bring your braced pistols into compliance is actually the crime.

I just don't get it ... probably never will ... don't waste your time on me. I'm a law-following lost cause.
No...you are a felon. Self admitted.

No...you are a felon. Self admitted.
You guys showed up to a nuclear war with a pool noodle. I’m done wasting time with you knuckleheads and your goofy theories of my felonious and anti-democratic actions. As much fun as this has been whipping you into a conspiratorial frenzy ... I need to get going and take my truck in for service. See ya ...

I'm sure this comes as no shock to to the enlightened here.....
This entire thread is bait.

This isn't the first time the OP has been on the "sensible and reasonable" side of an argument.
Truth.......

Doc

You guys showed up to a nuclear war with a pool noodle. I’m done wasting time with you knuckleheads and your goofy theories of my felonious and anti-democratic actions. As much fun as this has been whipping you into a conspiratorial frenzy ... I need to get going and take my truck in for service. See ya ...
What did you do with the brace that you removed?