• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 4 mailing times, wtf?

goatboy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2018
On April 12, I Called Martinsburg on a whim and got the good news that a can was approved 4/10.

Awesome I thought.

Three weeks later, no stamp.

WTF is up with delivery? Why can’t they stamp it and put it in the mail?

I called again last week thinking I must have been wrong about the approval/ hear it again. The polite woman, unsolicited, said delivery can take 45 days.

WTF?

I know others are seeing this too but it deserves its own gripe-post.

GB

311 days from check cashed to approval, 49 days until delivery at my LGS. They used to tell you up to 30 days for mailing.

Mine was approved March 13, and it got to my dealer yesterday. They are only doing transfers by appointment, so I have to wait until Monday.

Will the NFA ever get to the 21st century, and start doing some of this crap electronically instead of paper and snail mail?

On April 12, I Called Martinsburg on a whim and got the good news that a can was approved 4/10.

Awesome I thought.

Three weeks later, no stamp.

WTF is up with delivery? Why can’t they stamp it and put it in the mail?

I called again last week thinking I must have been wrong about the approval/ hear it again. The polite woman, unsolicited, said delivery can take 45 days.

WTF?

I know others are seeing this too but it deserves its own gripe-post.

GB

There are guys still waiting on cans from 2016 and your pissed lol

I'm still waiting on my stamp approved 02/06/2020... requested certified copies 2x last one atf said they mailed on 04/17. Still don't have it.

• Angry
Reactions: HenryTheAce
I hear ya brother. I’m not as bad as some of the other people, I was approved for 3 on 3/24 and the dealer still haven’t received them.

The worst thing is I received two other stamps already that were approved after that date. All from the same LGS.

That, and it's taking months for them to cash the checks. I sent 2 in Jan that took 2 months to cash, another was sent end of March and it still is not cashed.

Just picked one up today that was approved 4/5. I don't know if it's the virus or what, but the time from approval to the dealer getting the stamp is ridiculous. I live less than 2 hours from Martinsburg, WV. It doesn't take a month for mail to go that far

Reactions: HenryTheAce
It's generally 5 days or less coast to coast via US Mail. The recent mail delays are bullshit. I read enough reports to know that the 6-8 folks in this thread ain't the only ones waiting 40+ days for stamps to arrive

My thought is that they WANT the process to be as painful and time consuming as possible. Otherwise, they could approve multiples for the same trust/individual at the same time, instead of doing the checks individually. Earlier this year, I got 3 stamps in about 24 days, all done by different examiners. In what universe does that make sense?

Again, if it was electronic in one of the dozens of workflow planning software systems, all those could have been done at the same time, along with the last two that got delayed for so long.

There are guys still waiting on cans from 2016 and your pissed lol
Pissed? No. Griping and grumbling, sure. This was a solid 9 month approval. But, If guys are waiting since 2016, I’m thinking that they got some other issues.

Reactions: cmoore806
Update. Sent 12/1/19, approved 5/30/20 and stamps arrived 6/20/20 with a trust.

Awesome- mine did come in, took 40 days. And then I bought a Full Nelson just to keep it all rolling.

Friends don’t let friends shoot unsuppressed

Last edited:
Man... I had 3 approvals on Feb 11th.

One shop received 2 on Feb 18th.

I'm still waiting for the other one after the shop has requested copies twice now....

Reactions: esw004
Man... I had 3 approvals on Feb 11th.

One shop received 2 on Feb 18th.

I'm still waiting for the other one after the shop has requested copies twice now....
Same...

Was told wait 30 days for mail delivery of my stamp, blamed covid. Was 30 to the day. Just another way to make you wait longer.

Was told wait 30 days for mail delivery of my stamp, blamed covid. Was 30 to the day. Just another way to make you wait longer.
Must be nice, I'm at 140 days with two certified copy requests....

• Wow
Reactions: Jgunner
This is so easy to resolve, but they simply haven’t done it.

I have completed two Form 1’s. Each stamp was scanned and sent via email. Why they cannot do this for form 4’s is beyond me. Its 2020. SOT’s should have email.

Took me over 40 days to get a form 20 approved, let alone in hand. So it’s not just form 4s that are taking longer.

Something has to be wrong....
Called multiple times, said it was approved, said they mailed out my first certified copy request, never received it. Requested again 45 days later, called again "we are processing your request" did/would not provide any further information. Have not called back since, there is no one there that is willing to be helpful, just lazy government bureaucratic workers. I have received two other stamps in the interim that were approved after this stamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner
I feel your pain to some degree I had a year long wait in 2012.

That was a paper filed form1.

I think if more of you experienced using some form1 cans.....you'd never buy another commercial.

I feel your pain to some degree I had a year long wait in 2012.

That was a paper filed form1.

I think if more of you experienced using some form1 cans.....you'd never buy another commercial.

I have an approved Form 1 in hand for a .22 can. I just haven't built it. lol.

Reactions: Longshot85