• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Forster Priming Tool? -

300ATT

Induna
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2008
Denver CO
I was considering getting the stand alone Forster priming tool. Have been using the top of my Co-Ax press and lee hand-held priming tools. I purchased the Sinclair priming tool a long time ago beautifully machined but it is such a pain to use that it collects dust.

Those that own the Forster priming tool and have used it could you give a report?

I do not own the Forester priming tool but I am curious as to why the Co-Ax was or is not sufficient ? , I've had zero problems with mine .

I do not own the Forester priming tool but I am curious as to why the Co-Ax was or is not sufficient ? , I've had zero problems with mine .

It sucks because it’s slow and tedious feeding them one primer at a time. I use the lee auto prime as well but I don’t see how it could get much better personally as it allows me to do so sitting back on the couch.

I have the forster bench priming tool and it works fine . I quit using it because I didn't like the idea of that tube full of primers pointing right at my face

Thanks. I also use the Lee on the couch ... it's old and has primed tens of thousands and it sucks when the lid pops off ...

I have the Lee primer as well, and like many of you I'm sure, I've looked at upgrading it because its such a "low end" primer and there are so many fancier options out there. But, honestly, it works perfectly, has a primer tray, and I can use it sitting on the couch relaxing. It actually makes priming one of the most enjoyable parts of the reloading process because it it just so easy lol. Also I've never had the lid pop off of mine, are you talking about the lid to the primer tray, aka your primers go everywhere when it pops off? Maybe you could just get a new tray, sounds like the clip that keeps yours closed might be worn causing it to fail.

If I was going to upgrade I'd go with the FA tool below. Seems like a decent price and comes in a decent case with all the shellholders you will need. I would never consider using a single primer system as that seems like it would be an awful time.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...latinum-series-perfect-seat-hand-priming-tool

Reactions: spife7980
The lid and tabs are worn on my lee allowing the lid rotate easily out of the lock position. Once in a great while the lid does pops off, of sometimes I lose the primers. This happened the other night trying to prime some LC .308 brass where I had not quite cut out the crimp in the primer pockets and it was a real squeeze to get them in.

I guess I just need to spend another $16 for a new one. Best bang for the buck under the sun.

It sucks because it’s slow and tedious feeding them one primer at a time. I use the lee auto prime as well but I don’t see how it could get much better personally as it allows me to do so sitting back on the couch.

I'm a simple man and a bit OCD so it does not bother me at all , to each his own !