• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Forster Quality

Herb Stoner

Public Nuisance
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
Two Places at Once
I recently bought a new Forster sizing die and it just does not look like my other Forster dies. I’m not sure if they outsourced manufacturing or I got a knockoff - just doesn’t have quality finish of my other Forster dies.

I contact both Forster and the online retailer a couple of weeks ago and neither have responded.

New die is in the foreground next to one of my other Forster sizing dies.

987E81E5-834D-4575-AB83-A791965F7B20.jpeg

DFF70DEC-293B-4F50-815A-87D231E1B6AA.jpeg

I ran in to the same issue and returned them. See my post:

Reactions: Herb Stoner
They are my favorite dies but ordered a new set of 300 win mag for my dad and returned them. Not sure what happened to them. Look cheaper didn't want to thread in press to well and sized the cases way more than the other die I had.

NO, it can't. It happens to Forster though systematically. I reported a defective die out of the box and they told me I broke it. Amazing.
Not meaning to pile on because Forster does make some good stuff.

They do have a habit of blaming the customer. I received a seating die with the stem more than an inch shorter than any other I have ever seen and was told it must have been the end of the stock rod. Mail it in at my cost and they offered to inspect and replace if necessary.

M y spent primer tube was clogging and I was told it was my fault. I later learned there had been a change to presses later than mine to resolve a known issue.

Dillon, they are not!

Reactions: Oldmauser
Thanks for the info - that plating is certainly NOT an upgrade. I thought it might have been a cheap knock-off. I have mostly Forster and Redding dies and until now preferred the Forster but I'll have to rethink that.
In the past I've had great customer service from Forster so was surprised when they didn't respond.
Anyone know if you can order the the Forster die without the new finish?

Yeah I was a big forster fan but if you do have any issues it's send it in on your own dime if there is a issue we will figure it out from there....... the 300 die I told them I have another one and the new one is way different and sizes way more nothing just pay to have it inspected. I guess I will move on and the seating stems yeah I get a different looking one everytime lol

I have 8 sets of Forster dies. I’ve had a few minor problems they fixed. My experience with Forster has been good

I’ve a few myself, but obviously the older versions. I’d not be pleased with receiving what the OP posted.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
I am curious as to what problems you are having. I just switched to Whidden for resizing and I am very pleased.
outside screw on the FL die was corrupt that I couldnt screw locking ring all the way.
bushing with numbers .249'' is .250''.
and this was in one set. but inside of the die I think everything is ok because i use it normaly.
very strange from whidden.